Still undecided which beach to go to in Cozumel, and leaving tomorrow! Help!

wework2play

Help me out here cruise critic! Going to Progreso and Cozumel. Fam of 5, including 3 sons ages 14,11,3. On a budget, so I am thinking either Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's non AI side. We want a nice beach, pool, and food/drinks.

Which one do I choose? I've never been to either.:confused:

One more thing: Does Progreso have a nice reasonably priced beach excursion?? Weather.com looks like it's going to be HOT. We may want to choose water over the ruins.

Help me out here cruise critic! Going to Progreso and Cozumel. Fam of 5, including 3 sons ages 14,11,3. On a budget, so I am thinking either Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's non AI side. We want a nice beach, pool, and food/drinks.

Which one do I choose? I've never been to either.:confused:

One more thing: Does Progreso have a nice reasonably priced beach excursion?? Weather.com looks like it's going to be HOT. We may want to choose water over the ruins.

Food is not cheap in Cozumel.

My wife and I had lunch at Mr Sanchos before they had the ai and we split a yd long margarita and each got an entree and an appetizer and it was like $55.00.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

We've been to Paradise Beach on one of our family cruises. It was great! The kids loved the water toys, kayaks, etc. The beach was relaxing and the food was very good. Free Wifi there too--take your notebook or iphone. Prices are very reasonable for a tourist area.

Progreso is one long beach with lots of bars and restaurants across the street. It's OK, but vendors and little kids are after you constantly to buy trinkets. One time there, we took the double-decker bus tour around the city and learned lots about the area. There are also good excursions to Merida, the capital. Look into the Salsa and Salsa excursion.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

I can't help you with non AI but we had a blast at Mr.Sancho's. We had all you can eat/drink package and it means ALL you can eat and drink for $50. The beach was awesome but the toys were a bit extra, I am not sure sure how much but it was the spot to be. We got a covered bed-type thingy right on the beach and that might be idea for your youngest so he/she can sleep without worry about sunburn. Hope this helps!

we went to paradise beach on our first cruise and we really enjoyed it. If you have kids they have alot of trampolines and slides on the water for them to enjoy for a very cheap fee. Theres also a nice big pool a bar and yummy food. Theres alot of chairs with lots of palm tress if you want shade and also chairs out on the sun if you want to work on your tan. We are sailing on the Liberty western on September and definately plan to go there again. Hope this helps! enjoy your cruise:)

Thumbs up for Paradise Beach. Nice changing rooms and food/drinks are reasonable. The four of us split some sort of appetizer plate and it was enough for a modest lunch and wasn't too expensive.

In Progreso, DEFINITELY do the double decker bus tour thing (a.k.a. Three Buck Truck). Best $3 you'll spend in Progreso, and it gives you an overview of the area and the beach front.

Sit up on top...it's more fun, trust me :p

GP

Archived