Irons on Oasis of the Seas

Hi all

We leave in just one week on the Oasis of the Seas. I know for fire safety reasons you can not take an iron with you to use in your room. Just wondering if they offer them for use in self service laundries like Princess. I can not see any self service laundries shown on their deck maps.

Thanks

Hi all

We leave in just one week on the Oasis of the Seas. I know for fire safety reasons you can not take an iron with you to use in your room. Just wondering if they offer them for use in self service laundries like Princess. I can not see any self service laundries shown on their deck maps.

Thanks

Royal Caribbean does not have self serve laundries on any of their ships. They do provide a laundry service if you need clothes washed or pressed. The pricing for this service are very resonable.

Hi all

Thanks

From the RCI website......

View our Shipboard Laundry Service price schedule.

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

If you want things "pressed only" it would be 1/2 the dry cleaning charge.

You can take a small travel steamer and use it in your cabin. Bed, Bath & Beyond has them. I have taken mine on several cruises. Also there is a product called Downey wrinkle release although I have not myself used it.

You can take a small travel steamer and use it in your cabin. Bed, Bath & Beyond has them. I have taken mine on several cruises. Also there is a product called Downey wrinkle release although I have not myself used it.

Steamers are actually on the banned list. As with any of the banned items enforcement isn't always done.

They don't appear on this list from the RCI website What items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship?

Hummm.... it is back to the small print again. The information page says "these and other similar items" will be confiscated. This means that they do not have to put every single item that might have a different label on the list (e.g.rounders bat vs baseball bat)

An iron is listed so is a clothes steamer allowed? They probably would confiscate it if they found it.

I just don't get the 'no irons' rule. I cannot see that a iron is any more of a safety risk than a hair straightener. It is just that they want to get revenue from you when you have to send your crumpled clothes to the laundry.

Candles and cigarettes in the stateroom are clearly fire hazards. JMHO.

Hummm.... it is back to the small print again. The information page says "these and other similar items" will be confiscated. This means that they do not have to put every single item that might have a different label on the list (e.g.rounders bat vs baseball bat)

An iron is listed so is a clothes steamer allowed? They probably would confiscate it if they found it.

I just don't get the 'no irons' rule. I cannot see that a iron is any more of a safety risk than a hair straightener. It is just that they want to get revenue from you when you have to send your crumpled clothes to the laundry.

I took a clothes steamer with me on our cruise on Radiance last September and had no problems.

Candles are on the list.

It's not just that they're a fire hazard - it also has to do with the amount of electricity they use.

I took a clothes steamer with me on our cruise on Radiance last September and had no problems.

Candles are on the list.

There has been several accounts on the boards of people having to go to the naughty room over their steamers.

There has been several accounts on the boards of people having to go to the naughty room over their steamers.

Some steamers look similar to an iron. Some look totally different. I think the people who have their steamer confiscated are the ones who have one that looks like an iron.

Archived