Riviera's FW excursions and culinary classes

Carnevale

There is a small "Peanut Gallery" area, that was packed to the gills on the Inaugural voyages, but I understand that some rambunctious folks later forced a change in the policy.

I imagine that if you asked nicely and promised to behave yourself and keep mum, that they might make an exception for a spouse.

It cannot hurt to ask- :D

Good news! The sailng we are on in early August now has the culinary classes noted and additional shore excusrions have been posted too. And there is a shore excursion that sounds great - a 4.5 hour market and tasting tour in Corfu followed by a 90 min culinary class on the ship using ingredients from the market. We are booked on that and are really looking forward to it!!

Not only can you watch (silently), but you can also take photos. And the recipes are available to everyone, not just participants.

I cannot say enough good things about the cooking class experience.

Thanks for the update, Carneval. I just checked and they are now on our cruise too.

However after reading that they now have onlookers inside the room we might be rethinking this. We enjoyed the classes on Marina but there was no audience. Some folks watched from outside through the side windows. I can understand a partner sharing the experience (show your ID at the door - kidding!) coming in the room and watching from the side and taking a few photos but I know DW would not want an audience per se.

That said, looking over the classes they are new, interesting and would be fun.

I am on the July 7th sailing from Venice to Barcelona (Riviera) and I was able to book cooking classes since 2 days, there are only 6 classes available on 12 days mostly around 4pm

Welcome to Cruise Critic HeadSurferGrande. Don't let my feelings put you off the classes. We very much enjoyed them previously, lots of interaction.

We are on the sailing after yours. Please break it in gently :) Enjoy that new ship feeling and your cruise!

Archived