Lanyards

Are they anything special, or should we just buy them at the Dollar Store or bring some old ones from previous adventures?:confused:

Nothing special unless you want to advertise RCL...I'd bring my own from home...

You might want to consider not wearing a lanyard.

They are not really a good look, sort of a fashion "faux pas"...

keep the S&S pass in your pocket..

Unlike you most of my holiday / vacation clothing don't have safe or any pockets at all. Our TA gives us really neat ones for every trip

We found wearing our lanyards was a conversation starter when in port in Australia and New Zealand. The people there are very friendly and proud of their towns / cities. The usual reaction was "Oh, are you from the ship? Hope you're having a good time here." Etc. Then after we answer, the next question is Where are we from in the States? - guess our accents give us away. :D

If it is your first cruise with Royal will they give a Lanyard or do you have to buy one? If so does anyone know the cost and where you would get one on the Allure?

Thank you

No, they don't give them out and you are not required to wear one.

I have worn one for years at my job and I do not want to wear one when on vacation although many people find them useful. I carry my card in a small wristlet type purse. Easy to carry and nice to look at.

You might want to consider not wearing a lanyard.

They are not really a good look, sort of a fashion "faux pas"...

keep the S&S pass in your pocket..

Would my sandals, argyle sox, plaid shorts, and flower shirt be a good look?:rolleyes:

Like you, I cannot stand fashion "faux pas" on a cruise ship.

Please advise.

Would my sandals, argyle sox, plaid shorts, and flower shirt be a good look?:rolleyes:

Like you, I cannot stand fashion "faux pas" on a cruise ship.

Please advise.

Throw in a neon green landyard and you will be good to go.:p

I love having a lanyard for my seapass card, it's so convenient. But, I don't want something cheap and plastic, so I own a few of the beautiful lanyards that you can get from this web site:

http://www.lanyardwoman.com/index.html

These cost more, but they are lovely, well made and look more like jewelry than a lanyard....and well, I'm worth it! :D Check them out.

Also, I bring a suction cup hook with me on cruises and I place it on the inside of the cabin door. When I come in to the cabin I hang my lanyard on the hook and when I leave I see it hanging there and never leave the cabin without it. Just a little tip, use it or not. :)

I wear these...couple bucks from Wal-Mart or Home Depot. The lanyards tend to blow around in the sea breezes and hit you in the face, one time, almost blew off my neck...

I like your wrist holder, but I prefer to wear a lanyard. I tuck the lanyard and seapass card into my shirt, so it doesn't blow around.

I know lanyards are not the best look, but I'm of an age when I don't care about fashion. (No, I'm not a slob. I do dress nicely, but I just don't care what other people think.)

I like your wrist holder, but I prefer to wear a lanyard. I tuck the lanyard and seapass card into my shirt, so it doesn't blow around.

I know lanyards are not the best look, but I'm of an age when I don't care about fashion. (No, I'm not a slob. I do dress nicely, but I just don't care what other people think.)

Totally agree :D. It works for me and I don't care what anyone else thinks.

I looked at the RCL laynards on our last cruise and seem to recal they ranged around $7 - $9 each, depending on "options". Some had a detachable piece and others included a plastic piece you could place cards in and display either landscape or portrait. Price kind of scared me off, so I decided to check the office supply store at home.

If it is your first cruise with Royal will they give a Lanyard or do you have to buy one? If so does anyone know the cost and where you would get one on the Allure?

Thank you

Come over to the roll call for your cruise. Lanyards are being sold for a project for the children of Labadee. Liz has a picture of the lanyard posted on one of the last few pages.

We would also like to get to know you.

Judi :)

I have saved them to reuse them. Not really necessary. Last cruise was the first I used a lanyard. I never had to have my card replaced:eek: That was new for me. I always have to get my card replaced one or two times a cruise. Just call me a busy mom. The card always shows up in the cabin at a later date. Last cruise a really nice member of CC brought us all lanyards and name tags. My teen has a camo one he likes. I might have to invest in the telephone cord wrist band. That looks good too!

Kelly

I love my lanyard, and I look forward to wearing it. I am a heart surgery survivor, and the American Heart Association sells really nice ones which are a red foam heart shape. ive had many. questions and complements on it.

Cruzin Lady

Thank you

If I am wearing something without pockets I use a lanyard. It is very cool and is made of rhinestones.

Archived