Rhetorical question: Should I book a consecutive cruise for $100?

Daghis

Funny you mention that; I'm actually thinking of doing the same and already have that week booked off. All I'd need to do is change my return flight, but that decision will be made probably in July or August.

Ha! Great minds think alike. :) Yeah I have enough time off, just trying to see if DH can do the same with his job. We'll see. I wonder if Royal would have us stay the night between cruises in Fort Lauderdale, or in Miami?

I wonder if Royal would have us stay the night between cruises in Fort Lauderdale, or in Miami?

If I remember correctly from what I was told, I think the hotel is at the second cruise's location.

I notice that on my reservations, it's listed as a pre-cruise hotel for the second cruise... the first cruise doesn't list it as a post-cruise hotel.

We have 5 night Jewel booked 11.24 for $849 in a JS. Not any JS, 1100! Now there is a military rate of $869 on FOS for 7 nights in a D2. We live in Tampa, we can drive to Canaveral. But give up 1100 for an extra two nights for $20pp? Either way we would be taking a week of vacation time and are flexible.

If I were in your position, I'd go with the Freedom of the Seas. It doesn't look like you've sailed on a Freedom-class ship before, so that's something new, plus I happen to like those ports. Plus, it is two more nights. As you can tell from this thread, I'm all about having more cruise nights. :)

This isn't answering your question, but just in case anyone is curious about the hotel given to us for the our cruises out of Port Canaveral, they're using the Doubletree by Hilton by the Orlando Airport. Yeah, we're going to have to schlep back to the airport after the first cruise, and then back to the port the next morning. Slightly less convenient, but hey, it's free! :D

Congrats. I have to wonder though if you can request them to put you up overnight at a beach in PC/Cocoa. It would be shame you couldn't hang out at the beach. And why schlep if you don't have too. Heck, it's an automatic no if you don't ask.

Erika

I can change my existing air reservation for no charge (thanks, Southwest), and the resulting fare is actually slightly cheaper than what I've got now, so there's no extra cost here.

I think this was your sign that you should do it. A flight ends up being cheaper when you change it? Jump on it!

To SR

Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only 7 days on a awesome ship but better ports!

Regarding going down from Jr to a D1

Been on both and unless you were on a Owners suite or above I would have no issues going down to a D1!

Is still a nice cabin!

Archived