How full is my ship?

Ninja Jo

There is absolutely no way for you to know how 'full' your ship is going to be. There are websites that might show how many cabins may be available on any given sailing, but what it won't show is how many of the sold cabin actually contain double occupancy, triple or quad occupancy, or single occupants.

Just assume that your ship will sail at capacity, whatever number that is for your ship. And even that may not be an indication of how crowded it feels. My last cruise was sold out and it never felt crowded. The same may not hold true if you are on Carnival Dream in the middle of summer.

And keep in mind that cruise ships never sail 'pretty empty'. Not

Going to happen.

Just go on your ship with the mindset to have wonderful time.

:D

Try to put in your information on cruise dot com and it should give a good idea of what cabins are still available.

It really doesn't matter to me how many are going as long as the Mr. & I are on the ship! :D However, out of curiousity I put in the information at the above mentioned site. If your date doesn't come up as an option, does that mean it's already sold out?

It really doesn't matter to me how many are going as long as the Mr. & I are on the ship! :D However, out of curiousity I put in the information at the above mentioned site. If your date doesn't come up as an option, does that mean it's already sold out?

Possibly that's what it means but it could also mean they have pulled it temporarily as they are doing upgrade and upsell offers and assigning guarantee cabins. It's a little early for that but maybe.

It could mean a few other things as well.

It is unusual for a ship to go out not full or close to it.

Why do you want to know how many are currently booked?

I was just curious. There doesn't seem to be a lot going on in our roll call yet.

Thank you everyone.

I was just curious. There doesn't seem to be a lot going on in our roll call yet.

Thank you everyone.

Keep in mind that Cruise Critic, and particularly active Cruise Critic Forum members, may only account for as little as 5-10% of the total cruise passengers industry wide, and even fewer of them may participate in a Roll Call.

I never joined a Roll Call during my first 43 cruises and only on my last two (which were a back-to-back) did I finally join the 'conversation'.

Thank you everyone.

It's very hit or miss with regard to Roll Calls. It's hard to predict which will be busy, active ones and which may not have any Roll Call at all. It is never an indication of whether that cruise is selling well or anything other than there weren't many (any) people who wanted to participate in a Roll Call.

We've been on a great many cruises and I almost never participate in Roll Calls. Just my personal choice.

Archived