My review of Pasion Island with pics!

cruzlovr75

We went to Pasion Island on an excursion through our ship. We had a nice day at the beach. The boat ride to the island was a little long, it takes about 45 minutes from Cozumel. Our day was very windy and the sea was very choppy and guests were feeling sea sick on the boat ride. I am not a strong swimmer so I didn't swim in the sea at the island but there were others in the water. The island was very pretty with the palm trees and white sand. They had several fun things to do there, they had a playground, open bar, buffet lunch (be careful of the bees around the fruit tray), water balloon toss game, floatie water toys, gift shops. Here is some photos.

033.jpg

036.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

028.jpg

026.jpg

Thanks cruzlovr & JC Kruzer for the great photos! Brings back fond memories! :)

We lucked out on our day there this past January -- sunny, only a gentle breeze, and very calm seas! The boat ride was actually enjoyable ... nice views and had fun chatting with others. The water remained a lovely color all the way to the beach because there was not lots of wave action stirring up the sand.

A totally wonderful day! :D

Hi South Carolina..You are welcome..It is a great place , and we enjoy the boat ride also..Photo of wife and daughter on the way back to ship..Happy cruising ! :p

We lucked out on our day there this past January -- sunny, only a gentle breeze, and very calm seas! The boat ride was actually enjoyable ... nice views and had fun chatting with others. The water remained a lovely color all the way to the beach because there was not lots of wave action stirring up the sand.

mabfit.jpg

You are so lucky to have had good weather and a smooth boat ride.

• 3 weeks later...
OCruisers - what was the water temperature like when you where there in January?

JC Kruzer - great photos - thanks for sharing and giving us a chance to preview the island! :)

It was warm enough for me to go swimming ... and I won't swim in cold water. At home I don't go into our pool until June.

DH thought the water was a perfect temperature. Remember, we were there on a very warm sunny day. We've been to other beaches around Cozumel on other cruises in January/February when the water was way too cold for me.

It has been really clam both times we were there in November and March, even tough the boat ride was a little bouncy. I think it is because of the island location..

Are there waves on Passion Island??

I prefer calm water to swim in as we have plenty of waves in New Jersey!!

i56vkm.jpg

equh43.jpg

It has been really clam both times we were there in November and March, even tough the boat ride was a little bouncy. I think it is because of the island location..

i56vkm.jpg

equh43.jpg

The photos are great!! Thanks for sharing them. The water looks nice and calm.

We had a blast there!! We took the twister over there and it was so much fun. You def get wet on the twister boat and the beach was so pretty, this was one of my favorite places to visit on our cruise. Love your pics ,it brings back happy memories.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bump Up for "mitsugirly".

Thanks so much.

Does anyone know how you can get there if your ship does not sponsor a tour there directly? It seems so far away to be going by cab/bus. Can you take a boat there (which would seem quicker) if you are not on a sponsored tour? I was thinking I read somewhere that you couldn't??? :confused:

Archived