Please Help-We don't know what to do.

To my mind Freedom class ships are basically larger Voyager class ships with a few added features while Oasis and Allure offer a totally different and exciting cruise experience with more and better entertainment and dining options. We have sailed on Freedom class ships and had a wonderful time. We even took our kids and grandkids on Freedom shortly after she began sailing. In December we will be taking them on Allure and are even more excited about that. Whichever ship you decide to sail on, I know you will have a great time, but in my opinion Allure or Oasis offer the best bang for your buck.:)

The Allure is a fabulous ship and a unique one at that. There is so much more than the size of a balcony when cruising (IMHO)...have to look at the whole package - entertainment, things to do, venues, etc. I also agree with those who believe the Oasis class ships are too big, too whatever...when they haven't experienced them - perhaps discounting their one sided opinion. Bottom line - I would look at the whole package of what each ship has to offer and itinerary and choose from that angle. Have a great cruise where ever you choose.

If everything was equal, I would always choose a larger balcony. However, everything isn't equal. Freedom is a nice ship, and a cruise on it will be very enjoyable. However, there is a lot more to do on Allure than on Freedom, and despite claims of "too big" (this is always subjective, and far more of a personal taste), larger ships will have more to do than smaller ones (not that FoS is a "small" ship with "nothing" to do).

So the question you should ask of yourself is how much time do you think you will spend on your balcony vs. the features/shows/activities that you would get on Allure that you wouldn't get on Freedom (at least the ones that you are interested in)?

Me personally, I don't choose a ship for the balcony I can get, I choose for the cruise (ship, destination, ports, departure port, etc.), and then get the best balcony I can afford (and have had the opportunity to occupy some of the nicer ones). And considering that $200 is just about noise in the cost of cruising, that price is effectively equal.

So which cruise would you be more excited to take if the balcony wasn't an issue?

Either way, I am sure you will have fun!

BTW, if you really want a cool balcony, get an Aqua Theater suite on Oasis/Allure, but I suspect that will be significantly more than $200 extra.

The Allure is a fabulous ship and a unique one at that. There is so much more than the size of a balcony when cruising (IMHO)...have to look at the whole package - entertainment, things to do, venues, etc. I also agree with those who believe the Oasis class ships are too big, too whatever...when they haven't experienced them - perhaps discounting their one sided opinion. Bottom line - I would look at the whole package of what each ship has to offer and itinerary and choose from that angle. Have a great cruise where ever you choose.

If everything was equal, I would always choose a larger balcony. However, everything isn't equal. Freedom is a nice ship, and a cruise on it will be very enjoyable. However, there is a lot more to do on Allure than on Freedom, and despite claims of "too big" (this is always subjective, and far more of a personal taste), larger ships will have more to do than smaller ones (not that FoS is a "small" ship with "nothing" to do).

So the question you should ask of yourself is how much time do you think you will spend on your balcony vs. the features/shows/activities that you would get on Allure that you wouldn't get on Freedom (at least the ones that you are interested in)?

Me personally, I don't choose a ship for the balcony I can get, I choose for the cruise (ship, destination, ports, departure port, etc.), and then get the best balcony I can afford (and have had the opportunity to occupy some of the nicer ones). And considering that $200 is just about noise in the cost of cruising, that price is effectively equal.

So which cruise would you be more excited to take if the balcony wasn't an issue?

Very good advice.

I can tell you that a regular ocean view balcony on Oasis was a surprisingly very nice size with plenty of elbow room. I've been on other ships on other lines where the balcony was tight/shallow. I enjoy a balcony for the quiet time as much as anyone else. But I found on Oasis that the ammenities of the ship drew me away from that balcony and got me out and about the ship. It was amazing. Oasis/Allure are unique one of a kind experiences. For as much as a cruise costs nowadays coupled with airfare, I'd make those dollars count as much as possible. A cruise on Allure gives you the most bang for the dollar. The entertainment alone beats anything that I've ever been on.

Archived