I have a suggstion for those who post on this site...

picklebongo

I didn't realize that travel agent's commissions were so large that they could discount very much lower than Carnival already is. People on here make it sound like TA's only make a few bucks per booking on a Carnival cruise.

I didn't realize that travel agent's commissions were so large that they could discount very much lower than Carnival already is. People on here make it sound like TA's only make a few bucks per booking on a Carnival cruise.

You are assuming that these deals are because the discount is coming out of the TAs commission.

We suspect, as a for instance, there is a clearing house in Europe, where the free berths for groups are passed among TAs, and almost free. Or the cruiselines sell some very very cheap berths to TAs who do very large groups.

I dont know how its done to be honest .. but I can say the discounts are much larger than any possible commission.

My 15 day cruise to Alaska is for less than $1400 total (hard to say exactly, probably much less than that), and last time I checked prices on Carnival were $1399 X 2, plus taxes and fees.

Im on Magic this Sept for much less than $800 total

I did Oasis for about $620 total for 2 people and so on.

I did 4 day Jewel OTS about a month ago for about $220 or a little less total price. (only 4 days)

I got OBC on all of the above cruises on top of the prices.

I also have some where I paid closer to retail because I really wanted them even if they were not super duper deals.

The devil is in the details.

Id also like to know how truchattycathy got her 7 day for $199 pp. Im always curious. lol .. sure wish she could tell us.

only those that believe it.

my lowest fare is already attained through my ta. have not bought into the es program yet, as we always cruise out of premium ports at premium times in premium accomodations.

Can you suggest a better reason? Oh look... I can do that too:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What about the reasons that have already been posted? Such as:

1. TA's and where you get these great deals are not allowed to be posted here. So as I posted in my first post, this topic is a moot point.

2. People just do not want to do this. There have been several reasons why they don't want to. They do not care, they cannot be bothered, and they do not want to help out the masses. Nothing wrong with any of these reasons.

And regarding #1 if someone does post a great deal , how do they tell you where and/or when TA's cannot be posted nor websites dealing with this? Do we commence with 20 Questions?

breadBox_big.jpg

:D

Some are mocking the 299.00 rates, but there have been folks who have posted that they have found deals such as these.

I mocked the $199 fare you posted. I'll make a belated contribution that will not be helpful to anyone. I booked Valor 7 nighter for Dec. a year in advance under ES at $329pp. Our DS is $179/third PAX fare bringing our average pp to $279. I added another week on Glory B2B w/Valor a a little higher rate. Your suggestion has merit but there are many factors that come into play in booking a cruise: airfare/driving, port, itinerary, time off work, etc. Anyone remotely interested in cruising can find a deal.

Archived