Warships departing Ft Lauderdale

IRL_Joanie

Does the web cam site not have videos or pictures of the warship sail away like they might do for cruise ships? :(

We posted some of the snap shots on their Face Book Page here: http://www.facebook.com/Port.Everglades.Webcam You can also contact Lou and/or Dave for the links to more, including videos via the Face Book Page:)

Joanie

We posted some of the snap shots on their Face Book Page here: http://www.facebook.com/Port.Everglades.Webcam You can also contact Lou and/or Dave for the links to more, including videos via the Face Book Page:)

Joanie

THANKS! Wonderful screen shots. :D It was very cool watching their arrivals and departures. I spent two of my twelve years active duty on a submarine (USS Finback SSN-670) from 1979-1981.

Here are a couple of youtube videos I found from last weeks arrival for Fleet Week:

USS San Jacinto (CG-56)

USS Dallas (SSN-700)

Here's a picture I took the time we docked in Naples, Italy on my first Med deployment:

finback.jpg

THANKS! Wonderful screen shots. :D It was very cool watching their arrivals and departures. I spent two of my twelve years active duty on a submarine (USS Finback SSN-670) from 1979-1981.

Here are a couple of youtube videos I found from last weeks arrival for Fleet Week:

USS San Jacinto (CG-56)

USS Dallas (SSN-700)

Here's a picture I took the time we docked in Naples, Italy on my first Med deployment:

finback.jpg

Thank you so much for hunting these down!!! Awesome to watch!! Did you notice the Thunderbirds during one of their practice runs as the USS Dallas was coming in? Beautiful videos!!

And love the photo:)

Thank you sir, for your service and my freedom!!

Joanie

Don't get me wrong as I work at a US Naval Base, but this is off-topic for our HAL discussion board. No HAL content at all. Perhaps this would be more suitable for one of the "port" discussion boards?

igraf

Thank you so much for hunting these down!!! Awesome to watch!! Did you notice the Thunderbirds during one of their practice runs as the USS Dallas was coming in? Beautiful videos!!

And love the photo:)

Thank you sir, for your service and my freedom!!

Joanie

Don't get me wrong as I work at a US Naval Base, but this is off-topic for our HAL discussion board. No HAL content at all. Perhaps this would be more suitable for one of the "port" discussion boards?

igraf

The Hosts of the Holland-America board here at Cruise Critic are gracious enough to occasionly allow off-topic non-HAL related threads. Look down Page 1 of this forum and you'll see more than just this one. A lot of the members here are more tight knit than elsewhere at Cruise Critic and occasionally like to share and chat it up a bit.

And you'll also notice that this is a much slower forum that others with less than a single page of threads in over 14 hours where others like NCL or CCL might have five or ten pages a day. If they 'moved' all threads not 100% HAL related it would be very boring here sometimes with little activity.

The hosts will see fit to move or delete this as necessary now that the event has transpired and we sincerely appreciate the latitude they give us here.

IRL_Joanie - You're welcome, it was an honor to serve. :D

It is not a matter of being gracious or patriotic (I work to rehabilitate wounded US warriors), it is a matter of maintaining the integrity of this forum. Several off-topic threads have been started lately by the OP, and these off-topic posts will ultimately dilute the purpose of this forum.

igraf

The Hosts of the Holland-America board here at Cruise Critic are gracious enough to occasionly allow off-topic non-HAL related threads. Look down Page 1 of this forum and you'll see more than just this one. A lot of the members here are more tight knit than elsewhere at Cruise Critic and occasionally like to share and chat it up a bit.

And you'll also notice that this is a much slower forum that others with less than a single page of threads in over 14 hours where others like NCL or CCL might have five or ten pages a day. If they 'moved' all threads not 100% HAL related it would be very boring here sometimes with little activity.

The hosts will see fit to move or delete this as necessary now that the event has transpired and we sincerely appreciate the latitude they give us here.

IRL_Joanie - You're welcome, it was an honor to serve. :D

It is not a matter of being gracious or patriotic (I work to rehabilitate wounded US warriors), it is a matter of maintaining the integrity of this forum. Several off-topic threads have been started lately by the OP, and these off-topic posts will ultimately dilute the purpose of this forum.

igraf

:):):)

Joanie

igraf

You have every right to hit the little red triangle and ask the moderators to review the threads you disapprove of.

They may choose to leave the thread where it is, and that is their right.

Or, you can just skip over the threads you aren't interested in.

Also this thread is related to the threads from those of us who gather to watch the ships (mainly HAL) sail into and out of various ports. Sometimes we can only get our fix with non HAL ships. And we had been commenting on those threads the Fleet Week in Port Everglades.

igraf

It has everything to do with the moderators and their gratiousness and leniency in allowing off topic posts. And I hardly think a small handful of off topic posts will 'dilute the purpose of this forum'. I could see your point if you had to scan through TEN pages of threads every day but there are barely two pages on average every day here on the Holland-America board.

And the OP (Joanie) is a MUCH respected and beloved member of this forum, whose contributions and support of fellow members is priceless. The moderators and hosts know her well.

As Ruth (another beloved and highly respected member) has indicated, you have two choices: skip over the threads you don't care for or hit the red triangle and report the thread as offensive.

Off topic post happen on EVERY forum here. Cruise Critic isn't a 1930's Boarding School that will slap your wrist with a wooden rule if stray from the headmasters laws. There is a degree of latitude that they have historically allowed and it is up to the moderators as hosts to decide when it crosses the lines.

Archived