Quickly getting to 10 cruises...?

sunlovingirl

I disagree. When you become platinum you are treated special. The room steward and MDR waiter knows your name and that platinum card means something to the ship staff whenever you have an occassion to use it. It's not just the back packs or coolers, it is the way you are viewed by the staff for your loyalty. Living in the middle of the country I attained platinum status the hard way with 7 day or longer cruises but I don't begrudge you for living close and taking advantage of the short drive to the ports. BUT, with the loyalty program due to change you need to get going.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Or maybe you've just been lucky enough to run into staff who care about a plat card....I don't find most do.

It won't matter too much anymore since Carnival is going to number of days sailed. That is supposed to happen this year. The levels will be 1-24 days; 25 - 74 days; 75 - 224 days; and 225 + days. Who knows how the perks will be redistributed.

So, judging from this, it will take less cruises to reach VIP than the current system?? Am I wrong?

Currently, 10 cruises equals VIP. Even if you take 10 3-day cruises you are at VIP at 30 days. However, under the new program, you would reach VIP after 8 3-day cruises.

If that is the case, I will stop stressing. I have my 9th Carnival cruise booked for July :)

If the program doesnt come out soon book during huricane season. You can get a 3 day for around 150 bucks.

I have a bunch, about half out of 10, of shorter cruises under my platinum status. One of them was even a 2day. On RCCL I reached Diamond with 6 cruises before they converted to the point system. They have me at 111 cruise credits, but if I started out now with the same cruises I would only have 69 credits(emerald status).

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you for all of your input and opinions... however I wasn't asked about your opinion of my plan, just suggestions for cruises that you have enjoyed in the past. I don't particularly care which port, which destination, I'm just thinking of different ways to spend 3-7 days with my DH(to be) away from the stress of our jobs.

To reply to your comments:

Yes we loved the VIP service we got with our suite. Yes, thats why we booked another suite (and we're getting married on that cruise).

We don't really care how long the cruises are, because sometimes we can't get an entire week off, but we LOVE going away for a few days and just turning the cellphones off and having someone else do the cooking for a few days...

Also, we love being on the water.

Who is to say that isn't reason enough??

But thanks again, it's very insightful what you've all outlined... ;)

I personally love the 5 day cruises out of Galveston. They seem like just the right amount of time to be away.

My TA wanted me to do a 7 day, B2B (well 2 ships) to join a party he is throwing, but I feel uncomfortable being away that long at this period in my life. My parents health is fragile and I dont like being away too long.

I personally love the 5 day cruises out of Galveston. They seem like just the right amount of time to be away.

My TA wanted me to do a 7 day, B2B (well 2 ships) to join a party he is throwing, but I feel uncomfortable being away that long at this period in my life. My parents health is fragile and I dont like being away too long.

Thank you! We were just talking about trying Galveston yesterday... I'll have to pass along your recommendations!

Thank you! We were just talking about trying Galveston yesterday... I'll have to pass along your recommendations!

I love going down the day before and getting a hotel along seawall blvd where I can wake up and see the ocean and the day before, I am out walking along the sea wall and smelling the ocean. The extra day also makes it feel like a longer vacation.

My Dad turns 94 this year and we seem to be having endless doctor visits and tests lately .. and I drive them everywhere, so we plan doctors around my cruises and visa versa .. so that we all get what we need.

I disagree. When you become platinum you are treated special. The room steward and MDR waiter knows your name and that platinum card means something to the ship staff whenever you have an occassion to use it.

I have one Carnival cruise and the waiter in the MDR knew my name and even had a slice birthday cake brought out for me. My room attendant also know my name from day one. I only use my card for a key for I don't know what else I would use it for. Priority boarding? Heck I was onboard not even 20 minutes after the Platinum folks.

I was treated great from the get go. As EVERYONE should be. Its the reason I am trying Carnival again in 8 days.

Archived