EZ Air

cruisealot54

After reading previous posts regarding Princess EZ Air we tried it on our trip last week. We were a little nervous and went back on forth on the issue until we just decided to give it a try. Princess had our boarding passes and luggage tags in our room on the last night before we left for dinner. When we arrived in San Franciso on Saturday evening our bags were waiting. It was so nice not to have to lug the suitcases through the airport.

Also, on more then one occassion when we disembarked and were leaving the luggage claim area in port we were asked by Princess reps if we had any luggage - We thought that was nice "just in case we forgot to get it" When we told them thank you, but we did EZ air we would get a thumbs up

Thanks again to other posters who have used this service and shared their experiences. It is a great way to go.

When I started researching our Mediterranean cruise, I checked every website I could to see what alternatives there were available for our flights. We needed to get to Venice to embark and then fly home from Barcelona.

Princess EZ air was over $1000 cheaper for us. Best part is the flights! We fly to Philadelphia from SF and then a nonstop to Venice. Return is similar, Nonstop to Philadelphia and then home. All on US Airways. We already have our confirmed seat assignments for all 4 legs. The process took us to the US Airways website for seat assignments.

It is my belief that the way they are doing it now may not be the same as in the past. These were booked through Virtually There.

After reading previous posts regarding Princess EZ Air we tried it on our trip last week. We were a little nervous and went back on forth on the issue until we just decided to give it a try. Princess had our boarding passes and luggage tags in our room on the last night before we left for dinner. When we arrived in San Franciso on Saturday evening our bags were waiting. It was so nice not to have to lug the suitcases through the airport.

Also, on more then one occassion when we disembarked and were leaving the luggage claim area in port we were asked by Princess reps if we had any luggage - We thought that was nice "just in case we forgot to get it" When we told them thank you, but we did EZ air we would get a thumbs up

Thanks again to other posters who have used this service and shared their experiences. It is a great way to go.

EZ Air baggage service is no longer available . It was discontinued in Feb of this year. .

I must have used the wrong term for this service - sorry for confusion.

This is the service that Princess provides for passengers on board. For $20 a person they will print up your boarding passes and luggage tages for you. Everything is delivered to your cabin the last night of the cruise. You put your luggage out that night and then you don't see it again until you reach your final destination. We used this service on Saturday so I know it is still being offered.

So the whole point of my post was to thank everyone who suggested the service. We used it, and loved it and probably would not have tried it had it not been for all of your recommendations

When I started researching our Mediterranean cruise, I checked every website I could to see what alternatives there were available for our flights. We needed to get to Venice to embark and then fly home from Barcelona.

Princess EZ air was over $1000 cheaper for us. Best part is the flights! We fly to Philadelphia from SF and then a nonstop to Venice. Return is similar, Nonstop to Philadelphia and then home. All on US Airways. We already have our confirmed seat assignments for all 4 legs. The process took us to the US Airways website for seat assignments.

It is my belief that the way they are doing it now may not be the same as in the past. These were booked through Virtually There.

I have a question about EZ Air.

We have used Princess air for many cruises. Never had to pay the air fare until the final payment.

Last year for our return on a TA, Princess had changed to EZ Air. We booked through a Travel Agent. We were required to pay for the air fare and entire cost of the cruise at the time of booking. It was the flexible air fare. Is that still the case? We are booked for the Royal Princess maiden voyage Venice to Ft. lauderdale in 9-2013.

Thanks for your input.

Shirley

We have used Princess air for many cruises. Never had to pay the air fare until the final payment.

Last year for our return on a TA, Princess had changed to EZ Air. We booked through a Travel Agent. We were required to pay for the air fare and entire cost of the cruise at the time of booking. It was the flexible air fare. Is that still the case? We are booked for the Royal Princess maiden voyage Venice to Ft. lauderdale in 9-2013.

Thanks for your input.

Shirley

Until the air is paid in full, the rate isn't guaranteed. That's the risk you take by waiting until final payment to pay for the air portion. If you book your cruise months in advance, the risk of a fare increase goes up. The TA was most likely protecting your airfare although paying for the entire cruise as well isn't required so far as I know. I don't know the in's and out's of EZ Air but I believe there are two different types you can book. One (the more expensive option) is flexible and can be changed, the other (cheaper option) is not flexible. Hopefully, someone knows a lot more about EZ Air than I do because I'd hate to give you misinformation. :(

We are using eZ air for our South American cruise in Jan. 2013. To protect our price and the non-stop flights we had to pay immediately. It also required that the cruise balance be paid at the same time. Those payments are fully refundable: cruise up to 75 days before and air up to 45 days before.

Thanks for the tip ..

I believe the original post was about the service that Princess offered where you could pay the 20 dollar fee and baggage costs and princess would give you your boarding pass and take your luggage right to the airpor at the end of your cruise. We did it once in San Juan and few years ago ( I know its no longer available in San Juan)and it was awesome. What was that called? Do they still offer it?

I believe the original post was about the service that Princess offered where you could pay the 20 dollar fee and baggage costs and princess would give you your boarding pass and take your luggage right to the airpor at the end of your cruise. We did it once in San Juan and few years ago ( I know its no longer available in San Juan)and it was awesome. What was that called? Do they still offer it?

Easycheck.

Please take notice that the details can and will vary from port to port, especially as to participating airlines.

Princess EasyCheck Luggage Valet & Airline Check-in Service

That service is called Luggage Express. It's a wonderful service for those cruises that it's offered.

Luggage Express is a service that lets you ship (like via FedEx or UPS) Luggage from your home to the ship. It needs to be done some time (like a week) before you cruise. It's a separate company from the cruise lines.

Princess Luggage Valet is a service just like Luggage Express.

EZCheck is a Princess service that will take your luggage from the ship to your airline on debarkation and check it in for you so you don't touch your luggage from the time you set it outside your cabin door until luggage claim at your destination/home airport.

EZAir is a Princess airline flight arrangement service (e.g. TA). Booking your airline flights through EZAir may be more expensive but is supposed to guarantee that Princess will pick up the cost of fares and hotels to get you to the next stop in your cruise if your flight is late and you miss embarkation.

Easycheck.

Please take notice that the details can and will vary from port to port, especially as to participating airlines.

Princess EasyCheck Luggage Valet & Airline Check-in Service

EZCheck - that's what its called - well whatever name it goes by it was great. Loved the service and so worth the $20 each. We will definatly use it again

Thanks for your input.

Shirley

We paid for the air in full at the time of the booking along with a normal deposit for the cruise. Another reason that I believe that they are using a separate TA for the air bookings, at least they did in this case. We have confirmed air booking with the airline (airline confirmation number) as well as confirmed seating. We chose the non flexible air, as we liked the flights and the cost. We booked directly through Princess by phone. We chose the seating on our computer as the Princess agent walked us through the process. I do not understand why you had to pay in full for the cruise since it is so many months away.

We paid for the air in full at the time of the booking along with a normal deposit for the cruise. Another reason that I believe that they are using a separate TA for the air bookings, at least they did in this case. We have confirmed air booking with the airline (airline confirmation number) as well as confirmed seating. We chose the non flexible air, as we liked the flights and the cost. We booked directly through Princess by phone. We chose the seating on our computer as the Princess agent walked us through the process. I do not understand why you had to pay in full for the cruise since it is so many months away.

Thanks for your response.

The cruise we had to pay in full for with the air fare was 2011, the TA from Ft. lauderdale to Copenhagen and the Baltics. We paid in full in September 2010 for the april 2011 cruise.

Our next cruise that will involve airfare (unless we find something good!) will be the Royal Maiden voyage in September 2013. So,we have a few months before the air fare is posted.

Shirley

Luggage Express is a service that lets you ship (like via FedEx or UPS) Luggage from your home to the ship. It needs to be done some time (like a week) before you cruise. It's a separate company from the cruise lines.

Princess Luggage Valet is a service just like Luggage Express.

EZCheck is a Princess service that will take your luggage from the ship to your airline on debarkation and check it in for you so you don't touch your luggage from the time you set it outside your cabin door until luggage claim at your destination/home airport.

EZAir is a Princess airline flight arrangement service (e.g. TA). Booking your airline flights through EZAir may be more expensive but is supposed to guarantee that Princess will pick up the cost of fares and hotels to get you to the next stop in your cruise if your flight is late and you miss embarkation.

Thank you very much for putting all of this into simple explanations. I did check to see if EZCheck is available in Vancouver. The Princess agent said that it is not available outside the states. Therefore, I can not use it when I leave Vancouver. It is a great service.

Renee

Archived