OFFICIAL "Team Sunshine" in NOLA - Jan 5, 2014 ~ Are YOU Ready For A Little Sunshine?

You need to step it up MR!!

Na.....I actually am 5 or 10 minutes from being packed but will finish up tonight...I realize now why I wait so long because when I'm packed I want to leave asap.....it's so boring to be packed and can't leave yet.:(:eek::D

IT'S HERE!!!...........NO more Saturdays til

" Team :)Sunshine:)!" sails the Eastern Caribbean From NOLA!!!

"Sailing The Eastern Caribbean Is Fine ~ Aboard The Brand New Carnival :)Sunshine:)!"

Sail with us from New Orleans and spend a day or two there to get the party started NOLA style.

PRINCING & BOOKING INFO >http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=267

Book NOW!!!...(prices may vary due to group space running out but you can still book within the group)...Early Saver is not cheaper than our prices if you do the math.....ask me about it.......or you can still book early saver thru our group without the OBC or cocktail party.

Itinerary Details

• Day......................................Port..... ....................... Arrive.....................Depart
  • Sunday - Jan 5............ New Orleans, LA................................................ ........4:00PM
  • Monday - Jan 6............Fun Day at Sea
  • Tuesday - Jan 7...........Key West, FL........................... ..8:00AM.....................4:00PM
  • Wednesday - Jan 8......Freeport, the Bahamas.............. ....8:00AM....................5:00PM
  • Thursday - Jan 9.........Nassau, the Bahamas.....................7:00AM................ ....5:00PM
  • Friday - Jan 10.............Fun Day at Sea
  • Saturday - Jan 11.........Fun Day at Sea
  • Sunday - Jan 12............New Orleans, LA...................... ....8:00AM

Team :)Sunshine:) List

1-Host Randy - 2 - Randy & Carnival - BOOKED!

2-sarapdot and HappyBuffyT - 2 - Sara and Buffy - BOOKED!

3-enjoyinglife - 2 - Gwyn and Harry - BOOKED!

4-Miles and Grant -2 -BOOKED!

5-uniondiva - 2 - Renaye and Richard- BOOKED!

6-Cayla and Camerson - 2 -BOOKED!

7-starr_sun - 2 - Tricee and Micky - BOOKED!

(no screen name) - 2 -Kayleigh and Matt- BOOKED!

lizziez00 - 2 - Elisabeth and Butch - BOOKED!

Ardo09203 - 2 - Mike and Channon -BOOKED!

taylorsays - 2 - Taylor and Erik -BOOKED!

(no screen name) - 2 - Miriam and Bob - BOOKED!

BigEasyCC - 2 - Carol and Don -BOOKED!

Melanie and daughter - 2 - -BOOKED!

njsbrown - 2 - Nance and Kate - BOOKED!

travln isa - 10 - Ingrid and ??????? - BOOKED!

themnms - 2 - Mel and Melissa - BOOKED!

SunSandWaterLover - 10 - BOOKED!

Amerz_5 - 4 - Amy& Patrick, Amy & Jimmy BOOKED!

Cruisers2000 - 4 - Don, Toni, ? ? - BOOKED!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great cruise and enjoyed meeting all of u!

Missed u last night at the table Randy and Carmen. I did have a question though... I thought I would be getting a gift from the TA and haven't received anything. In the past when I booked with a non-carnival company, I did. Did I miss it?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I had a great cruise and enjoyed meeting all of u!

Missed u last night at the table Randy and Carmen. I did have a question though... I thought I would be getting a gift from the TA and haven't received anything. In the past when I booked with a non-carnival company, I did. Did I miss it?

No gift this time...sometimes in the past there were gifts....What we got was the $50 OBC that they were required now to mail to us (and I got mine) but we were also to have a 1 hour shared cocktail party that I was told would be sent to our cabin in a note and I never got so I am contacting the TA now...........If anyone else didn't receive, then let me know.

No gift this time...sometimes in the past there were gifts....What we got was the $50 OBC that they were required now to mail to us (and I got mine) but we were also to have a 1 hour shared cocktail party that I was told would be sent to our cabin in a note and I never got so I am contacting the TA now...........If anyone else didn't receive, then let me know.

Randy I only got a $25 credit and no cocktail info :(

Hey Girl....It's $50 OBC for the 7 cabins in our group at the top of the list and for those 14 people there will be a shared cocktail party.....I'll find out when and where...Also, I have 14 lanyards to give out....other than that, there is nothing planned "Officially" as this "group" only has 7 cabins and it takes 8 to make it a complete group.We're one short :(

I bet there is more planned with everyone on the place that can't be named...I was hoping YOU could fill me in since I don't visit there anymore. ;):D:p

Randy, we never got our lanyards either. I think that was the gift that Gwyn was referring to.

Edited by starr_sun

1. Some people were not elgible for the OBC as to how they booked thru the group.......maybe some booked early saver or another way that was outside the group rate that qualified for the OBC....Each person will have to email and/or call Crucon to get clarification.

2. They are checking with Carnival as to why there was no notification to the shared cocktail party for those that qualified.

3. Dummy me forgot to pack the 14 lanyards to give out but will be glad to mail them to each one of you if you will email me at build17@aol.com and give me your mailing address. :o sorry :eek:

I am just going to voice my opinion about CRUCON....they are the worst travel agency I have ever had the horrible pleasure of using. So I booked this cruise through them and I choose the Early Saver rate, at the time Johna told me that I would not get the OBC because I was not officially part of the "GROUP BOOKING" but I could still get the Early Saver discounts. After August CRUCON did not have enough cabins to full-fill Carnival's 8 cabins minimum rule, and CRUCON decided to officially put my cabin as part of the "GROUP BOOKING" eventhough I did not agree to it. Now I was not able to get my Early Saver discounts and on top of that I am not able to get the $50 OBC because eventhough I am part of the group....I am not.

Tricee I also booked ES rate and was told I could not get the party or credit which I was ok with. my rate never lowered probably because there r hardly any cabins in the cat I booked. I called crucon later to ask if I could switch to the "official" group and was told "no" I could not. The agent was no longer Johnna. Now I have to wonder if they would have switched me without notifying me? Because then I would be wanting my party and credit.

PS I know others who weren't very pleased with Crucon.

I am pretty teeded off with them. If I was officially part of the group then they owe me a $50 OBC. If not they owe me $80 difference for a drop in my rate as per normal early saver procedure. They want to give me nothing!

I surely can't blame u for being teed off!

Tricee, I booked as part of the group from the beginning. I did not get the $50OBC either. They told me the credit was only for $25 and they would mail me a check. This is my second go around with Crucon and I refuse to use them again as well.

Lesson learned I suppose

Randy,

I have a question. I have to wonder - how many cabins were sold with the official group? I know a minimum of 8 needs to be sold in order to make a official group.

Was my cabin moved over to the group without my permission? Cause if so, I booked two cabins that I should also get the obc for.

Sara, I have learned also. I feel like I do better when I book directly with carnival like I did for over half my cruises. That way, I am in control of my booking.

Having said that, I did book another group for my Alaska cruise, but with a friend as the TA.

Sara, I have learned also. I feel like I do better when I book directly with carnival like I did for over half my cruises. That way, I am in control of my booking.

Having said that, I did book another group for my Alaska cruise, but with a friend as the TA.

Yes I prefer to book myself directly through Carnival. I have control issues. :p

The problem with the groups are the Early Saver Rate has killed them.....but even before that, there would always be a few that would try to book direct and to save when "most" of the time they would NOT save if you did the math......Then they would bitch and complain that they didn't get the OBC...I would then explain to them how they went outside of the "group price" and was not eligible.

I agree the early saver rate would get real close sometimes but not over all save when you counted ALL the credits, etc...HOWEVER, in the last year or so the early saver rate was a hair better by a few dollars and some choose that on this cruise....BUT...that didn't include any group amenities.

Crucon has informed me that, even though it was a Carnival Reps mistake, that Crucon would send me a courtesy check for the cost of a 1 hour cocktail party for everyone that qualified for the amenity...WHEN and IF they send the money to me, I will cut a check to each one "qualified" if you email me you name and address at build17@aol.com

Sara, it seems they should have sent $25 to you and $25 to Buffy......Carmen and I got $50...it was $50 per cabin but you will have to fight them for that since it wasn't a complete group, that each person paid separately, and they really owe us nothing anyway....nor does Carnival owe us anything....Hope this helps explain.

Also, if anyone doesn't like Crucon, then simply don't use them again.

• 1 year later...