OFFICIAL "Team Sunshine" in NOLA - Jan 5, 2014 ~ Are YOU Ready For A Little Sunshine?

Welcome. I always like to have a first time cruiser with me to see their eyes / response.

It is usually chilly in the dinning room, but occasionally it may not be. I would plan on layering in there - for example if I have sleeveless cloths for the dinning room, I bring a wrap or shawl in case I need it.

During the day time, I tend to spend most of my time inside and sometimes need a light long sleeve but it is usually manageable without it during the day.

This is January and if we were going to Cozumel Jamaica, etc, I would say plan on it being cooler till we get up the next morning then the temps should be higher. It gets breezy on the top decks outside so may be slightly cooler if in the breeze. Since we are going to the Bahamas it will probably be similar to coz / Jamaica / etc.

Plan on layers but it never will get cold like in the north. But let me rephrase, in New Orleans the temp is usually not as cold as in the north in January there is always a first time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you so much! I'm almost always cold so I'm thinking layers will be perfect. And the wrap/shawl idea is great! :)

You r welcome. Where will u be coming from? Have any other questions? I don't get on here frequently but for the next hour or two, I am bored and would love to talk cruises! In fact it may prevent me from sleeping! Lol

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Just *10* more Saturdays til

" Team :)Sunshine:)!" sails the Eastern Caribbean From NOLA!!!

"Sailing The Eastern Caribbean Is Fine ~ Aboard The Brand New Carnival :)Sunshine:)!"

Sail with us from New Orleans and spend a day or two there to get the party started NOLA style.

PRINCING & BOOKING INFO >http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=267

Book NOW!!!...(prices may vary due to group space running out but you can still book within the group)...Early Saver is not cheaper than our prices if you do the math.....ask me about it.......or you can still book early saver thru our group without the OBC or cocktail party.

Itinerary Details

• Day......................................Port..... ....................... Arrive.....................Depart
  • Sunday - Jan 5............ New Orleans, LA................................................ ........4:00PM
  • Monday - Jan 6............Fun Day at Sea
  • Tuesday - Jan 7...........Key West, FL........................... ..8:00AM.....................4:00PM
  • Wednesday - Jan 8......Freeport, the Bahandy amas.............. ....8:00AM....................5:00PM
  • Thursday - Jan 9.........Nassau, the Bahamas.....................7:00AM................ ....5:00PM
  • Friday - Jan 10.............Fun Day at Sea
  • Saturday - Jan 11.........Fun Day at Sea
  • Sunday - Jan 12............New Orleans, LA...................... ....8:00AM

Team :)Sunshine:) List

1-Host Randy - 2 - Randy & Carmen - BOOKED!

2-sarapdot and HappyBuffyT - 2 - Sara and Buffy - BOOKED!

3-enjoyinglife - 2 - Gwyn and Harry - BOOKED!

4-Miles and Grant -2 - BOOKED!

5-uniondiva - 2 - Renaye and Richard- BOOKED!

6-Cayla and Camerson - 2 - BOOKED!

7-starr_sun - 2 - Tricee and Micky - BOOKED!

(no screen name) - 2 -Kayleigh and Matt- BOOKED!

lizziez00 - 2 - Elisabeth and Butch - BOOKED!

Ardo09203 - 2 - Mike and Channon - BOOKED!

taylorsays - 2 - Taylor and Erik - BOOKED!

(no screen name) - 2 - Miriam and Bob - BOOKED!

BigEasyCC - 2 - Carol and Don - BOOKED!

Melanie and daughter - 2 - - BOOKED!

njsbrown - 2 - Nance and Kate - BOOKED!

travln isa - 10 - Ingrid and ??????? - BOOKED!

themnms - 2 - Mel and Melissa - BOOKED!

SunSandWaterLover - 10 - BOOKED!

Edited by Host Randy

I thought of another question...do you know of reasonably priced hotels near the port in New Orleans

We are booked at the Embassy Suites. It's $170 for the night. I believe we have a group booking there.

So what is everyone doing in port??

Well....I just switched us to the Hilton Riverside. I got a great deal and I'm all about saving some money. N.O. seems to be quite expensive.

That's cool...that's where we're staying.....I've stayed there many times and love it.....PLUS.....wait for it......There's a STARBUCKS in the lobby!!!:D

Well....I just switched us to the Hilton Riverside. I got a great deal and I'm all about saving some money. N.O. seems to be quite expensive.

havent recieved notifications in a while so I thought i would check the roll call

Sarapdot, what kind of rate did you get. we have $139 and 149 for the embassy suites

Just *9* more Saturdays til

" Team :)Sunshine:)!" sails the Eastern Caribbean From NOLA!!!

"Sailing The Eastern Caribbean Is Fine ~ Aboard The Brand New Carnival :)Sunshine:)!"

Sail with us from New Orleans and spend a day or two there to get the party started NOLA style.

PRINCING & BOOKING INFO >http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=267

Book NOW!!!...(prices may vary due to group space running out but you can still book within the group)...Early Saver is not cheaper than our prices if you do the math.....ask me about it.......or you can still book early saver thru our group without the OBC or cocktail party.

Itinerary Details

• Day......................................Port..... ....................... Arrive.....................Depart
  • Sunday - Jan 5............ New Orleans, LA................................................ ........4:00PM
  • Monday - Jan 6............Fun Day at Sea
  • Tuesday - Jan 7...........Key West, FL........................... ..8:00AM.....................4:00PM
  • Wednesday - Jan 8......Freeport, the Bahandy amas.............. ....8:00AM....................5:00PM
  • Thursday - Jan 9.........Nassau, the Bahamas.....................7:00AM................ ....5:00PM
  • Friday - Jan 10.............Fun Day at Sea
  • Saturday - Jan 11.........Fun Day at Sea
  • Sunday - Jan 12............New Orleans, LA...................... ....8:00AM

Team :)Sunshine:) List

1-Host Randy - 2 - Randy & Carmen - BOOKED!

2-sarapdot and HappyBuffyT - 2 - Sara and Buffy - BOOKED!

3-enjoyinglife - 2 - Gwyn and Harry - BOOKED!

4-Miles and Grant -2 -BOOKED!

5-uniondiva - 2 - Renaye and Richard- BOOKED!

6-Cayla and Camerson - 2 -BOOKED!

7-starr_sun - 2 - Tricee and Micky - BOOKED!

(no screen name) - 2 -Kayleigh and Matt- BOOKED!

lizziez00 - 2 - Elisabeth and Butch - BOOKED!

Ardo09203 - 2 - Mike and Channon -BOOKED!

taylorsays - 2 - Taylor and Erik -BOOKED!

(no screen name) - 2 - Miriam and Bob - BOOKED!

BigEasyCC - 2 - Carol and Don -BOOKED!

Melanie and daughter - 2 - -BOOKED!

njsbrown - 2 - Nance and Kate - BOOKED!

travln isa - 10 - Ingrid and ??????? - BOOKED!

themnms - 2 - Mel and Melissa - BOOKED!

SunSandWaterLover - 10 - BOOKED!

Sweet deal....Mine was a little more but I secured it a long time ago and WORTH it!!!....Since you are at our hotel I GUESS I will have to SPEAK to you!:rolleyes::p:D

YES you will!!! And I will have a car if you need something!! ;)

Good for YOU!!!

i still see some low rates and the Hilton and Doubletree. We will stay at ES since it includes evening cocktails and morning breakfast... 4 of us sharing a room so it ends up about the $$$

Thx! I understand that. It's just me and my friend and we pretty much just do starbucks for breakfast. :p

what are your top 3?

Well my roomie and I have different priorities lol. Cafe Dumond for sure. I would like to stop by Margaritaville at least to get my souvenir glass. Acme oyster bar has been mentioned along with several other places that I know nothing about. I've never been to NO so don't know the "good" places.

Well my roomie and I have different priorities lol. Cafe Dumond for sure. I would like to stop by Margaritaville at least to get my souvenir glass. Acme oyster bar has been mentioned along with several other places that I know nothing about. I've never been to NO so don't know the "good" places.

I have been to Louisanna many times, but this will be my 1st time to hang out in NOLA. not sure what we will do... but you are right about Cafe Dumond, a definite must do!

Cafe dumonde is the one I am waiting for, but may have to miss! If u like oysters, (I don't) the acme is something my cruise friend from Shreveport gravitates to. Never really heard of margarettaville in Nola, but pat o Brian's is pretty famous!

My son will check to see if the New Orleans pelicans will have a basket ball game on the 4th so they can go to. If not, we may go to the French market on Saturday at cafe dumonde because he just notified me that we have never taken him there. (Open 24 hours a day). We may go to see the cathedral and even attend mass there but I am not sure yet. If going to Nola for ur first time, u may want to walk on bourdon street. I remember one place called the cats meow that was interesting.