Transfering a Passages Certificate to another booking

Has anyone tried to change a certificate from Celebrity to RCCL or the other way. They told us on board we could do it but I have also heard otherwise.

STLCruisin-we also are from St. Charles-live close to Highway 70 and Zumbehl.

Sue :)

The Certificate clearly states it's non-refundable. But having said that, f you do an onboard booking (you name the ship, sailing date, etc.) and have to cancel that down the road, the deposit is refundable. If you simply purchase a future cruise certificate (ship and sailing to be named later), the certificate itself is not refundable. In other words, you can't call Celebrity and say I don't want this certificate anymore, please refund my deposit. But if you eventually book a cruise using that certificate and then subsequently cancel, if you opt not to move that reservation number to another sailing, you will get your deposit back.

Hope that clears things up.

Jo-Ann

Well, sorry, but that wasn't my friends' experience. They were told by Celebrity that since they cancelled their cruise, the deposit (from the Open Passages Certificate) was forfeited.

Has anyone tried to change a certificate from Celebrity to RCCL or the other way. They told us on board we could do it but I have also heard otherwise.

STLCruisin-we also are from St. Charles-live close to Highway 70 and Zumbehl.

Sue :)

It's my understanding that the two certificates are not interchangeable. They even have different names. Unfortunately some of the FCCs who work on the ship don't get their facts straight.

The problem with the good folks at Celebrity is you can talk to 10 different representitives from various departments and get 10 different answers.

Happy Cruiser - Too bad your friends' TA wasn't persistent because the deposit was refundable.

Sue - we live very close to you....we are off of Harvester and Rt. 94

Well, sorry, but that wasn't my friends' experience. They were told by Celebrity that since they cancelled their cruise, the deposit (from the Open Passages Certificate) was forfeited.

It's really ashame that happened to your friends. As I mentioned in my earlier post, a scenario where you ultimately cancel a cruise that you used a cruise certificate for, it is refundable. Your friend's TA or if they were dealing with Celebrity themselves, dropped the ball.

The certificates between RCI and Celebrity are not interchangeable. A friend of mine was told when she purchased hers onboard that they are, but as happens many times, she was given incorrect information. She purchased it onboard RCI and wanted to use it for Celebrity. Fortunately, I was cruising on Celebrity a couple of weeks later, so I purchased a certificate for her.

Jo-Ann

Archived