How late can you go in for dinner?

artvlay

We will be in Paris on a Celebrity bus tour. The bus won't get us back to the ship until about 6-6:30. So by the time we get to our cabin and wash up and get dressed it won't be until 7pm, We have early seating, can we go to anytime seating for that night or do we have to go to the buffet?

As I recall, you can go 30 minutes past your assigned time. Generally you cannot go to Select one a one-time basis. There have been occasions where the entire dining room goes to Open Seating but you won't know until on board if there are enough passengers signed up for late excursions to warrant it. You can always order the MDR menu as room service that night and not have to worry about getting showered and changed. Otherwise there is the Buffet or Bistro on Five which might be a very good option

We were in Juneau quite late and many of the excursions from there ran late as well. This was a few years back and on the Mercury, so I have no idea if it would apply to the newer ships in Europe.... but what they did on that cruise was to have a special fisherman's buffet in the evening... much more food and variety than they usually offer in the buffet area at night.

We did not have a late excursion so we ate at our regular table in the MDR. However the rest of our party was whale watching so they did indeed dine at the special buffet. Maybe others who have done late stops in Europe could tell us if this is common there.

Also if you are not going to attend dinner the next night, do let your tablemates and the maitre-d know, that way the whole table won't be sitting there waiting for your arrival only to have you not show up :-) Likely that most of the ship will be off galavanting anyway, but you want to be safe either way.

We were in Juneau quite late and many of the excursions from there ran late as well. This was a few years back and on the Mercury, so I have no idea if it would apply to the newer ships in Europe.... but what they did on that cruise was to have a special fisherman's buffet in the evening... much more food and variety than they usually offer in the buffet area at night.

We did not have a late excursion so we ate at our regular table in the MDR. However the rest of our party was whale watching so they did indeed dine at the special buffet. Maybe others who have done late stops in Europe could tell us if this is common there.

Hi, CENTURY has pretty much the same timings in Juneau that MERCURY had...and they stll do that. We're in Juneau this July till 20;30 and were told the dining room goes '' open'' AND the buffet is bulked up to accomodate guests whose excursions get back ~~ 19;30// 19;45hr.

I'd still check with the Maitre D'H however as regards MDR; the bulked up buffet I trust 100%.

Cheers

Archived