Freedom Mini-Bars

I have read online and been told that the Freedom has mini-bars in all rooms, but no one can tell me exactly what a "mini-bar" means specifically. Is it just the standard Carnival selection of cokes and water, or is it a true mini-fridge stocked with beer, wine, snacks, ect.......

I was told that I could ask the room stewerd to lock it (17 & 18 YO boys in room....), but if it's a just an empty fridge, it would be fine.

Any one know any specifics?? Thanks!

I have read online and been told that the Freedom has mini-bars in all rooms, but no one can tell me exactly what a "mini-bar" means specifically. Is it just the standard Carnival selection of cokes and water, or is it a true mini-fridge stocked with beer, wine, snacks, ect.......

I was told that I could ask the room stewerd to lock it (17 & 18 YO boys in room....), but if it's a just an empty fridge, it would be fine.

Any one know any specifics?? Thanks!

The mini-bar is a small refrigerator built into a cabinet. It will be locked when you board the ship and the cabin steward will ask you if you want it unlocked or not.

You will find two or three cans of soda, a small bottle of wine, some airline sized liquor bottles, if I remember correctly a can of V8, a small can of Pringles, possibly some nuts, etc.

They are more coolers than an actual fridge. They are like the ones kids take to dorms or you might find in an office. They really don't keep things that cold.

Your cabin steward will take the stuff out if you ask them in most cases. If you just don't want your boys to use any of it, just tell the steward to keep it locked.

The mini-bar is a small refrigerator built into a cabinet. It will be locked when you board the ship and the cabin steward will ask you if you want it unlocked or not.

You will find two or three cans of soda, a small bottle of wine, some airline sized liquor bottles, if I remember correctly a can of V8, a small can of Pringles, possibly some nuts, etc.

They are more coolers than an actual fridge. They are like the ones kids take to dorms or you might find in an office. They really don't keep things that cold.

Your cabin steward will take the stuff out if you ask them in most cases. If you just don't want your boys to use any of it, just tell the steward to keep it locked.

Thanks!!!! That's exactly what I was lokking for!!! I will def. ask the stewerd to take out the alcohol - pringles and nuts are fine!! Thanks again!!!

we just went.. the fridge held soft drinks and booze and was not locked when we entered the room.

Before my cruise many people on CC said to ask the steward to take the booze out. It was our 1st cruise, so we did, and he was like, "you can just put it on the shelf" yourself. I wish I had known that was possible, I thought we had to have the steward do it.. live and learn.

Bottom line, don't bother asking the steward to take the stuff out, just take it out and put it on the shelf next to the fridge and just let the steward know you moved it.

I don't know if the teens have their own cabin or not but if they do, make sure you check to see if the mini bar is locked or have the steward remove the alcohol. Ours was not locked when we boarded the Freedom in February.

On the Valor last year ours was not locked when we arrived and did not have any snacks in it, only beverages. There was still plenty of room to put our carry-on sodas in it & it was plenty cold enough to keep them chilled! :)

I just got off the Freedom today and the mini bar was not locked when we entered the room last Saturday. I asked the cabin steward to take everything out because we bought water and soft drinks with us and I wanted to put them in there - he said no problem and within minutes it was emptied.

I have a question. I've also noticed that the refrigerators are more like "chillers." We have a friend who will be cruising with us in January who needs to have her medicine refrigerated. What do they do in that case?

Ours wasn't locked on the freedom. We didn't remove anything from it (didn't think of it, honestly). We didn't use anything but used it to keep our sodas and bottled waters cold; it worked well for that. As far as the kids go I would ask the steward to remove the items. That way if they have anything the want to keep cold, they can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question. I've also noticed that the refrigerators are more like "chillers." We have a friend who will be cruising with us in January who needs to have her medicine refrigerated. What do they do in that case?

We just got off the Spirit, and the mini-frig was locked when we got there. We asked the steward to empty it for us and he said we could do it ourselves, so we did. As you said, the frig didn't keep things very cold, but at least it was colder than room temperature. For the friend who needs medications to be refrigerated, she should contact the department Carnival has set up for people with disabilities. My understanding is that medications can be stored in the Medical Center or Guest Services but your friend should check it out ahead of time. There is no temperature control on the frig in the room so no way to keep it at any certain temperature. Nancy

On the Glory a few years ago, ours was locked when we boarded, but the one in my mom's cabin was not. The steward told me they lock the fridge if there's a minor in the room (DD was 3), but he could unlock it for us if we wanted.

Since then, we've sailed 4 other ships and always encountered the same scenario: our fridge would be locked, but my mom's would be unlocked.

Archived