How does the Majesty look?

We are thinking of sailing on the Majesty in September for a four day as we love this ship and the Key West stop. Have not been on her for almost 5 years and was wondering how she is holding up and what benefits Emerald members receive on her. Also wondering if a Jr. Suite is worth the cost on this sailing. Any information anyone might have would be welcome.:)

I just got off of her last month. My 3rd time on her and she still looked great, actually looked really great. For me, I would not spend too much on a cabin since i am not in it. Id rather spend the money on excursions. But if you dont like ports, excursions and time off the ship then if you can get a good deal i say go for it.

Now, ive always wanted to try a balcony but cant afford it. And if i did id probably spend more time in the cabin and miss what i like most, the ports. Good luck and good sailing.

If the JS is considerably more, I wouldn't bother on this ship--it's not that huge of an upgrade unless you MUST have a balcony or a bathtub. Do at least get the superior OV, which is worth the upgrade cost over one of the tiny regular OVs. We've been on this ship quite a few times and only went for the JS when the price difference was much less than the usual 70-100% more than the superior OV.

Les

I was just off her this past week...ship looks fantastic and hard to believe she is 20+ years old. I was worried that I wouldn't appreciate her after being on larger ships, but had a wonderful time...in the grand scheme of things these are still large ships!

The 4-day is very port intensive, so I don't think the JS would be worth it...definately go for a Superior OV though!

Thank you so much for all the information. Looking forward to being aboard again soon. Superior OV here I come.:)

The Superior OV is a good choice but also keep an eye on the JS in case the price drops. We booked a JS last time and the price between the two weren't dramatically different at one point. We have a Superior OV room booked this time and have stayed in it before.

They do a wonderful job maintaining the Majesty as well.

Have fun! :)

Keep in mind that you'll receive 8 Crown & Anchor points intead of 4 if you book the JS. That might make a difference to you if you're getting close to Diamond.

I was just off her this past week...ship looks fantastic and hard to believe she is 20+ years old. I was worried that I wouldn't appreciate her after being on larger ships, but had a wonderful time...in the grand scheme of things these are still large ships!

The 4-day is very port intensive, so I don't think the JS would be worth it...definately go for a Superior OV though!

Who was the cruise director? And how did you liike him??? Thanks.

Archived