Need Suggestions for Inside Cabin!

Every inside I have had on RCI, has had the curtains. They are sort of tucked back, on one side the hook is almost behind the TV, on the other almost behind the sofa.

The only room we had that had a "working" curtain was the Balcony room on the Adventure. The other rooms, insides, oceanviews, and PR's had what appeared to be a curtain until you tried to close it. It doesn't move at all, and it just there for looks as far as I can tell.

Bobbie

I think that my dd and her boyfriend could share an inside. We get along great and I think that it would be fun. A balcony would be better but still have some of the problems that have been brought up.

The only room we had that had a "working" curtain was the Balcony room on the Adventure. The other rooms, insides, oceanviews, and PR's had what appeared to be a curtain until you tried to close it. It doesn't move at all, and it just there for looks as far as I can tell.

Bobbie

Same iver here, only room with a real curtain was GS on the Jewel. All other rooms just like you described it. I would call it a fake curtain.

I swear, I have used the curtains on the Radiance, the Legend, and the Explorer, which encompasses 3 different classes of ships.

I am NOT going insane, I just keep telling myself that I'm NOT going insane... ;)

Our Explorer inside cabin had a curtain in it. We would use it if I were laying in bed when roomservice showed up with our iced tea. However there really is not much space to dress behind the curtain as it actually touches the foot of the bed. Plus the bed is barely 1 foot from the wall on either side.

I swear, I have used the curtains on the Radiance, the Legend, and the Explorer, which encompasses 3 different classes of ships.

I am NOT going insane, I just keep telling myself that I'm NOT going insane... ;)

No you are not insane....LOL

I am sure all ships are different. All three ships you mentioned are not ones I have sailed :)

Bobbie

We did an inside cabin on the Majesty with our two kids (college-aged at the time) - boy and girl. It is tight, very tight, but doable - just just have to go with the flow. The guys did shower at the spa several times, which was a big help. We had pullman beds for the "kids." The one thing we picked up in the first port was a flashlight - just in case anyone needed the bathroom during the night, etc. - too easy to trip over shoes, clothes, etc. We kept the flashlight right on the TV so we all knew where it was.

You will be fine - we have since graduated to balcony cabins - kids are married and cruised on honeymoon - but can still laugh about our "week together."

I am going to try to upgrade, spoke to my TA and unless we want a $1900 suite (per person) we are out of luck at the moment. Will see what happens after the final payments are due. You just never know! I think that having drinks and working out will be a great way for my BF to get out of the room while mom and I get ready! It really doesn't take us all that long. 45 minutes tops, and I am usually done in 30!

Thanks for all the advice!

Stick with the inside room. No matter which cabin you are in it will be tight we 3 people. Save your money and let your boyfriend hang out at the pool bar while you and your mom are getting ready. If your boyfriend is anything like me he'll view this as a fantastic idea!! :D

For the record, I really really like my mother-in-law (have to say really a couple of times to make sure) and there is abosolutely NO way I'd be stuck in a cabin with her for a week.

Archived