carnival suite for newbie

mr.jdm

we are trying to plan our next cruise, have been looking to try carnival cruise. we normally sail rci and princess.

does anyone know if carnival suite rooms have private jacuzzi/hot tub in the balcony? if so which category and which ships has them

i know HAL and RCI have their own private hot tub in the balcony.

thanks in advance

No suite on Carnival offer a private hot tub, sorry. The largest suite will be the captains suite on some ships (2 available all the way forward) followed by the Grand suite on all ships.

we are trying to plan our next cruise, have been looking to try carnival cruise. we normally sail rci and princess.

does anyone know if carnival suite rooms have private jacuzzi/hot tub in the balcony? if so which category and which ships has them

i know HAL and RCI have their own private hot tub in the balcony.

thanks in advance

Please note: carnival suites perks are nothing especially when comparing to the other cruiseline.

BUT carnival balcony cabins are bigger then the princess and feature a sofa (where on princess you need to book a mini suite to get the sofa.

Carnival suites have jetted bathtubs- I would not put it in the same category as a jacuzzi. and not private hot tub on the balconies

well thank you for everyone's reply. i guess i got sucked in when i was goggle'ng pictures online.

http://www.shipouts.com/attachments/Image/Carnival2.jpg

found this, but after more research its actually a HAL ship.

we are looking at the valor or freedom for august. and price seems not to far from balcony to suite. just hoping to find a nice size balcony with loungers. :)

well thank you for everyone's reply. i guess i got sucked in when i was goggle'ng pictures online.

we are looking at the valor or freedom for august. and price seems not to far from balcony to suite. just hoping to find a nice size balcony with loungers. :)

the only balcony that will allow lounge chairs are the corner afts.

google: carnival aft balcony there are tons out there.

• 2 weeks later...

We had aft extended balcony cabin (category 8M) on Freedom last week and we had a lounger and two chairs on the balcony. Suite balconies will be wider, not necessarily deeper, but will have loungers.

An OS cabin on Freedom/Valor is about 1.5x regular cabin width, and the GS is 2x cabin.

That does look fabulous but unfortunately my budget does not extend to the price of a suite on Hal. :(

Also note that a full suite on Carnival does not include complimentary minibar set up or other "suite perks" like it does on some of the cruise lines. Suites are much cheaper on Carnival for a reason but quite frankly I can buy a heck of a lot of alcohol with the difference in price between Princess suite price and Carnival suite price. I find Balconys on Carnival to be quite roomy and comfortable and quite a value for the price.

We had a suite on the Valor 2 summers ago. The best part about it was the fact the whole family could actually board with us in the VIP line. I did love the dressing area and bathroom, but other than that we thought the actual room was super small. It was cramped when the 6 of us were in there while planning our daily activities etc.

Archived