Question about music on Eclipse

cruise kipie

Well the music was an issue on TA on baord Silhouette a few days ago. I never , ever heard so many complains about that fact on board. Some went to QR to complain. There is music in the ocean view cafe- not loud but 14 days all around the clock the same songs in random play. There is not need for music there at all. Some evenings the Martini Bar was avoided from our group due to the blarring music.

Nothing against the live entertainment in the Foyer- very nice indeed, something for everyone I suppose. The claissic quartet always a pleasure to hear- but when in Cafe all Bacio- my most favorite place, as soon as the Classic Quartet was done the backgournd music set in in full force. I would say a quite place would be Michael´s Club- the Hideaway or Solstice Deck ( noise possible from Pool Deck though) Michael´s is a bit laid back and was totaly underused, always emphty when we walked by.

Michael

When we cruised on Silho on April 10th (Carib)--the loud music was not as bad as anticipated...

There had been alot of complaining before our trip & we had a large Cruise critic group so maybe they toned it down a bit... there are places at the Martini bar where it is quieter but at times we could hear it all over the open area.. opposite the martini bar..they did lower it when a group played on the lower level... The pre-recorded tapes did not have the worst of selections but they repeated it over & over... they need more variety--esp. on a longer cruise...

Music on bd was generally very poor (as usual recently)--the violin & piano duo out of tune, guitar player just OK. The party band was awful (& way too loud for the foyer area), jazz group Ok No piano man/woman ....Best on Bd were the reggae duo Big Vibe & the DJ who was lonely in Quasar most times...what a shame! Big Vibe played alot and we followed them to various venues around the ship.. (maybe the groups have changed at this point b/c our trip was before the transatlantic when many of the staff changes)

The Celebrity Orchestra was really mostly a jazz type band --did not see any strings at all... & they also were not very good...we left one show--the singer supposeldy from Les Mis was miserable!!!

Worst noise for us was at the outdoor pool--they started early in the a.m. with very loud music (same pre-recoded tape) & very loud "sit & be fit"---nice when you are trying to read! I complained & was told--"the pool area will be loud! " We retreated to the indoor pool & enjoyed the outdoor pool on a port day when everything was quiet & calm...it was great!!

Only music in a dining room should be a classical quartet or harpist on formal night & soft background music...Luckily we ate in BLU --so not too bad.

.We love Celebrity & the poor music is the only part we dislike so we work around it!

We have just returned from the Norwegian trip on Eclipse, and at times the music was deafening in the foyer and Sky lounge. The afternoon of the Captains Club Celebration, the Sky Lounge was crowded and it was difficult to find a seat. After the Captain had made his speech, the band started up, and it was deafening, we, with several others made a quick exit. I did fill in a 'Action' form, when I handed it in at Guest Relations, got a verbal 'sorry' and heard no more.

Chatting at the following 'Social' hours, apparently others had also complained.

Richard

on the last few cruises we were on on eclipse they played really loud music in the main foyer which travelled up the levels to the library where i wanted to go of an evening to relax and unwind. it was very off-putting and drove me from what i had hoped would be a mini sanctuary. i myself am in the younger demographic of cruisers, in my thirties, and chose X for its relaxing atmopshere, this hadnt been a problem on solstice when we sailed on her

We are booked for a 14 day Carib Cruise on Eclipse next March-- hope they tone it down by then...someone really has the wrong idea .....loud music does not improve poor quality.

Archived