Question about Final Payment

gymjudge55

My TA called and told me final payment was due tomorrow the 11th. Celebrity's website under that cruise says the 20th. Do TA's typically ask for the payment sooner? Can I stand my ground? My credit card payment is processed on the 18th and until then I won't have enough room on my card to make the payment. :eek:

My TA called and told me final payment was due tomorrow the 11th. Celebrity's website under that cruise says the 20th. Do TA's typically ask for the payment sooner? Can I stand my ground? My credit card payment is processed on the 18th and until then I won't have enough room on my card to make the payment. :eek:

When I used TA's most of them required an earlier payment date in order to get it from you, and get it processed. Call your TA and see if you can negotiate a date that is better for you. Or call and get the CC to raise your limit a bit. Or make a CC payment now to lower your amount and make room for the charge.

A number of options.

Den

My TA also bills the final payment date prior to the date listed by Celebrity. Sometimes they want to make sure it's in on time. Check with you TA to find out if they charge your card on the early date or just hold it for processing later. Perhaps you can make an early payment on your card to clear the room you need.

Try for the 18th as it's a Friday an your TA probably is not open on weekends.

Our TA's in the UK is 13 weeks before the cruise - 5 weeks more than Celebrity - it's a trade off between getting it 10% cheaper with the TA or paying more but paying later

We'd rather pay less - we have annual travel insurance if there is an issue

Archived