Return flight 11:30

saphir

Is it doable to have a flight 11: 30 AM. The boat is a Miami a 8: 00 AM, I must to be at the Miami airport around 10: 00 AM. Is it too short? Thank you for your help.

Doable, but a bit risky. The rule of thumb would be not to book a flight before noon. Having said that, it depends on your comfort level. How much of a problem would it be if you were to miss the flight and possibly have to stay over an extra day (not always a bad thing to be forced to spend a day in sunny South Florida:))? Do you stress easily at the thought of rushing to get to MIA in time? Often, people are trying to make that early flight because they found a great price. Well, the reason those early flights can be cheaper than afternoon flights is because of the possible difficulties faced by the hordes coming off cruise ships in making them in time.

If you decide to try it, most would recommend doing self-disembarkation. You take your own bags off and can be one of the first ones to leave the ship. One thing to keep in mind is that disembarkation can be delayed by a number of factors-- weather, customs, the CDC, just to name a few.

After our 2010 cruise, we stayed over in a hotel and flew back early the next morning. It was less expensive, overall, than flying out the same day, and we had one more leisurely day of vacation. it sure beat finishing up a week of unwinding with a stomach-churning mad dash to the airport.

Doable, but a bit risky. The rule of thumb would be not to book a flight before noon. Having said that, it depends on your comfort level. How much of a problem would it be if you were to miss the flight and possibly have to stay over an extra day (not always a bad thing to be forced to spend a day in sunny South Florida:))? Do you stress easily at the thought of rushing to get to MIA in time? Often, people are trying to make that early flight because they found a great price. Well, the reason those early flights can be cheaper than afternoon flights is because of the possible difficulties faced by the hordes coming off cruise ships in making them in time.

If you decide to try it, most would recommend doing self-disembarkation. You take your own bags off and can be one of the first ones to leave the ship. One thing to keep in mind is that disembarkation can be delayed by a number of factors-- weather, customs, the CDC, just to name a few.

After our 2010 cruise, we stayed over in a hotel and flew back early the next morning. It was less expensive, overall, than flying out the same day, and we had one more leisurely day of vacation. it sure beat finishing up a week of unwinding with a stomach-churning mad dash to the airport.

Well said. I always feel the need to chime in on these questions. WILL they make it? Probably. Probably is too stressful for me! These days getting a later flight if you miss the earlier one could be very difficult - depending on time of year and airline it could be more than a day's wait and then awful seats on the plane. Worth it? Not to me. Why end a relaxing cruise with so much stress?

The real unknown is Customs/Immigration and if they decide to do a thorough search (perhaps based on a tip), it can take a (painfully long) while.

I will go out on a limb here and suggest that if there is a line at customs/immigration, you may well find that your fellow passengers will not be all that friendly and let you cut ahead of them because you have a flight to catch.

You will be fine.

I was on an MIA debarkation cruise, and we were not even allowed to leave the ship until 9:45, and then we had to go through Customs. We did not get to the airport until almost 11:30. I have to respectfully disagree with your reassurance as a blanket statement rather than a probability. It happened to us (fact, not opinion); it could happen to them (unlikely but certainly possible).

Archived