Help with finding the best restaurant in bermuda

krnplcd

In over 30 years of visiting Bermuda, I haven't had a truly outstanding dinner, but then Bermuda typically has not been known for its food. I think that is changing somewhat, though. I second the opinions on Cambridge Beaches (but ate there 28 years ago on my honeymoon), the Waterlot, and the Reefs. Ate at the Reefs on the Dine Around program when we stayed at Pompano Beach Club Just ate in the main dining room, and while good, nothing spectacular.

While I have never eaten there, the one place that always pops into my head for fine dining in Bermuda is the Four Ways Inn in Paget. Has always gotten excellent reviews. I would recommend this restaurant. Enjoy!

http://www.fourwaysinn.com/restaurant.asp

With over a dozen trips to Bermuda under my belt, I'd definitely recommend The Waterlot or The Four Ways Inn for a memorable evening.

Thanks! I did e-mail the restaurant too with that question and I'll post their reply.

Per Cambridge Beaches concierge -

The picture [below] is actually a personal experience which will be a Private Candle Light Dinner on the Beach. Includes 2 glasses of Champagne, 1 bottle of water, hors d’oeuvres, 4 course meal and your own private butler. I must not leave out the stunning view of the Sunset. The cost will be $450.00 plus a 17% surcharge.

Add tip and it's ~$630 - very reasonable! :eek::p:eek:

But it is what I was looking for...dang!

509_private_beach_dining.jpg

$630?! Ouch!!! I could get two plane tickets to the States for that amount :p

You could always do a DIY picnic on one of the beaches. You won't have anyone serving you but you could get a nice bottle of champagne, some strawberries and other nibbles like cheese and crackers at one of our grocery stores. There are plenty of private places to watch the sunset - just prearrange pick up with your cab driver beforehand ;)

Dinner at one of the nice restaurants mentioned in these boards could be an added bonus.

$630?! Ouch!!! I could get two plane tickets to the States for that amount :p

You could always do a DIY picnic on one of the beaches. You won't have anyone serving you but you could get a nice bottle of champagne, some strawberries and other nibbles like cheese and crackers at one of our grocery stores. There are plenty of private places to watch the sunset - just prearrange pick up with your cab driver beforehand ;)

Dinner at one of the nice restaurants mentioned in these boards could be an added bonus.

Hi,

Could you tell me if Jackets are really required for dinner at the Reef's. We were hoping to not have to pack one.

Thanks for your help

My husband and I just spent 4 nights at the Reefs celebrating our 25'th anniversary. We ate at Coconuts (not on the beach) our first night and loved it. The setting is spectacular and we thought the food was excellent. We also ate at Royston's and Ocean's Echo, both good, but Coconuts is better and has a far superior location. If you get a chance to eat there - do!

DSC01028.jpg.357f95774c600c5af922253599003caa.jpg

DSC01030.jpg.18c2b177455d4d1266c4acaf3152074f.jpg

DSC01025.jpg.38d798772d32d45f6b11863594eb72b4.jpg

I just noticed the question about jackets at The Reefs. They are not required, only recommended. My husband did not wear one to any of the three restaurants.

We also had dinner at Cambridge Beaches one night - Tamarisk. We did not like the resort nearly as much as The Reefs. The whole place was so deserted. The food was good, but the restaurant was fairly empty and we didn't like the ambience nearly as much. The beach areas at the resort are no where near as nice as the beach at The Reefs. We were so happy we were staying at The Reefs and not Cambridge.

I just noticed the question about jackets at The Reefs. They are not required, only recommended. My husband did not wear one to any of the three restaurants.

We also had dinner at Cambridge Beaches one night - Tamarisk. We did not like the resort nearly as much as The Reefs. The whole place was so deserted. The food was good, but the restaurant was fairly empty and we didn't like the ambience nearly as much. The beach areas at the resort are no where near as nice as the beach at The Reefs. We were so happy we were staying at The Reefs and not Cambridge.

I'm assuming you did the dine around program? Did you happen to go to Pompano Beach Club? Hands down my favorite hotel on the island. I stayed at Cambridge Beaches for my honeymoon a zillion years ago, had dinner at the Reefs once on the Dine Around program, but still love Pompano the best. If you go back to the Reefs, check out Pompano one evening for their dinner. It's just a tad more laid back than the Reefs.

Yes, we were doing the dine around. We did not go to Pompano. We actually wanted to go to Breezes at Cambridge, but it wasn't open. After seeing how few people there were at the resort, I can understand why. When we get back to Bermuda we'll try Pompano for sure!

What ship are you on? Dining in the sur-charge restaurant on the ship might be an option worth considering, as well. Let them know you are on your honeymoon and I'm SURE they'll make the evening extra special for you. Follow that with a horse drawn carriage ride off of the ship! To me, that would be more romantic than dinner itself at a land based restaurant. Just another option to consider.

• 3 months later...
Hi All,

I will be going on a 7 day cruise to bermuda for my honeymoon. Looking for the nicest restaurant in Bermuda/most romantic. Money is no object, just want to take her someplace where 10 years from now she will still remember. Have any ideas? (been saving for like 18 months :D).

Well, Ok - Honeymoon's over! Congratulations on the wedding! - Now tell us! Where did you go for dinner? Was it as romantic as you hoped for?

Just a few details, please!! :D - Miriam

Archived