Help with finding the best restaurant in bermuda

krnplcd

Hi All,

I will be going on a 7 day cruise to bermuda for my honeymoon. Looking for the nicest restaurant in Bermuda/most romantic. Money is no object, just want to take her someplace where 10 years from now she will still remember. Have any ideas? (been saving for like 18 months :D).

I've done the beachfront dining at Coconuts (the first link in the previous poster's response) I highly recommend it as it's certainly a memorable experience.

There's also the Waterlot Inn in Southampton, which is beautiful and gets high marks (AAA Four Diamonds, for one). Also the Ocean Club at the Fairmont Southampton has wonderful seafood and you can request a table overlooking the ocean. Absolutely impeccable service.

I asked for the same advice on TA for a 30th anniversary next month, recommendations included Coconuts beachfront at the Reefs, the Dining Room at the Lighthouse, Ocean Echo at The Reefs, and a few others. I would choose the Coconuts beachfront and the Dining Room for 2 nights if I knew the Coconuts was personal enough.

modelman, dfgf - is the Coconuts beachfront experience personal enough to be really a memorable or at least enjoyable experience? Also I see the menu is fixed, there are no alternatives I gather...

Thanks!

I asked for the same advice on TA for a 30th anniversary next month, recommendations included Coconuts beachfront at the Reefs, the Dining Room at the Lighthouse, Ocean Echo at The Reefs, and a few others. I would choose the Coconuts beachfront and the Dining Room for 2 nights if I knew the Coconuts was personal enough.

modelman, dfgf - is the Coconuts beachfront experience personal enough to be really a memorable or at least enjoyable experience? Also I see the menu is fixed, there are no alternatives I gather...

Thanks!

It looks like there are several choices on the menu for every course but the third, which is a sorbet intermezzo...http://thereefs.com/dining/BeachDining.pdf

I have not eaten on the beach at the Reefs, but I think it is less of a one on one thing, and more like a small section of the restaurant set up on the beach, at least if this picture is anything to go by.

1296116767_9427f0db6f_z.jpg

There's an old saying..."If you have to ask you can't afford it...";):)

I suppose. I just like to be prepared a budget my trip accordingly. I am going in August and would like to have money set aside for everything I want to do

It looks like there are several choices on the menu for every course but the third, which is a sorbet intermezzo...http://thereefs.com/dining/BeachDining.pdf

There are limited choices and most do not excite me, hence the question to anyone who experienced this...many places will have secondary options available.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Having stayed at the Reefs and experienced this, I would highly recommend it. Sorry, but I don't remember what we paid for it, we were staying in a Pointe Suite. It's not so much about the food, it's the experience and romance of a beautiful night on the beach. When we did it, there were only two other couples on the beach.

I have not eaten on the beach at the Reefs, but I think it is less of a one on one thing, and more like a small section of the restaurant set up on the beach, at least if this picture is anything to go by.

1296116767_9427f0db6f_z.jpg

Thanks.

If that is it I'm sure it is a nice experience but not memorable in the sense that I'm after. For a special evening I'd be looking for a more private setting for that kind of experience.

We will certainly eat at the Reefs, but I think other options sound better for our 30th anniversary. Thanks for the info!

Coconuts Review

Nuzzled between high cliff rocks and a pristine private beach on the southern coast, this outdoor restaurant is one of the best places to nab that table overlooking the ocean. The view is made even more dramatic at night by floodlights. The menu changes often, but you can always be sure of fresh, local produce, and fish prepared with a mix of contemporary Bermudian and Asian flair. On-beach dining is a fixed price menu of five courses and a glass of champagne for $125 (plus 17% gratuity). A dinner menu is available for those dining in the restaurant and a simpler, less-expensive lunch menu includes weekly specials, burgers, sandwiches, and salads.

from http://www.fodors.com/world/caribbean/bermuda/review-44911.html

so expect at least $150 pp. but I am not sure how current this is. when you email for a reservation(a must) ask the price IMO...

I have had the pleasure of dining at Mickey's Place several times now, while on RCCL cruises. It is down a set of steps, off of the terrace at the Elbow beach Club (you do not have to be a guest there to done there).

It is built right on the sand, with a very classy, luxurious, open "white tent" style. You are only steps to the ocean, and can walk to the water while you sip your cocktails.

I have only been there during the day, but I'm sure that an evening meal must be very romantic, with the tiny lights that they have and the sounds of the sea. (You'll need a taxi to get there, it a very long steep drive to the beach area.) Here's a link that I found.

Hope this helps! Miriam

Click here: Bermuda Fine Dining at Mickey’s Beach Bistro & Bar at Elbow Beach

Thanks so much to everyone :D Will be sure to make a reservation for both of these restaurants for dinner :D Glad its not too expensive!!!! (unfortunately I'll be feeding my wedding guests for a relatively similar price to what this dinner costs per person!!!)

We've had drinks at Mickey's, nice spot but very pricey and probably a great place for a sunset dinner. The resort is very nice.

For our 30th we've decided to dine at Coconuts (table by the railing in the open air restaurant) and also at the Dining Room in the Lighthouse. These are the 2 top picks for a special dinner with amazing sunsets (and views from the Lighthouse) from folks who live on Bermuda and others who vacation there every year. A few others were also recommended, but although we're there for a week we want to hit the Frog & Onion and a couple spots we liked in Hamilton too. But we'll report on these two places when we return from there mid-June.

Thanks!

There are very good suggestions here, but as an alternative to beachside dining, I would recommend Tom Moore's Tavern for a special romantic dinner. The food and service are top notch. It is not on the water and there are no views, but it is a very classy place. Expensive too. Jackets for men are required. When were were there a couple of weeks ago, the former Prime Minister of Bermuda dined at the table next to ours.

Also, for a less expensive, but great place with great food, would be Barracuda Grill. Again, no views, but a great place for a romantic dinner and right in the heart of downtown Hamilton.

IMO, Ocean Echo at the Reefs was just so-so for food and service, but the views were outstanding. It is on the same grounds as Coconuts, which looked like an excellent place for drinks at night. Unfortunately, there was a private function going on when we were there, so we missed out. I would definitely call beforehand to make sure there isn't anything going on before you go.

Another place for great views of the harbor would be Blu Bar & Grill in Warwick.

In over 30 years of visiting Bermuda, I haven't had a truly outstanding dinner, but then Bermuda typically has not been known for its food. I think that is changing somewhat, though. I second the opinions on Cambridge Beaches (but ate there 28 years ago on my honeymoon), the Waterlot, and the Reefs. Ate at the Reefs on the Dine Around program when we stayed at Pompano Beach Club Just ate in the main dining room, and while good, nothing spectacular.

While I have never eaten there, the one place that always pops into my head for fine dining in Bermuda is the Four Ways Inn in Paget. Has always gotten excellent reviews. I would recommend this restaurant. Enjoy!

http://www.fourwaysinn.com/restaurant.asp

We had dinner at Blu earlier this month, and while the views are stunning, I find the restaurant a little uneven. The menu is a little too varied, and seems to overreach. I love the views, but do not find the place particularly luxurious or romantic.

Blu view

303468_10150842768470758_506630757_9664809_61996452_n.jpg

For a similar view, more harbour and city and less bay, I would go to Beau Rivage, which is much more upscale, and has a more romantic vibe, with a more consistent menu as well. Beau Rivage still has stunning views, just not as "open"

Beau Rivage views

149477_10150828852700758_506630757_9656799_722281388_n.jpg

405149_10150799290375758_506630757_9627824_1386458111_n.jpg

Though to be balanced, Breezes at Cambridge is similar..

cambridge_beaches_10.jpg

The first picture in this thread (below) shows a single table in the water at Cambridge. May just be an ad or it may be an option if no one else has selected beach dining that evening? How is the cuisine at Cambridge?

509_private_beach_dining.jpg

I believe what you are seeing in the second picture is the Private Beach Dinner that Cambridge offers (I think it's done on one of the beaches on one of the nearby islands, but don't quote me on that). It's just you and your partner and the guy serving you that's there and the server will make himself scarce until it's time serve the courses or if you need anything. Not sure if this is still offered, though. Would be best to contact Cambridge if you are interested.

I've never eaten at Cambridge and don't know anyone that has so, unfortunately, I cannot comment on the quality of the food.

Thanks! I did e-mail the restaurant too with that question and I'll post their reply. Trying to find something really special and unique for my lady and several of the recommended restaurants (The Dining Room, Tom Moore's, Waterlot, Coconuts and others) sound great and we will try some of these. Just looking for that one special experience that would wow her - she's put up with me for 40 years! (10 of those I was in training)...

I have had the pleasure of dining at Mickey's Place several times now, while on RCCL cruises. It is down a set of steps, off of the terrace at the Elbow beach Club (you do not have to be a guest there to done there).

It is built right on the sand, with a very classy, luxurious, open "white tent" style. You are only steps to the ocean, and can walk to the water while you sip your cocktails.

I have only been there during the day, but I'm sure that an evening meal must be very romantic, with the tiny lights that they have and the sounds of the sea. (You'll need a taxi to get there, it a very long steep drive to the beach area.) Here's a link that I found.

Hope this helps! Miriam

Here is a couple of pictures of Mickey's.

mic1.JPG

mic2.JPG

Archived