Past Guest Party Question

stavs

Wife and I are traveling with another couple this weekend. Wife and I are both past guests, but the other couple isnt. Can we bring the other couple as guests?

Let's see, it's a past guest reception. Are they a past guest? No! Pretty simple.

It is for past passengers....a perk for loyatly so I dont think so. If everyone brought their friends that are not past guests the whole ship would be there. Its not fair for past guests fighting for their drinks and seats while people are in there that really shouldnt be drinking and taking up precious seats. Sorry if this sounds rude but its just my opinion.

Let's see, it's a past guest reception. Are they a past guest? No! Pretty simple.

Ok, but if you are a past guest and wife isnt, apparently they let the wife in.

Ok, but if you are a past guest and wife isnt, apparently they let the wife in.

I guess you don't like the answers you've been given, huh? A wife is in the same cabin--well hopefully she is and that's why she can go. As previously mentioned, if your friends are in the same cabin--welcome.

If they are in their own cabin, you have a couple of choices. Don't go the party because your friends are not past guests, or go to the party and enjoy your status as a past guest and meet your friends later. If they are good friends, I am sure they will understand they are not to be there.

The party is called PAST GUESTS for a reason--Sorry

Since they are not past guests, they won't receive an invitation. The invitations do not state " and guests ". I really don't see why it is so hard for people to understand. You either are a " past guest " or you aren't.

I say take them. They will not turn them away. Just walk in as a group.

I have yet to see what is so great about these parties. I went to one once and have not walked into one since then.

I have yet to see what is so great about these parties. I went to one once and have not walked into one since then.

It seems like the big draw is free drinks. We missed/skipped the last one. We arent big drinkers, so not a huge draw for us.

I totally agree!! There usually aren't enough people on the boat that want to go, are there?? :rolleyes:

I would go and give it a try. As mentioned previously, I have never seen them turn anyone away at the door. What the heck - all they can say is NO, and then you can hook up with your friends after the party - the party only lasts about 45 minutes. As far as free drinks - I'd rather go somewhere else and pay for a drink. That is better than a water down "something" drink that you may or may not be served. Really and truly - IMHO - the Past Guest Party is a J-O-K-E!

DH and I are both past guests, but our children are not (They weren't born yet). We are both very interested in going so do you think Camp Carnival will be open while we attend so they can go there? We are sailing on the Legend on August 5th if that helps. Is the past guest party always a certain day of the cruise? Thanks!

Smuggle them.:D If it's okay for liquor, then it's okay for a party.;) Just like with the liquor, there's no downside. The worst that will happen is that they will not be allowed in. No one will get banned or thrown off the ship. Just be polite and see how it goes.

I guess you don't like the answers you've been given, huh? A wife is in the same cabin--well hopefully she is and that's why she can go. As previously mentioned, if your friends are in the same cabin--welcome.

If they are in their own cabin, you have a couple of choices. Don't go the party because your friends are not past guests, or go to the party and enjoy your status as a past guest and meet your friends later. If they are good friends, I am sure they will understand they are not to be there.

The party is called PAST GUESTS for a reason--Sorry

There was nothing said about not liking the answers. The OP just made a comment. Why so smart mouth about it.

My MIL was in our room on one cruise and had never cruised before. The envelope had out name and only the cabin number on the inside and she attended with us. No Problem. She does not drink but got along in a great conversation with the Captain.

Archived