Atlantic Room QM2

eratog2

Can anybody tell me where this is please? I'm trying to organise our meet and greet for next week, and this is what Cunard have arranged as we cannot use the Commodore Club. . .. . .:eek:

Deck 11 forward. The windows of this room look out on the observation deck.

A nice way to get here is to take the scenic elevators from deck 7 which a lot of people don't even realize are there.

During our past sailings on QM2, we would see Bridge Instructions during the morning hours after breakfast. Also groups using it as a location to play cards other times of the day. They must be setting the time aside after these times are completed.

Yes, it is on Deck 11 by Stairway A, also leading to the outside covered Observation Deck.

Enjoy your M&G... Commodore Club would have been better but this will be more personable.

Can anybody tell me where this is please? I'm trying to organise our meet and greet for next week, and this is what Cunard have arranged as we cannot use the Commodore Club. . .. . .:eek:

Why can't you use the Commodore Club? It is a public room.

This was the response I received from Cunard when booking the Meet and Greet

Commodore Club (Not possible as its the opening time for our regular guests)

Strangely enough, last time I sailed the m&g was held in the Winter Gardens, and on my return voyage this time, it will also be in the Winter Gardens.

Strangely enough, last time I sailed the m&g was held in the Winter Gardens, and on my return voyage this time, it will also be in the Winter Gardens.

To be honest I don't usually bother involving Cunard in the arrangements as they add very little to the event. So what if it is the opening time, it always is but unless you have massive numbers attending you fit perfectly well in the space by the piano and if not then go to the starboard side which is massive. The Atlantic Room is nice but it ain't the Commodore Club, are they setting a bar up for you? Sorry I am not looking to interfere but just offering a little advice because in the past Cunard have offered Connections 3 on deck 2 which is ludicrous.

That's weird. During the circumnavigation of Australia, I organised 3 meet & greets (with Cunard's help) and they were all in the Commodore Club. They even arranged the furniture for us and put out flowers and a sign.

If you email me at rollcallm203@y7mail.com I will give you the email address for the helpful lady I was dealing with.

That's weird. During the circumnavigation of Australia, I organised 3 meet & greets (with Cunard's help) and they were all in the Commodore Club. They even arranged the furniture for us and put out flowers and a sign.

If you email me at rollcallm203@y7mail.com I will give you the email address for the helpful lady I was dealing with.

Just speak to the bar staff, they are always willing to do this.

We had pretty invitations last time, but they haven't asked for names this time, so it's doubtful . . . . thanks for that, I'll email you, if only for next time. . . . . cos I just know there'll be a next time. :)

We had pretty invitations last time, but they haven't asked for names this time, so it's doubtful . . . . thanks for that, I'll email you, if only for next time. . . . . cos I just know there'll be a next time. :)

I've sent you the details. I know what you mean about there always being a next time. I have only been off the ship for a couple of months and already I am booked to go again!

This was the response I received from Cunard when booking the Meet and Greet Commodore Club (Not possible as its the opening time for our regular guests)

That is odd! I've been at busy M&G in the Commodore Club where we were almost the only people there! (I think there were two or three other passengers 'round on the starboard side, that was it).

(On another occasion there were Friends of Bill W. in the Board Room, Friends of Dorothy in the raised seating area by the piano, and a CC M&G going on in the port-side wing of the Commodore Club. Some tried to attend two of the three gatherings at the same time!).

I'd hold the meeting in the Commodore Club anyway, are they going to turn away a group of passengers, many of whom will be ordering drinks?

Very best wishes, Bon Voyage!

On another occasion there were Friends of Bill W. in the Board Room, Friends of Dorothy in the raised seating area by the piano, and a CC M&G going on in the port-side wing of the Commodore Club. Some tried to attend two of the three gatherings at the same time!...

ROFL!

If you reallywant to find a very quiet public space on board a Cunard ship, just attend the "Friends of Jimmy Three Breakfasts" meeting. :D:D

J

If you reallywant to find a very quiet public space on board a Cunard ship, just attend the "Friends of Jimmy Three Breakfasts" meeting. :D:D

J

Even quieter, the incredibly exclusive "Friend of Sir Martin (One Worldwide)" meeting.

Mary

For real exclusivity it's WRECC (pronounced Rex). It's the Winter REGAL EMPRESS Crossing Club which started some years ago by a group of ship enthusiast while staying up most of the night on the then soon to be decommissioned REGAL EMPRESS. Our most recent reunion was held quiet comfortably on the starboard side wing of the Commodore Club last January somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic. Drinks were ordered, taken, and then properly disposed. There was no alcohal abuse noted; indeed all drinks ordered were drank. The cardboard Father Time mascot of WRECC, lifted from the Commodore Club of the REGAL EMPRESS, was properly displayed, and, as they say, a good time was had by all. I don't believe anyone from Cunard shoreside had any inkling of what transpired during those antecrandial hours onboard their flagship that January night.

For real exclusivity it's WRECC (pronounced Rex). It's the Winter REGAL EMPRESS Crossing Club which started some years ago by a group of ship enthusiast while staying up most of the night on the then soon to be decommissioned REGAL EMPRESS. Our most recent reunion was held quiet comfortably on the starboard side wing of the Commodore Club last January somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic. Drinks were ordered, taken, and then properly disposed. There was no alcohal abuse noted; indeed all drinks ordered were drank. The cardboard Father Time mascot of WRECC, lifted from the Commodore Club of the REGAL EMPRESS, was properly displayed, and, as they say, a good time was had by all. I don't believe anyone from Cunard shoreside had any inkling of what transpired during those antecrandial hours onboard their flagship that January night.

Great fun and very much enjoyed the gathering!! Looking forward to the next "Father Time" sighting.

Ernie

Well, Ernie, since you mention it, Father Time is presently with me and was all packed to travel with our WRECC member from the Garden State when he was to have met up with you all on the Queen Mary in Long Beach last spring.

Being of advanced age, Father Time only travels when there will be a quorum of the WRECC present. At this point we have half the requisite number for September 30 and our elderly mascot has let me know that he is really hoping to spend some time in a climate similar to the one in which we kidnapped/rescued him.

Archived