Do cruise lines ever make mistakes re: cabin assignment?

CruzinKatz

I've never read about it here but just wondering if cruise lines ever make mistakes re: cabin assignments. Are cabins ever double booked? Has anyone ever paid for a certain level only to find out you're not getting the cabin you expected. They make so many reservations but seem to make few or no mistakes.

Yes it can happen. We once had 3 cabins in a row - the other 2 cabins were fine - got to the 3rd one (which was ours) and walked in to dirty ashtray and clothes laying about the cabin. We went to guest services. We ended up with a "better" category cabin but we were not near our family. Certainly didn't ruin our time but it was surprising to walk into a cabin occupied by someone else.

We booked our Royal Caribbean cruise on a Wednesday for the following Saturday one time and got the last inside cabin.

When we opened the cabin door a crew member was there all settled in.

We all went to guest services to get it figured out, of course the crew member was given other arrangements.

I felt kind of bad for him being kicked out. :o

Several years ago I read here on CC that Carnival over booked a cruise out of Baltimore. A few days before the cruise Carnival started calling people who weren't flying to the port to ask them to give up their cabins. I'm sure they were offering an incentive but I have no idea what it was.

Archived