Anyone like the forward cabins??

midime

We're booked in a forward inside (very forward) cabin at Xmas. People love to talk about their balconies on this board, but I'd like to hear from any of you that are OK with these cabins. Are they OK, or would you never do it again?

I have time to change mine if the comments indicate I should.

Thanks folks!

In a very forward location you will get more motion. It shouldn’t be too bad unless the seas are rough.

It all depends on your like or dislike of motion. If you tend to get seasick I would steer clear of this location.

We just came back from the Star and had B214. I was concerned about the location, but it was very good. However, the seas were very calm and we did not experience any motion whatsoever. This was the quietest cabin we have ever had. Compared to the aft cabins, it was practically motionless. \

HOw forward is forward? we are in c 230? will we feel anything you think?

Which ship will you be on?

Also, location is relative. You will feel some motion anywhere on a ship. The rougher the seas the rougher the ride. Mid ship will give you less (front to back) motion. Lower in the ship will give you less (side to side) motion. There is no magic cutoff as to where the motion becomes less. It is a gradual change as you move forward or back.

I have never really been bothered by motion unless it gets VERY rough. On the other hand DW has become seasick with rough seas. We usually try for midship, but this coming year only the forward section was available. We took the least forward cabin in the front section. This room is just forward from the front set of elevators. I think this room will be very acceptable, but I don’t think we would have booked if the room had been very far forward.

CB c230?

You should be fine. We had friends in that area and they loved it. We really need to know what ship and cabin number that midime is on.

Marilyn

Thanks for the input! We're on the CP, and our cabins are C106, 109. They're the last ones at the front! (Would you believe that this cruise is selling out quickly?).

I expect to hear some noise from the anchors but also felt that there would be less traffic past our cabin doors. (always look at the bright side!)

Thanks for the input! We're on the CP, and our cabins are C106, 109. They're the last ones at the front! (Would you believe that this cruise is selling out quickly?).

I expect to hear some noise from the anchors but also felt that there would be less traffic past our cabin doors. (always look at the bright side!)

They might not be too bad. We had very front facing on the Sapphire and the wind was mean. You are on the side so may not be too much of problem in the way of wind. You said that there would not be too much traffic. Now that is a good thing. Now this is my opinion but if you can maybe try for one further back. Also maybe someone else on this board has had that room.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn. Wind shouldn't be a problem. We have an inside cabin. I am thinking of calling and seeing what else is available though. Our kids have the other cabin. We're also travelling with 6 other family members. Wherever we end up, it should be a nice way to spend the holidays.

I choose forward because we've had wonderful results with quiet locations near what we like to get to by relatively quick runs up/down stairways. These have been on Coral Princess (2x) & Norwegian Star (2x). Right behind the bridge both times on The Star -- very quiet, no one walking by except the crew. Forward of the elevators. Motion has never been a problem.

I have never sailed on the Caribbean Princess, but here is my input from experiences on 12 different cruises. I had one cabin at the very front of a small ship and during rough seas we experienced quite a bit of up and down motion. I could really feel this motion in my stomach when lying in bed trying to go to sleep. When we attend the performances in the show rooms at the front of ships sometimes there is quite a bit of up and down motion again. I have noticed that some people have a bit of trouble walking up and down the stairs in the aisles. The Caribbean Princess is a good-sized ship of 113,000 gross tons. This will help to minimize the movement.

The specific cabins C106 and C109 are in the very front of the ship. Actually if you line them up with the show room floor they are slightly forward of the stage. I expect these rooms to have as much movement as any on the ship.

Cabin C230 is about half way back in the front section and would be located directly above the mid point of the seats in the showroom. Maybe slightly better than the C106 and C109 cabins, but still you will get some movement.

I am not trying to say that these rooms will be unacceptable. Some people will absolutely love them. You two did ask about movement, so I imagine that this is a concern for you.

I hope this has helped and wherever you wind up on the ship have a great cruise. :D

We had C101 which is the first forward on Starboard side. LOVED it and would book it again. No movement problem at all though I was worried about it also. THe best part...the balcony was smoke free as we got the fresh air because we were first into it! If just two of us again and it is available, I will ask for that same cabin.

Thanks for your replies. That's a great idea - about lining the cabins up with the showroom - didn't think of that. I need to pick up a brochure.

Such nice, helpful people on these boards!

On the Coral & Island Princess, being forward may be an advantage if you frequent the Horizon Court Lido area a lot.

On the Grand class, a forward cabin adds up to a lot of walking.

I actually prefer midships, particularly if sailing in rough waters. We had a fairly forward cabin, C-250, on Golden Princess' 8-02 trans-Atlantic. We hit two fairly large Atlantic storms, and had a lot of pitching, which is accentuated forward. We had bow-slap spray raining down on our balcony (10 stories above the waterline), and it was pretty rough. Even down on Prom deck it was rough, several windows shattered due to the ship's flexing while fighting for seaway. The Grand class are not particularly good rough water boats, what with their wide beam, relatively flat bottom, and wind-catching superstructure. Much prefer to be on a ship like Royal Princess in rough waters - she has a much finer liner-like hull, with good length/beam ratio.

We're booked in a forward inside (very forward) cabin at Xmas. People love to talk about their balconies on this board, but I'd like to hear from any of you that are OK with these cabins. Are they OK, or would you never do it again?

Just remember if you have a cabin way forward in the upper decks you can still be very far from the bow but if you have a cabin near the stern on any deck you will be very close to the back of the ship. Our forward cabin on the Sea Princess - Cabin A-339 on a 14 day cruise was absolutly perfect. I would take it again any cruise, any place.

Thanks Saltwater, that's reassuring! We'll be in the Caribbean so the ocean should be pretty calm then - shouldn't it??? I don't mind the extra walking and probably will need it after all the meals.

Perhaps I'll hold onto my cabins. The others we're travelling with are on the Aloha deck in forward cabins as well. Its still 8 months away - who knows what will happen between now and then. Upgrade fairy, where are you??

Archived