Anyone like the forward cabins??

midime

I've always had a balcony cabin far forward(A215, C202) and have always loved it. Never had a problem with motion sickness and it was very quiet, which is what I prefer.

And yes, you will have to do a bit more walking as the Caribbean Princess is quite a large ship, but after enjoying all the good food aboard, you'll feel less quilty with all the wonderful extra exercise you'll be getting!

Thanks Marilyn. Wind shouldn't be a problem. We have an inside cabin. I am thinking of calling and seeing what else is available though. Our kids have the other cabin. We're also travelling with 6 other family members. Wherever we end up, it should be a nice way to spend the holidays.

We have had D109 & D111 and we have C106 on the Star in September. I have never had a problem with the front cabins. It is indeed quite. I have not noticed any more movement then elsewhere. But it is a long, long walk if you forget something and need to run back.

Saylor, that's 1 of 2 cabins we have booked for our cruise. C109 is the other one. It looks larger than the others on the deck plan. Please let me know what you think of it, if you remember.

I'd love to hear !

Oops - just realized that you're on the Star; we're on the Caribbean Princess. They should be almost the same though, no?

Saylor, that's 1 of 2 cabins we have booked for our cruise. C109 is the other one. It looks larger than the others on the deck plan. Please let me know what you think of it, if you remember.

I'd love to hear !

Oops - just realized that you're on the Star; we're on the Caribbean Princess. They should be almost the same though, no?

I think they should be the same and I think from looking at the plan that is does look larger than the others, at least I hope so!!

WE had P302 on the Ocean in the Caribbean and the Sun through Panama Canal. It is way in front on Plaza deck. We just loved it both times. We had no problem in rough seas. Fun to watch the waves from the bow "fly" past our window. Have been forward and mid ships on all cruises, never been aft. Have cruised twice with an inside room. It was ok cause you aren't in your room a lot but if able, will never have an inside room again. Very happy with either an outside window or balcony.

Carol

• 1 month later...

We are in R702 on CP sept 17..Can anyone tell me if this balcony cabin hears any noise from the 24 hr buffet above it? Also it is right under the sliding doors to the restaurant. Is there any noise from that? Do you hear the movie speakers from 2 decks above? the next cat BB is also under the seating area of the buffet and the suites are under the pool deck chairs which are on wood. Rep and travel agent tell me they are insulated as they wouldn't put higher price cabins in poor areas...

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Doris

We were on NCL's Majesty in the first cabin forward (inside cabin). The seas were really rough coming back to Charleston. My daughter was with us and was in the top bunk. It was so rough that none of us slept one night. It sounded like the front of the ship would completely come out of the water and then slam down. The sound was horrible and very very scary. The motion was also very bad and my daughter was eating motion sickness pills like they were candy. I don't ever get sick and I was feeling it. My son and his wife were on the same (lower) deck mid-ship and they didn't feel a thing. Never again will we have a forward cabin (especially that forward).

We had C101 which is the first forward on Starboard side. LOVED it and would book it again. No movement problem at all though I was worried about it also. THe best part...the balcony was smoke free as we got the fresh air because we were first into it! If just two of us again and it is available, I will ask for that same cabin.

Thinking about booking that same cabin for next fall. Can you tell me more about the balcony, the cabin ...Any photos?

also consider booking a lower deck. the higher on board, the more motion is felt. think of it like a metronome. the top moves much more than the middle or the bottom....even though it's all moving together...

• 4 months later...

three years ago we took a alaska cruise we were on the caribbean deck(the lowest you could get ) and 8 cabins in from the bow we hit two bad days we enjoyed seating and looking out at the waves going over our porthold:) . some of the other pass were not so well enterain and got very sea sick. one cabin had it's porthole damage on the 3rd. day .they got moved to a suite. some of us was hoping that ours would go as well. just to get a suite room also. we also got avery close view of a pod of six orcas they were riding the bow wave did so for about 30 min. took five rolls of film. the photo shop lost them this was our high and low point of that cruise.the next day ran into one of the photo personal he took off i guess he did not like the smiled:rolleyes: had or the way i looked at the rail.

paul

We just got off the Star and had the most forward cabin. At first I was concerned but was very happy. First there is no one on one side of you, we could see into the bridge and we got a bit of exercise. We would definitely take the cabin again, we had a terrific room steward, one night we had a cocktail party and he put all our smuggled beer on ice for us, and help with our little get together. His name is Ute and we loved him and of course compensated him pretty much everyday.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the input! We're on the CP, and our cabins are C106, 109. They're the last ones at the front! (Would you believe that this cruise is selling out quickly?).

I expect to hear some noise from the anchors but also felt that there would be less traffic past our cabin doors. (always look at the bright side!)

I was interested in seeing pics from your trip we are also in room c106! :p

• 3 years later...

Was on the Sapphire Princess and stayed on c105, front of the ship, center balcony looking out the front. This was a great cabin. I had aft cabins and found them to be relaxing looking out behind the ship but being in the front, just below the bridge, that was the best.

Hi!

I noticed you were in C106 Caribe deck. We have this room booked, but on the Ruby....It looks like the same configuration, in that it looks bigger than the other staterooms. Could you let me know if this is the case and how much noticable difference is there? I am excited about the trip, but not an interior room such as this. I told my agent that if the room is larger, than the savings from a outside room would be just fine! Thanks!

We are in c106 on the Sapphire and I know that there is a "huge" beam, or what ever you call it, but since this is on a balcony level will we have a door or window?

The cabin will most likely have a door. Makes coming and going so much easier. :D

I have also been very concerned about our forward cabin booked on the Island for Feb 2010. We are on the Emerald deck in E234 which is about 2 or 3 cabins forward of the stairs and elevators. We have never booked a forward cabin, but there were no other balcony rooms left in this catagory. Would be very interested in hearing from anyone with experience in this area. Thanks.

I've been far forward on the Lido deck with a balcony cabin(Star Princess) and it was fine. Never noticed too much motion, but the water's were calm. My question regarding this cabin on the Sapphire is listed as an obstructed view cabin. It is between penthouse suite cabins and a balcony cabin. I can't imagine what is obstructing the view?

Many years ago we took what they called best available on the orignial love boat - The Pacific Princess. We got the very forward cabin with port holes. It got very rough on day and they have to come in and lock close the port holes. What a ride. But it only lasted for a very hours during the day. It was a experince but we were happy just being on a cruise.

Thanks for the input! We're on the CP, and our cabins are C106, 109. They're the last ones at the front! (Would you believe that this cruise is selling out quickly?).

We are in R702 on CP sept 17..Can anyone tell me if this balcony cabin hears any noise from the 24 hr buffet above it?
Hmmm... The "CP" is the Sea Princess. There's no C106, C109 or R702 on this ship. Which ship(s) are you talking about? That would help a lot.

CP = Sea Princess

CB = Caribbean Princess

CO = Coral Princess

KP = Crown Princess

These are the 2-letter abbreviations for these ships set by Princess. If you need to know what the abbreviation is, go to www.princess.com, select Ships and a specific ship and you'll see the abbreviation in the url.

Archived