Calling all Noordam VA AFT Experts - Help Please

Seavoyage

Hi Everyone -

I was hoping someone could provide information about the Aft VA's on the beautiful Noordam.

Which deck or which VA AFT cabins would offer the largest balconies that will provide both shade and sun? Why do you prefer them?

Is deck 4 too close to the water or engine noise? Any pros or cons would be appreciated...

Thank you all in advance....

Have done the VA's on the Noordam stern a few times...they're nice...depends upon the itinerary, I suppose. We've only done the Caribbean.

The balcony space is lovely. The "cons" are that there isn't any breeze on the stern so in a very warm itinerary, such as the Caribbean, it's probably not a great place to be.

We had a deck 4 VA aft on an Alaska cruise on the Noordam in 2007. While narrow, the aft balcony was quite deep - we had a chaise lounge on it. Beautiful sweeping views!

We felt engine vibrations when maneuvering - always woke up early when we came into a port in the morning. Honestly, I don't remember how much shading the balcony had. :confused:

If I couldn't book a suite, I'd take that cabin again!

Our first cruise on the beautiful Noordam in 2006 was an upgrade to a VA balcony cabin - on deck 4 aft. We cruised from New York to as far south as Barbados and back - it was awesome - you will get both shade and sun - ample space!

Hi LindaSSF -

Would you be willing to share your cabin number? Do you mean the room was narrow? Was the balcony narrow as well? Any additional info - greatly appreciated....

Thank you for your reply

We had VA4179 and VA4181…

LOVED THEM!!!!! Little vibration and little noise, but there was vibration and noise!

We would do it again in a second.The view and the size of the verandah was SPECTACULAR!!!!

Have fun, and enjoy!!!

We had VA4179 and VA4181…

LOVED THEM!!!!! Little vibration and little noise, but there was vibration and noise!

We would do it again in a second.The view and the size of the verandah was SPECTACULAR!!!!

Have fun, and enjoy!!!

Hi ASIWISH - Thank you for your reply - do you recall if you had one or two loungers? Will the balcony fit two loungers? Thank you in advance.

We were on the Verandah deck. I honestly can't remember if we had one or two loungers. If memory serves me correctly, we had one lounger, one chair & ottoman, and one table. The verandah is not all that wide. Deep, but not wide. Hope this helps.

Hi ASIWISH - Thank you for your reply - do you recall if you had one or two loungers? Will the balcony fit two loungers? Thank you in advance.

Hi!

I'm certain someone will correct me, but because they weren't suites we just had regular chairs and "coffee" tables.

But, I could be wrong.

Hi!

I'm certain someone will correct me, but because they weren't suites we just had regular chairs and "coffee" tables.

But, I could be wrong.

Most have two chairs, I believe. And the coffee table/ottoman.

In 2009 in the Med - LOVED it!!!! We had one lounger, one small table, one chair and one ottoman. There was shade, if you wanted it, but there was also a sunny area by the railing. We thought it was the PERFECT location for the med - saying goodbye slowy to all the ports - and I took some great photos of the Stromboli volcano puffing out smoke from there! It's amazing. You'll love it.

Archived