Liquor as a Gift???

Depends..most folks are told when ordering that there will be a card in the stateroom indicating the gift and for the recipient to tell the steward when to deliver it. Then again, some stewards just go ahead and put the gift in the room instead of the card,especially if it is a TA gift. Both ways have occurred recently.

i've had it both ways - sometimes gifts are in the cabin, sometimes a card - even on the same cruise. On our last cruise someone sent us a few trays of canapes and they were all delivered on embarkation day! :eek: We were able to get the steward to take some back for later though. :)

We've used http://www.princess.com/onboard/sendagift/liquor.html

several times to order liquor and it works great. The prices are not bad and there has never been a problem with delivery. We've had a mix of how/when it is delivered believe it depends on the ship. On one occasion there was simply a card in the room, we called and it was delivered within the hour. On the Star this year shortly after we boarded (aprox 12n) the staff was busy delivering all preordered liquor to the rooms so it would have been in the cabin had we boarded a bit later. Regardless, it sure beats trying to carry it in our luggage - yep, we are guilty of having done that. :eek:

I checked out the prices of the wine because so many people say that they are very comparable... But they do seem quite inflated.

For example, I can get a bottle of Sutter Home White Zinfandel for about $6 and Princess is selling it at $20.

Yes' date=' but has anyone gone through a non-Princess source to successfully send a gift of wine/liquor to one's cabin?[/quote']

Yes, and it works great. I send gifts to clients and to myself! I have never had a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived