I am beyond NERVOUS...Help

:( So my bf and I are going on the glory this sunday leaving from Norfolk. Ship is set to arrive back to Norfolk on saturday at 6am. Problem is, we booked a roundtrip greyhound bus and the only one leaving from Norfolk that day is set for 8:30am. The bus terminal is less than 5 mins away via taxi, and less than a 20 min. walk. Do you all think we can make it if we do self debarkation? :( Any tips on how to ensure we are the first few out of the ship?

:( So my bf and I are going on the glory this sunday leaving from Norfolk. Ship is set to arrive back to Norfolk on saturday at 6am. Problem is, we booked a roundtrip greyhound bus and the only one leaving from Norfolk that day is set for 8:30am. The bus terminal is less than 5 mins away via taxi, and less than a 20 min. walk. Do you all think we can make it if we do self debarkation? :( Any tips on how to ensure we are the first few out of the ship?

You can bring your greyhound ticket confirmation to guest services and request an early self assist debarkation, they do with with early flight times. However be advised if there is any delay in customers clearing the ship theres nothing they can do about debarking pax. I am on the ship with you on sunday, SEE YOU SOON!

You can bring your greyhound ticket confirmation to guest services and request an early self assist debarkation, they do with with early flight times. However be advised if there is any delay in customers clearing the ship theres nothing they can do about debarking pax. I am on the ship with you on sunday, SEE YOU SOON!

Sweet...thanks for the good info! And yes, def. see you soon!

It sounds too close to me but I guess there is a chance you will make it. I just don't see you getting off the ship and through customs...out the door and getting a cab...riding in the cab and going through the bus terminal in time to make an 8:30 departure. You will need to get off that ship as fast as possible, self debark for sure.

Good luck, I'll be rooting for you! Let us know how it turns out when you get back. :)

I highly doubt that you will make it. By the time you clear customs it would be at least 8:00 or 8:30. I think I would be looking for a hotel in Norfolk for the night.

You can't get off the ship until it is cleared by U.S. customs :rolleyes:

Hopefully you have until 12 midnight to move out. I know its tough. Don't feel bad. Things happen. My little granddaughter has a dance recital the night before we leave. May not be problems for others, but I am the nervous type. All last minute things to do. I always say, please don't rush me. Guess I will be up all night. Her mom is not concerned, but then again she takes after her daddy, not me. :) In the past, the dance recital was always over the 2nd or 3rd week of June. NOT THIS TIME!

Carnival must have a very efficient Disembarkation proses!

Even with ship arriving in port at 6am I have never been off the ship through customs/immigration out the door and in a cab until closer to 9am.

I think its cutting it way too fine,not to mention the stress involved:eek:

Den

I've had cruises where I could have made that work and others where it would have been impossible. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and you'll be off and on your way quickly! But, do make a Plan B just in case so you'll know what you're going to do if you can't make your bus. Otherwise, you'll stress out at the end of your vacation and that's no fun!

Good luck!

Carnival must have a very efficient Disembarkation proses!

Even with ship arriving in port at 6am I have never been off the ship through customs/immigration out the door and in a cab until closer to 9am.

I think its cutting it way too fine,not to mention the stress involved:eek:

Den[/QUOT

Our last cruise was Carnival and we had a long wait to get off the ship and we had priority disembarking.

An idea or two--

Move out of the apt before the cruise. You probably can rent a storage unit for your stuff.

Or ask the landlord how much it would be to rent the apartment for another day or two. We did that when our house wasn't ready.

whoa...well thank you all for the advice. I am now officially scared.:(...and this little error will cost me over 150 bucks...for the hotel and for the additional day my landlord will charge me. sigh....

kinda starting to regret this trip...and I should be super excited right now. $2000+ in the hole and the costs keep growing. I am dead broke and I have an anxious personality. :( sigh...What kills me is now I have to be super conscious of my spending while on the cruise...I didn't want to have to worry about money.

Guys, pray for me, and I will pray for you! Thanks.

I just did a quick search, and there's a 1:20 and a 3something that comes up when you search from Norfolk to Chicago on the 2nd.

OP lives in New Jersey, though.

What about Amtrak? Are there any trains leaving later that day you can take home?

Edit: You'd have to take the bus or a taxi to Newport News to get to the station, though, so it may not be any more viable.

Greyhound often runs late. I am surprised being an anxious person that you planned the move so close or didn't rearrange the cruise. I would go nuts. Is is possible to move first and hold you items in storage or since you will already be packed up before the cruise...leave a friend or family member (that loves you VERY much) a key and to get things started for you and bring them back a NICE gift!;)

Archived