Guided Tours Israel

denby

We will be doing a Holy Land cruise on Silhouette in September. We've been looking at private tours versus ship tours in Israel. We'd appreciate feedback on Guided Tours Israel.

We used Guided Tours and had an excellent experience. The guide we had really worked with us to make sure we got to see the things we most wanted to see on our day in Jerusalemm. Guided Tours was easy to work with and always responded to my many emails and many questions. I think whenever you work with a private company, which I have done many times, you just have to make sure that you are very clear about what they are offering and discuss with them any modifications you would like. You want to be sure they are willing to work with you if you have specific things you want to do and see. I found Guided Tours to be very accommodating.

We used Guided Tours Israel for 3 1/2 days of tours in Sept 2011. They were wonderful to work with and our guides Ron for the 1st day and Barney for the other 3 were excellent. I highly recommend this company, they are professional, their guides are very informed on the country and Barney just made the whole country come alive for us. It was probably THE BEST 3 1/2 days of touring from a cruise ship we've had. Just excellent, would love to go back.

We had 4 days in israel last yr., two with GTI and two with Avi tours. Both were excellent. I thought Avi tours provided a bit more friendly service but GTI was great too. No issues with either. Our driver with GTO was Omri and he was fine. I just liked the fact that after our second day with Avi the head of the compoany called us to be sure all was well. Again both were fine. :)

I wholeheartedly endorse Avi tours.

The guide we had for our tours was an American ex patriot who knew everything and, since I planned an extensive itinerary he was surprised we were able to see everything. our group numbered 20.

AVITOURS ISRAEL

AVINOAM NEHMAD TOUR & TRAVEL SERVICES LTD.

Tel: +972-77-4041133

Fax: +972-77-4041134

Mobile: +972-54-4388055

Website www.avitours.co.il

My husband and I used Guided Tours Israel last year for two days. We picked a very specific tour with them that featured everything we wanted to see. On the first day we realized that we were not going to the places agreed upon. In fact, many people on the bus realized this and almost all were very angry. We found out later that one of the original guides had called in sick and so we were put together with another Guided Tours Israel group that was going to see completely different places. Unfortunately, we were already loaded on the bus and several miles down the road before this was realized.

Although, we did enjoy some of the places that we went to on the first day we did not get to see some of the key places that we wanted to see, including the Bahai Gardens and the fortress at Acre. Considering that there is no guarantee that we may ever go back to Israel this was pretty upsetting.

Also, our guide did not seem to know in advance of the mix up and appeared to be taken aback by the anger of some of the people on the bus. She spent a lot of time calling the company while the bus was moving and trying to help us get an explanation, but the atmosphere had already become so negative that it never really recovered. Some people called the company and complained about her specifically, which my husband and I felt was unfair to her.

The trip ended up being bitter sweet because the next day we had a new guide (his name was Mosha) who was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL and we did see the places that we were promised for our second day tour including Old Jerusalem, the holocaust museum, and a kabutz and that particular day was unforgettably wonderful.

Also, there were several people that did get there money back. We just never asked for ours.

• 2 months later...

Israeltourguide.com

The worst tour and Tour guide we ever had in 4 years Cruising europe.

Makes everybody feels Stupid if you ask a question.

Just happen that we are not Jewish, But what's wrong with asking what is

the Difference between Hebrew and Yeddish.

Her answer was , everybody knows that, sorry we dont.

Not politically correct most of the time.

We understand that she was Proud of Being from there, but no reason to

trash the other Nationalities.

Anyway , that is our 2 cents worth

We used Moti Barness. He was excellent. Alot of people on our cruise used Guided tours but with them it all depended on the tour guide they got. Moti was not an agency so when we booked him we knew he was who we would have.

I wholeheartedly endorse Avi tours.

The guide we had for our tours was an American ex patriot who knew everything and, since I planned an extensive itinerary he was surprised we were able to see everything. our group numbered 20.

AVITOURS ISRAEL

AVINOAM NEHMAD TOUR & TRAVEL SERVICES LTD.

Tel: +972-77-4041133

Fax: +972-77-4041134

Mobile: +972-54-4388055

Website www.avitours.co.il

I second this recommendation for AviTours - fantastic.

Avoid the Celebrity excursions in Israel at all cost - especially in Jerusalem.

We were happy with our 4 days with GTI last fall. We did have to pay for entrance fees to some of the sites such as Masada and Caesarea. The guides would accept US dollars and pay for us, or we could use a credit card or local currency.

We used Martin Stein for a 2 day tour in Israel when we were on the Oceania Regatta in 2009. He was great!!

We stayed overnight in Jerusalem and he recommended restaurants and activities.

He is extremely personable, knowledgeable and competent. He is not just an ordinary tour guide. He also is not the least expensive but "you pay for what you get!"

This is his website. http://www.topisraelguides.com

Bonnie

Archived