Next WOW sale - June 11th-13th

But if I wait to book the same cruise while on board (we are sailing on Enchantment 6/14) then I get the same benefits AND I can use a savings certificate???? This was stated on another thread about booking on board.

[quote name='KathyPet']But if I wait to book the same cruise while on board (we are sailing on Enchantment 6/14) then I get the same benefits AND I can use a savings certificate???? This was stated on another thread about booking on board.[/quote]

Yes..when you book onboard you get the reduced deposit..OBC AND you can either use a C&A coupon or Balcony discount if you quailify...AND if you should need to change dates or ships you can do so & keep your OBC as long as you transfer the booking #

[quote name='PH8']The WOW sale really benefits mostly those who are new cruisers....too many rules and stipulations for me......[/quote]

It's also good for cruisers who do not have access to other discounts (ie: less than platinum therefore no balcony discount, or those who are booking lower than balcony cabins).

We aren't new cruisers, but we will book during the WOW sale if we are booking inside cabins.

Really, the only way to avoid a situation like this is to wait until a promotion happens and then book. They are always running different promos, you've got the Tuesday sales, holiday sales, sales that spring up out of nowhere on certain categories, senior and residency discounts, then you got your whole travel agent option.

Personally, I wouldn't book unless I noticed a great price being offered, I wanted a specific room, or I was getting something in the way of perks.

There is no reason to book a cruise at a random price and get nothing perkwise unless you have to have that date, ship, and room.

I don't think a little bit of OBC would have been worth it to run the risk of the price going up for me personally. Would rather play it safe, and I'm glad I did. Don't think it was such a random price, it was the best deal for the time frame we were able to go, and in the end, we did need that specific date and ship(due to port) on RCI, or we'd have to find another cruise line... :) Not really complaining, mind you, it's just one of those "oh, darn!" situations! I'm sure our cruise will be splendid, $100 OBC or not :)

I think Royal should try to come up with some type of plan to benefit those of us that actually plan and book in advance. I book over a year in advance and get nothing. If I wait until the last minute, I can get all kinds of sales and now the WOW sale happens and I can't get it either. It seems like they are trying to discourage people from booking early. :(

Not really. These are not last minute salings. We are booking the Allure for next May and there are sailings with this sale that go into fall 2013.

We also are getiing 125.00 from our TA and 100 from the Wow sale. So we are good.

Here is the fine print:

The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer are applicable to all Royal Caribbean International® cruises that sail on or after August 15, 2012 including cruisetours.

Offer applies to new FIT bookings with required deposit only and is not applicable to groups. Offer applies to all categories available. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid by June 13, 2012, by 11:59 pm Local Time to qualify for the promotion.

Bookings made on June 11, 12, or 13, 2012 without required deposit will not qualify for this offer.

Offer is combinable with LAF and restricted rates (Seniors, Residents, Military).

Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits.

Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits. Cruisetour packages receive the OBC based upon the length of the Cruisetour.

Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash, is not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise.

In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply.

Offer is available in all markets, excluding Australia and New Zealand.

Any existing booking that is cancelled between June 5 and 13, 2012 and is rebooked for the same sailing on June 11, 12, or 13, 2012 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled and is reinstated or changes the ship or sail date after June 13, 2012 will not be eligible to receive the offer.

Onboard Credit will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International® within 4 weeks of the Sale.

The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit.

Subject to availability. Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy and in US dollars. Certain restrictions may apply. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this board so please excuse me if my question is redundant. I'm booked in a GS for August 19th on the Freedom, but need an extra cabin since I have more people coming.

The price for an inside across the hall from my cabin just dropped by about $400 (total) since yesterday. I did put one on a 24 hour hold last night but haven't committed, since I'm debating on whether or not to spring for the extra 1k to get the available adjoining D1 instead.

Does the hold count as a cancellation if I let it expire? I'm hoping not since I didn't put a deposit on it. It's for my cousins two underage teenage sons so I'm nervous about losing the cabin by taking a risk as I think they need to be in close proximity to where I am, but on the other hand there are several available so I'm thinking it shouldn't be too risky. Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Neda

Here is the fine print:

The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer are applicable to all Royal Caribbean International® cruises that sail on or after August 15, 2012 including cruisetours.

Offer applies to new FIT bookings with required deposit only and is not applicable to groups. Offer applies to all categories available. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid by June 13, 2012, by 11:59 pm Local Time to qualify for the promotion.

Bookings made on June 11, 12, or 13, 2012 without required deposit will not qualify for this offer.

Offer is combinable with LAF and restricted rates (Seniors, Residents, Military).

Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits.

Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits. Cruisetour packages receive the OBC based upon the length of the Cruisetour.

Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash, is not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise.

In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply.

Offer is available in all markets, excluding Australia and New Zealand.

Any existing booking that is cancelled between June 5 and 13, 2012 and is rebooked for the same sailing on June 11, 12, or 13, 2012 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled and is reinstated or changes the ship or sail date after June 13, 2012 will not be eligible to receive the offer.

Onboard Credit will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International® within 4 weeks of the Sale.

The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit.

Subject to availability. Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy and in US dollars. Certain restrictions may apply. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.

So cool, you can do it.

The price for an inside across the hall from my cabin just dropped by about $400 (total) since yesterday. I did put one on a 24 hour hold last night but haven't committed, since I'm debating on whether or not to spring for the extra 1k to get the available adjoining D1 instead.

Does the hold count as a cancellation if I let it expire? I'm hoping not since I didn't put a deposit on it. It's for my cousins two underage teenage sons so I'm nervous about losing the cabin by taking a risk as I think they need to be in close proximity to where I am, but on the other hand there are several available so I'm thinking it shouldn't be too risky. Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Neda

Whose name did you put on it? If you used your name you're probably ok. You can let the hold expire (or cancel it) and use the correct names of your cousins and it will be a new booking. Otherwise, it is considered a booking.

Whose name did you put on it? If you used your name you're probably ok. You can let the hold expire (or cancel it) and use the correct names of your cousins and it will be a new booking. Otherwise, it is considered a booking.

Yep. A hold is a booking even without deposit. If the same names appear on the same ship/sail date it will not get the benefits.

Yep. A hold is a booking even without deposit. If the same names appear on the same ship/sail date it will not get the benefits.

So again, from what I read you can book a new reservation, that is a different date, with a deposit, and as long as you are within the guidelines you cancell your previous date?

So again, from what I read you can book a new reservation, that is a different date, with a deposit, and as long as you are within the guidelines you cancell your previous date?

Yes.

Say you currently have a sailing for Oasis on September 8 and you book Allure September 9 during the WOW Sale. You can cancel Oasis September 8 and receive a refund (pending there is no cx penalty owed). That is fine and lots of people do it if their dates are flexible.

What you cannot do is then change your WOW Sale booking (Allure September 9) to Oasis September 8. The terms state that if you ever change your WOW Sale ship or sail date you forfeit the benefits. You also cannot create a new Oasis September 8 booking and cancel your original Oasis September 8 booking and receive the WOW Sale benefits.

Morning! :cool:

I am thinking about booking a cruise today with the WOW sale (4-night on the Monarch, Sept. 10th). I was planning on waiting until closer to the date and trying to get a last minute deal, but now I'm thinking about going for it.

Prices are $239 per person interior and $269 per person oceanview. In April I was able to go $180 per person oceanview by waiting until last minute, so I'm still questioning if I should book now and get the $50 OBC or wait. What would you do?

Also, I am thinking about booking interior, and watching for price drops even after final payment to be able to upgrade to oceanview for the same price- think I have a chance?

Lastly- I have a question about the OBC. I went through and did a dummy reservation and got up until payment and I didn't see any information about getting the $50 OBC. This does apply to all ressies right? Wouldn't it say something at booking?? I only saw it on the main page before I clicked to find a reservation.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and feedback!! :)

If you book it online:

The OBC will not be added to the eligible bookings

until later and the full deposit amount will be reflected on the invoice. Payment of the reduced deposit amount will be

accepted though.

However,if you feel more comfortable,why not;) call them and book on the phone??

Archived