Next WOW sale - June 11th-13th

We have a late winter cruise in mind but I would rather wait for the next sale. Is there a pattern to their sales? i know they are usually on a Tuesday, but am wondering if there might be one coming up soon? Any thoughts?

We have a late winter cruise in mind but I would rather wait for the next sale. Is there a pattern to their sales? i know they are usually on a Tuesday, but am wondering if there might be one coming up soon? Any thoughts?

WOW sales tend to be twice a year, in Spring and Fall. The last one was May, so expect another around October. There may be one in the interim also, no way to predict. Bear in mind that a WOW sale does not have lower prices. Just a lower deposit and an on board credit, which is $100 per cabin for a 7 day cruise. The way prices are rising (at least on the cruises I'm watching), waiting to book may well lose you the benefit of the on board credit because of price hikes.

WOW sales tend to be twice a year, in Spring and Fall. The last one was May, so expect another around October. There may be one in the interim also, no way to predict. Bear in mind that a WOW sale does not have lower prices. Just a lower deposit and an on board credit, which is $100 per cabin for a 7 day cruise. The way prices are rising (at least on the cruises I'm watching), waiting to book may well lose you the benefit of the on board credit because of price hikes.

I know what you mean about the price increases! Unbelievable! Part of the fun is in planning and comparing cruises and then finally making that decision. I used our next cruise certificate on our Jewel booking, so I was hoping for that lower deposit and OBC:D. I suppose I will have to bite the bullet and book. I just don't like tying up that much for a deposit.

It will be worth it when we leave Illinois weather in Feb!

• 2 weeks later...

i heart wow sales soooo much! when you're paying for several people a reduced deposit makes a HUGE difference. after that little payments are no problem but coming up with a big chunk for a deposit is always the hardest! excited about wow!

Next WOW sale is June 11th-13th........for cruises departing after Aug 15,2012.

Limited offerings..or open bookings on all itineraries sailing after Aug 15th...?

here are the terms and conditions as stated in the email

TERMS & CONDITIONS

*^ The 50% reduced deposit can also be applied via any automated booking tool (Cruisematch®, Sabre, Amadeus, Galileo or Wordspan). However, the booking confirmation will not reflect the reduced deposit amount due. The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer are applicable to all Royal Caribbean International® cruises that sail on or after August 15, 2012 including cruisetours. Offer applies to new FIT bookings with required deposit only and is not applicable to groups. Offer applies to all categories available. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid by June 13, 2012, by 11:59 pm Local Time to qualify for the promotion. Bookings made on June 11, 12, or 13, 2012 without required deposit will not qualify for this offer. Offer is combinable with LAF and restricted rates (Seniors, Residents, Military). Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits. Cruisetour packages receive the OBC based upon the length of the Cruisetour. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash, is not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. Offer is available in all markets, excluding Australia and New Zealand. Any existing booking that is cancelled between June 5 and 13, 2012 and is rebooked for the same sailing on June 11, 12, or 13, 2012 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled and is reinstated or changes the ship or sail date after June 13, 2012 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Onboard Credit will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International® within 4 weeks of the Sale. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit. Subject to availability. Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy and in US dollars. Certain restrictions may apply. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.

We are not booked yet but a TA quoted us $100 OBC for our 6 night cruise. Should I also receive the WOW OBC making it possibly $200? Just want to be prepared with what to expect when talking to my TA about this. We have 5 cabins.

here are the terms and conditions as stated in the email

TERMS & CONDITIONS

... The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit....

Does this mean that a reservation would need to be made directly with Royal Caribbean, or would the reduced deposit/credit if the reservation were made via a Travel Agent?

Not true... depends on the length of the cruise

I was out and on my phone....too late to edit,but wanted to add.

3-5 nights=$50 OBC

6-9 nts= $100 OBC

10+ nts= $200

Does this mean that a reservation would need to be made directly with Royal Caribbean, or would the reduced deposit/credit if the reservation were made via a Travel Agent?

You can book either thru RCCL or a TA..:)

Of course the next WOW sale finally comes up! I just changed my cruise on the Monarch from September 24 to September 3! I would have been stupid not to - saved $150 on my SOV cabin my simply changing my sailing date! Thank goodness for resident rate specials!

Archived