Next WOW sale - June 11th-13th

[quote name='AmandaKaye79'][COLOR=purple]I think Royal should try to come up with some type of plan to benefit those of us that actually plan and book in advance. I book over a year in advance and get nothing. If I wait until the last minute, I can get all kinds of sales and now the WOW sale happens and I can't get it either. It seems like they are trying to discourage people from booking early. :([/COLOR][/quote]
That topic has come up many times and it is true.........most times it is better to wait,unless you want a specific cabin or want to book a popular cruise that might sell out(i.e the Jewel's WB transatlantics)

[quote name='AmandaKaye79'][COLOR=purple] It seems like they are trying to discourage people from booking early. :([/COLOR][/quote]

I think it's just that they are looking at all kinds of gimmicky ways to book cabins, rather than a straightforward, book early get the best deal approach.

So many promos recently: kids cruise free, no airfare, bogos, another wow sale...GS cheaper than Ds, then price back up, then cheap W guarantee, then back on sale, all in a couple of days. Just pricing weirdness.

I wish they would just price things better to start with.

[quote name='AmandaKaye79'][COLOR=purple]Booked a cruise for Summer 2013. The price is the same as when I booked. Can't I just cancel the cruise and then rebook it to get the WOW sale obc and reduced deposits?[/COLOR][/quote]
Usually this will not work as they keep track of cancellations right before the sale.

[quote name='PH8']That topic has come up many times and it is true.........most times it is better to wait,unless you want a specific cabin or want to book a popular cruise that might sell out(i.e the Jewel's WB transatlantics)[/quote]

Wait, but keep watching once you decide on what you want. I've seen cheap pricing on specific categories that comes and goes well before final, but it is completely unexepected and you have to be watching to get it.

[quote]Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, [b]Shareholder Benefits[/b][/quote]

So does this mean you cannot add on OBC as a shareholder.

Thanks

FB

[quote name='AmandaKaye79'][COLOR=purple]I asked this on another board, but I figured I would get more replies here. I have booked a cruise for Summer 2013. The rates are the same as when I booked. Can't I just cancel the cruise and then rebook to get the WOW sale OBC?[/COLOR][/quote]
Nope, Royal keeps track of cancellations for some period of time before the WOW sale.

[quote name='AmandaKaye79'][COLOR=purple]I asked this on another board, but I figured I would get more replies here. I have booked a cruise for Summer 2013. The rates are the same as when I booked. Can't I just cancel the cruise and then rebook to get the WOW sale OBC?[/COLOR][/quote]

Below is off of RCCL's website:

[SIZE=1]Any existing booking that is cancelled between June 5 and 13, 2012 and is rebooked for the same sailing on June 11, 12, or 13, 2012 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled and is reinstated or changes the ship or sail date after June 13, 2012 will not be eligible to receive the offer[/SIZE]

Ok here is a question???...What if you booked a WOW cruise and did not cancel your current booking.

Providing that you are still within a comfortable cancelation zone, could you take advantage of the benfits that way, and then...cancel before final payment was due the first cruise ???

[quote name='Heidils']Ok here is a question???...What if you booked a WOW cruise and did not cancel your current booking.

Providing that you are still within a comfortable cancelation zone, could you take advantage of the benfits that way, and then...cancel before final payment was due the first cruise ???[/quote]

You could do that, I guess. Obviously have to be different dates.
Wouldn't benefit AmandaKaye79, if she were set on that particular date.

[quote name='Heidils']Ok here is a question???...What if you booked a WOW cruise and did not cancel your current booking.

Providing that you are still within a comfortable cancelation zone, could you take advantage of the benfits that way, and then...cancel before final payment was due the first cruise ???[/quote]

[COLOR=purple]hmm. Interesting.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple]Here is an idea from someone on the other board... don't cancel the first cruise. If you aren't set on a date, you can just book a new cruise one week earlier or later and get the OBC. Then cancel the first booking after the WOW sale is over. You will get your deposit back and you will then have the OBC for your sailing. This only works if your dates are flexible.[/COLOR]

How unfortunate for me, as I just booked a cruise on the 5th. At least it's really only $100 that I'd be getting compared to the thousands I'm spending on the vacation... But still, how frustrating :( It's not worth $100 to try some shenanigans like changing our cruise date and canceling the current cruise and whatnot.

[quote name='avazah']How unfortunate for me, as I just booked a cruise on the 5th. [/quote]

Really, the only way to avoid a situation like this is to wait until a promotion happens and then book. They are always running different promos, you've got the Tuesday sales, holiday sales, sales that spring up out of nowhere on certain categories, senior and residency discounts, then you got your whole travel agent option.

Personally, I wouldn't book unless I noticed a great price being offered, I wanted a specific room, or I was getting something in the way of perks.

There is no reason to book a cruise at a random price and get nothing perkwise unless you have to have that date, ship, and room.

I am new with the WOW sales- have never booked during one. Last cruise we went on we got a steal about 2-3 weeks prior to the cruise date, and so we were planning on doing that again for the Sept 10th cruise on the Monarch we want to do.

Would there be an incentive to booking it during the WOW sale? Are the cruises themselves discounted at all, or is there just on-board credit offerred and the discounted deposit?

Thanks in advance! :)

[quote name='zetalove08']I am new with the WOW sales- have never booked during one. Last cruise we went on we got a steal about 2-3 weeks prior to the cruise date, and so we were planning on doing that again for the Sept 10th cruise on the Monarch we want to do.

Would there be an incentive to booking it during the WOW sale? Are the cruises themselves discounted at all, or is there just on-board credit offerred and the discounted deposit?

Thanks in advance! :)[/quote]
Just obc and reduced deposit.........there are certain rules for WOW sales.

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1642202&page=3[/url]

[quote name='PH8']Just obc and reduced deposit.........there are certain rules for WOW sales.

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1642202&page=3[/URL][/quote]

oh ok so no actual discounts then? hmm not sure if it's worth it then!

what if we do book at the price it's listed as and get the on board credit and the price drops as the cruise gets closer, can we at least upgrade from say interior to oceanview (if oceanview becomes same price we paid for interior) or is that not allowed if you book during the WOW sale?

[quote name='zetalove08']oh ok so no actual discounts then? hmm not sure if it's worth it then!

what if we do book at the price it's listed as and get the on board credit and the price drops as the cruise gets closer, can we at least upgrade from say interior to oceanview (if oceanview becomes same price we paid for interior) or is that not allowed if you book during the WOW sale?[/quote]

It's not that there are never any discounts, just that the purpose of 'wow' is reduced booking fee and obc.

You can get a price drop if you see one before final, or maybe upgrade if applicable. You just can't change your ship or sail date.

[quote name='zetalove08']oh ok so no actual discounts then? hmm not sure if it's worth it then!

what if we do book at the price it's listed as and get the on board credit and the price drops as the cruise gets closer, can we at least upgrade from say interior to oceanview (if oceanview becomes same price we paid for interior) or is that not allowed if you book during the WOW sale?[/quote]

Proir to final payment, you'll get the price adjustment (unless it's one of those Tuesday sales for new bookings only).

After final payment, you can only upgrade.

It appears from reading the E Mail on this that I obtain the same benefits from booking during the WOW sale as I would get for doing a booking while on board ($100.00 OBC credit per cabin and reduced deposit of $125.00 pp). Is this correct????

Can I use a Savings certificate towards the price of the cruise I book????

Archived