Best Beaches?

ylojerseygirl

Hi,

We'll be on the Princess Sapphire for our honeymoon and looking to relax, no strict schedule or super-active tours. Can anyone recommend a beautiful beach, or maybe a resort with day passes that might fit the bill? or if any private tour operators might cater to a less sight-seeing intensive couple? we are on Hilo, Maui, Kauai, and Honolulu. I appreciate ALL suggestions!!!

Hi,

We'll be on the Princess Sapphire for our honeymoon and looking to relax, no strict schedule or super-active tours. Can anyone recommend a beautiful beach, or maybe a resort with day passes that might fit the bill? or if any private tour operators might cater to a less sight-seeing intensive couple? we are on Hilo, Maui, Kauai, and Honolulu. I appreciate ALL suggestions!!!

The best beach on Maui is Ka'anapali. This comes from someone living there.

Congrats on your wedding!

OK, some research is in order. Start by reading on this board. First, every beach in Hawaii is a public beach. The hotels don't own, nor restrict them. However, you also don't get chairs, towels or any service on them.

Second, Kaanapali is a great beach. But if you are coming ashore at Kapalui, Maui, you are at least 45 minutes away, and need transport. Parking is a problem. Or, if you are coming ashore in Lahaina, you are 10-15 minutes away, but still need transport.

So there is lots of research for you to do, and there is tons of info on this board if you do some reading.

Pretty sure the name of your ship is the Sapphire Princess.

Congrats on your wedding!

OK, some research is in order. Start by reading on this board. First, every beach in Hawaii is a public beach. The hotels don't own, nor restrict them. However, you also don't get chairs, towels or any service on them.

Second, Kaanapali is a great beach. But if you are coming ashore at Kapalui, Maui, you are at least 45 minutes away, and need transport. Parking is a problem. Or, if you are coming ashore in Lahaina, you are 10-15 minutes away, but still need transport.

So there is lots of research for you to do, and there is tons of info on this board if you do some reading.

Pretty sure the name of your ship is the Sapphire Princess.

If you're port is Lahaina - just take the free shuttle to Whalers Village or the public BUS. Whalers Village is in the heart of Ka'anapali. The last stop on the BUS is Whalers Village.

On Kauai ....near where the ship docks, is a beach at the foot of a resort. This is a very nice beach, and gentle wave action near the shore.

It is a 10 to 15 min. walk at most. However there is usually a shuttle from the ship to a strip mall that is close to the beach, and cuts the walk time down to 5 minutes.

The name of this beach is Kalapaki. My wife and I have swam, surfed (wife), and relaxed thre many times. Also, there is a "Dukes" on the beach there....if you need some chow or drinks.

Chuck

I think out of all the beaches in Hawaii, my favorite one is Waikiki beach. Just check out this picture:

Waikiki-Beach-Oahu-Hawaii-4.jpg

When I go there, I normally stay at the beach towers, which is right near the beach, so you don't need to go too far and the window view is just lovely!

Although you need to be careful because lately Waikiki beach is holding top spots in the number of spinal injuries! :eek:

Archived