Cat 4J on Magic

daijayx2

Hello all. I have researched the 4j cat staterooms and I am thinking I am interested in one.

I know some are HC and I don't want to book one of those in fear of being bumped or possibly preventing someone who needs a hc room from getting one. I was wondering how I can tell what rooms are not hc and ALSO what cabins if not all on the Magic has sofas in the 4j's.

Thanks so much!

Melissa

Hello all. I have researched the 4j cat staterooms and I am thinking I am interested in one.

I know some are HC and I don't want to book one of those in fear of being bumped or possibly preventing someone who needs a hc room from getting one. I was wondering how I can tell what rooms are not hc and ALSO what cabins if not all on the Magic has sofas in the 4j's.

Thanks so much!

Melissa

Carnival Magic Cabin Descriptions Deck 1 Deck 2 Deck 6 Deck 7 Deck 8 Deck 9 Deck 10: Lido Deck 11 Deck 12: Spa & SportNo inside cabins have sofa's...which is what the 4J category is...even though it has a window looking onto a great deck. We have used these cabins many times. Click on each deck and it will give you a description..and which one is H/C.....go to deck 7. You will see in big letters...7207 is HC.

Please go to Carnival.com and go to special needs and the HC cabins should be listed there for all the ships. You can also call Carnival and find out which cabins are HC.

Our 4J on the Valor did have a sofa as it was a cabin that held 3 of us and the sofa was also the third bed.

I appreciate you trying not to book a HC cabin. It is very good karma. I wish you a wonderful cruise.

Most 4J catogory cabins do not have sofa's but a few do. We have cabin 6201 booked on the Magic and it does have a sofa. You can check ********************/ there are a few pics of some 4J's there.

The website is ** out but I did see some on cruise line rooms dot com not sure If that was the website you posted but I seen some sofas in a few pics of the 4j rooms that's why I asked this ? Thank you so much for the help. I wonder if the other 4j's on the upper deck have sofas as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please go to Carnival.com and go to special needs and the HC cabins should be listed there for all the ships. You can also call Carnival and find out which cabins are HC. I appreciate you trying not to book a HC cabin. It is very good karma. I wish you a wonderful cruise.

I used to be able to got to carnival.com and then click on special needs .. now I cant find it.. do you know where it is now?? Used to be a link on the front page.

I used to be able to got to carnival.com and then click on special needs .. now I cant find it.. do you know where it is now?? Used to be a link on the front page.
\

Do you mean this??

Guests with disabilities:

• Anyone has the ability to book a modified cabin designed for guests with disabilities.
  • Carnival's policy is if you don't need and/or aren't qualified for a modified cabin you have to agree before booking it that you are willing to be moved to another cabin if someone with disabilities needs it. This will be in the same cabin category or higher, depending on what is available at that time.
  • Unfortunately, Carnival has been known not to track this information as closely as they should. This in turn has brought added issues and delays in getting passengers with disabilities into these cabins.
  • We suggest if you really don't need one don't book it.
  • All passengers with special needs should also submit a Special Needs Form. This will help to inform Carnival of your specific needs so they can accommodate you to the best of their ability.

\

Do you mean this??

Guests with disabilities:

• Anyone has the ability to book a modified cabin designed for guests with disabilities.
  • Carnival's policy is if you don't need and/or aren't qualified for a modified cabin you have to agree before booking it that you are willing to be moved to another cabin if someone with disabilities needs it. This will be in the same cabin category or higher, depending on what is available at that time.
  • Unfortunately, Carnival has been known not to track this information as closely as they should. This in turn has brought added issues and delays in getting passengers with disabilities into these cabins.
  • We suggest if you really don't need one don't book it.
  • All passengers with special needs should also submit a Special Needs Form. This will help to inform Carnival of your specific needs so they can accommodate you to the best of their ability.

No, I mean the link to all the carnival deck plans that show the HC cabins in another color for HC.

not some verbage which to me means little to nothing to figure out which cabins are HC.

You used to be able to click on special needs on the home page and it would take you to a page where you clicked on your ship .... I want the Magic deck plans with HC marked.

Please go to Carnival.com and go to special needs and the HC cabins should be listed there for all the ships. You can also call Carnival and find out which cabins are HC.

Our 4J on the Valor did have a sofa as it was a cabin that held 3 of us and the sofa was also the third bed.

I appreciate you trying not to book a HC cabin. It is very good karma. I wish you a wonderful cruise.

I found exactly what your talking about and see that none of the 4j's on the upper deck are marked as HC and only the end rooms on empress are marked HC.

Awesome! Thanks so much for this info. And thank you for the well wishes! I completely understand that HC accessible rooms are made for people who need them. My daughter has special needs. She has Arthogryposis. She has limited movement and flexibility with her arms and hands.

She was born this way and has had tremendous progress since birth.

There is almost nothing she CAN't do! But her fine motor and simple things to most of everyone else are not as simple to her such as the turn of a door knob. But she makes it happen! She won't be joining me on this cruise. She has only cruised once but never needed any special accommodations.

Thank you all for the help.

Dont see the links to all the ships deck plans .. maybe im blind?? lots more verbage but no listing of ships where you just click on each one to see the HC cabins .. but dont see the HC deck plans and listing by ship which used to be so easy to get to.

Each ship had deck plans that showed in a different color .. used to be two clicks and now they hid it.

Dont see the links to all the ships deck plans .. maybe im blind?? lots more verbage but no listing of ships where you just click on each one to see the HC cabins .. but dont see the HC deck plans and listing by ship which used to be so easy to get to.

Each ship had deck plans that showed in a different color .. used to be two clicks and now they hid it.

I posted that above...click on the decks and it has the HC in different colors...

This is the info that I found also, I went to carnival.com Scrolled to the bottom and clicked need help? Then clicked on guests with special needs and then clicked the link to my ship.

Hope that helps.

Archived