Truimph balcony divider question

jchristie

Does anyone know if you can have the balcony dividers taken down if you and another couple traveling with you are rooming right beside each other on the Triumph?

What are the room numbers?....some do...some don't

we have not booked yet, but we were wondering if they did which ones to try and book.

This will be time consuming for you...but click on each deck to see the cabin descriptions....the balconies will tell you if the divider can be removed...good luck

Stateroom Descriptions Deck 1: Riviera Deck 2: Main Deck 6: Upper Deck 7: Empress Deck 8: Verandah Deck 9: Lido Deck 10: Panorama Deck 11: Spa

This will be time consuming for you...but click on each deck to see the cabin descriptions....the balconies will tell you if the divider can be removed...good luck

Stateroom Descriptions Deck 1: Riviera Deck 2: Main Deck 6: Upper Deck 7: Empress Deck 8: Verandah Deck 9: Lido Deck 10: Panorama Deck 11: Spa

THANKS! that is awesome!

OH...AND PS....keep in mind that all even numbered cabins are on one side of the ship and odd on the other...you should have a deck plan in front of you so you can see where the cabins are.

so basically if it says "connecting balconies" then the divider can come down right? or am I reading this wrong?

Cabin 7211 8B 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 7217

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Smoking permitted on balcony only

This is an example....it says above...connecting balconies:7217

SO.....you have to be careful and make sure you would get rooms 7211 and 7217 because the cabin on the OTHER side of 7211 may not be connecting....understand?

As I said...please make sure you look at the deck plan. Do you have the link for that or do you need one?

Cabin 7211 8B 185/35 sq ft

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 7217

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

This is an example....it says above...connecting balconies:7217

SO.....you have to be careful and make sure you would get rooms 7211 and 7217 because the cabin on the OTHER side of 7211 may not be connecting....understand?

As I said...please make sure you look at the deck plan. Do you have the link for that or do you need one?

thanks - that is what I was thinking it meant. I have a deck plan thanks for all of your help!

Does anyone know if you can have the balcony dividers taken down if you and another couple traveling with you are rooming right beside each other on the Triumph?

they all swing back.

when we toured that ship, as well as sailing on it, on the last morning, they were all swung open to do one massive cleaning. i suppose that was the main reason they built it this way.

on this class ship, just ask your stweard to open it for you.

they all swing back.

when we toured that ship, as well as sailing on it, on the last morning, they were all swung open to do one massive cleaning. i suppose that was the main reason they built it this way.

on this class ship, just ask your stweard to open it for you.

Not according to the descriptions as per Carnival...these are the first two that I pulled up:

Cabin 7207 8B 185/35 sq ft

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: no

Cabin 7208 8B 185/35 sq ft

Not according to the descriptions as per Carnival...these are the first two that I pulled up:

Cabin 7207 8B 185/35 sq ft

Cabin 7208 8B 185/35 sq ft

i'm just telling you what i saw. i wanted to walk down the side of the ship but wasn't sure if all the rooms were vacated, and didn't want to be trespassing or see something i shouldn't.

i do know some of the rooms don't line up right, so opening them and anchoring them could potentially back the door to the stateroom. we had that with 3 dividers open for 4 rooms, but we just swung the door the other way, and held it in place with a chair.

From what I have read some you can have your steward open and some you may have to go to guest services. The ones on the listing that show they are connecting you can ask your Steward to open. The other ones when opened would block the door of one of the rooms. That is the problem. They dividers are not removed, they are actually unlocked and swung open. The ones that are connecting swing open and do not block the door to the balcony.

From what I have read some you can have your steward open and some you may have to go to guest services. The ones on the listing that show they are connecting you can ask your Steward to open. The other ones when opened would block the door of one of the rooms. That is the problem. They dividers are not removed, they are actually unlocked and swung open. The ones that are connecting swing open and do not block the door to the balcony.

guest service requests are only necessary on the 4 spirit class vessels.

Interesting information!

We were in cabin 6459 and my BIL was in 6451 which are connected and do have a divider that can be opened. As soon as we got into the room I called the number for our cabin steward and requested that the divider be opened. I was told that the request would be submitted but that sometimes the dividers can't be opened and that it was up to the bridge / captain.

To make a long story short. We made several additional requests to the cabin steward and still no open divider. On the third morning I went to Guest Services and they looked at the deck plan and said that the divider should be able to be opened but it was up to the bridge / captain. She said that she would let me know one way or the other.

Well, the divider was never opened and we were never informed that it couldn't be opened. I have no problem with the divider not being opened for whatever reason but I do have a problem with the complete lack of communication.

I do find it interesting that on the Go CCL Page (Carnival's travel agent portal) page provided earlier. Cabin 6459 has a connecting balcony of 6461 which is the aft wrap cabin that was to the right of ours but cabin 6451 is not listed as a connecting balcony. Cabin 6451 has no connecting balconies listed. If this information is available to the public then why are the ships not getting the same info that can be shared with the passengers?

Just thought I would share this info. It had no impact on our cruise which we loved and had a great time on.

i'm just telling you what i saw. i wanted to walk down the side of the ship but wasn't sure if all the rooms were vacated, and didn't want to be trespassing or see something i shouldn't.

i do know some of the rooms don't line up right, so opening them and anchoring them could potentially back the door to the stateroom. we had that with 3 dividers open for 4 rooms, but we just swung the door the other way, and held it in place with a chair.

ALL dividers open for the cleaning of the open decks-- but when passengers are in cabin not all the dividers can be opened because some of them block the entry to the cabin door.

ALL dividers open for the cleaning of the open decks-- but when passengers are in cabin not all the dividers can be opened because some of them block the entry to the cabin door.

Thank you for clarifying. I knew there had to be some sort of explanation...:)

thanks all! We are hoping to book for Dec. and have a couple that has never cruised before going with us. We wanted to be able to open our two balconies so that way we can hand out together when we don't want to be on the one of the main decks....

Either way I am sure we will have a blast. It will be me and hubbies 3rd one and we are excited!

Archived