Borrow Iron on Epic

doemichael

Irons are no more of a "fire hazard" than any other electrical appliance with a heating element. It's simply that some cruiselines don't want you to do anything on your own that they can charge you for...hence, the "no iron" thing!

Some cruiselines have laundries and ironing rooms.....some don't, and require you to use THEIR services for a fee.

Reading the booklet I received with my tickets it says "irons can be requested at front desk "

Anyone done this ? Are they is ready supply and do you get it for a limited time only ?

Thanks

I've had no problem getting an iron/ironing board when I was on the Epic. Simply call housekeeping and if they have one available they will deliver it within a few minutes. They usually tell me they will be back in a couple of hours to pick it up but I always just called when I was done with it early so that someone else would have a chance to use it if there was a waiting list.

Irons are no more of a "fire hazard" than any other electrical appliance with a heating element. It's simply that some cruiselines don't want you to do anything on your own that they can charge you for...hence, the "no iron" thing!

Some cruiselines have laundries and ironing rooms.....some don't, and require you to use THEIR services for a fee.

NCL certainly don't charge for using irons, in my ( limited ) experience. We just asked the room steward, who brought us one within moments. We used it, left it in our cabin, went for dinner and it was gone when we came back.:)

I've had no problem getting an iron/ironing board when I was on the Epic. Simply call housekeeping and if they have one available they will deliver it within a few minutes. They usually tell me they will be back in a couple of hours to pick it up but I always just called when I was done with it early so that someone else would have a chance to use it if there was a waiting list.

NCL certainly don't charge for using irons, in my ( limited ) experience. We just asked the room steward, who brought us one within moments. We used it, left it in our cabin, went for dinner and it was gone when we came back.:)

Thanks handy to know as even though I have ironed clothes an packed some things will need don agan lol

Archived