VISION/ vision class ship's opinions please

Hi, I am planning on cruising on the 10 day Vision in November and not sure which stateroom to choose. 7040 or 3120. My concern with both are what's on the deck above. 7040 has part of the promenade and guest services on the deck above. Will I hear people walking up there? I know there will be music filtering in from Centrum and that's okay. 3120 is under the dining room. I have been below the dining room on Carnival ships and never heard a sound. Never had a room on Royal under MDR. Will I hear a lot of noise.....Also I am concerned about reviews of some unsanitary conditions. I can not find any CDC reports on the ship past 2008 so I am concerned that she might not be ship shape.

We had a stateroom on Deck 4, and didn't hear any extra noise. We liked it because we only needed to walk down the hallway to the MDR.

Thanks knittinggirl:) How many rooms off the Centrum were you? If you don't mind me asking?

Twice on Enchantment, we had our cabin just a few doors in from the Centrum on Deck 4 and never heard any noise at all. We have the same location on Deck 4 on Grandeur next year. We really like that location.

Twice on Enchantment, we had our cabin just a few doors in from the Centrum on Deck 4 and never heard any noise at all. We have the same location on Deck 4 on Grandeur next year. We really like that location.

Thank you KeywestK. I am leaning toward deck 4 now. It's only $80 p.p more than deck 3.

What "unsanitary" conditions are you referring to? The "sewer smell"? That can (and does) happen on every ship from time to time....

RCI spends alot of money on their ships...they do keep them in good shape! You may find a smudge on a wall, or a bare spot on the carpet....but that's just part of the wear and tear that a highly used ship gets! I've never been on a "dirty" ship...ever.

What "unsanitary" conditions are you referring to? The "sewer smell"? That can (and does) happen on every ship from time to time....

RCI spends alot of money on their ships...they do keep them in good shape! You may find a smudge on a wall, or a bare spot on the carpet....but that's just part of the wear and tear that a highly used ship gets! I've never been on a "dirty" ship...ever.

No, not that. I have experienced the smell on many ships. A smudge ,scrape or tear does not bother me in the least. I have them in my own home.I was referring to reviews about unclean public bathrooms, commodes backing up. Also concerned that the ship has not had a CDC inspection after 2008 (that I could find). I have been cruising with Royal since 1979 and know how well maintained their ships are.I choose to cruise with them more than any other cruise line. However on older ships plumbing problems occur. Sighted issues by the CDC with food and water storage not up to code, galley prep areas not up to code, food temp issues etc, etc. are corrected because of CDC inspections. I don't know if these issues are addressed in the same manner with ships that home port year round outside the U.S.

You're very welcome! I say go for it. You will like the location a lot!:)

I went for it!!! Can't wait as my partner and I will both be celebrating birthdays on board and love Royal Caribbean champagne bar's. Which will be stumbling distance from our stateroom.:D

I went for it!!! Can't wait as my partner and I will both be celebrating birthdays on board and love Royal Caribbean champagne bar's. Which will be stumbling distance from our stateroom.:D

LOL, you sound like my kind of people! I love that the Champagne bar is practically outside our door too.....;):D

Early Happy Birthday to both of you. We will also be celebrating DH's birthday when we are on Grandeur....lol, like we need an excuse to cruise.....:D

LOL, you sound like my kind of people! I love that the Champagne bar is practically outside our door too.....;):D

Early Happy Birthday to both of you. We will also be celebrating DH's birthday when we are on Grandeur....lol, like we need an excuse to cruise.....:D

Thank you very much. A happy B-day back at your hubby and bon voyage to you both!!! I have not cruised to Bermuda since I was a teenager. Always liked the pink sand at Sonesta Beach. Remember the old Rotterdam and Oceanic out of New York? Now that was cruising!!!

Archived