Booked a pack and go rate

I just booked a pack n go rate today for a quick getaway at the end of July. Couldnt beat the price, and DH has two weeks vacation at the end of July - so I begged my employer to let me have the time off.

I will be on Glory. What do you all think of this ship?

How exactly does the pack n go rate? I know you can end up with any room, but is there any way to find out where? Can you keep searching for rooms by doing mock bookings and see what is available and figure, must be one of those? Do they actually wait until the day you sail to assign you or beforehand?

Never have done a pack and go before, so sorry for all the questions.

I just booked a pack n go rate today for a quick getaway at the end of July. Couldnt beat the price, and DH has two weeks vacation at the end of July - so I begged my employer to let me have the time off.

How exactly does the pack n go rate? I know you can end up with any room, but is there any way to find out where? Can you keep searching for rooms by doing mock bookings and see what is available and figure, must be one of those? Do they actually wait until the day you sail to assign you or beforehand?

no way to really know, all you can do is sign in and check until you see a cabin...

checking availability only shows 10 cabins per selection so you could get something not on the list...

most of the time you get something in the category you booked (inside, oceanview, etc) but you could get lucky with an upgrade.

you may get a cabin assignment tomorrow, you may get one a week before sailing and anywhere in between.

I booked a pack and go balcony, and got a mid ship extended balcony (a small upgrade)

Good luck

OMGOSH I almost booked that!! hey we're waiting for you in the room

We were on the Glory in March. It was great.We had tons of fun. Let me know if I can answer anything more specific.

You might know your cabin room number tomorrow or you might know on day of sailing. Any where in between is also a possibility!:) Your mock booking idea is good. Who knows,You could make a game out of it with travel partner,whoever guesses closest buys DOD for the other;)

Have a great cruise!

Good for you! I'm on the 6/23 Glory 5 day sailing with a pack and go rate too. Not to mention numbers here but I booked when it dropped to the same price you just got. It's the lowest I've seen it:D. We got a bargain!

It took about 2 weeks to get the cabin assignment and I wound up on deck 9 forward which I was very happy about. There was really no way to logic out what room they were going to give. After the assignment, there were still rooms available on all decks so it wasn't like they filled a certain deck first.

BTW - I never received an email with my cabin number. Just keep checking your online account.

Glory is a great ship. Don't miss the Fish and Chips in the upper dinning room area!

Why is everyone but me seeing pack & go rates? I have checked all day and see nada!

They show up Wednesday to Friday. I find them by checking the cruise I'm interested in online. But there is a master list at the link below.

https://www.goccl.com/content/specials/documents/PKGO.pdf

The strange part on the list I see the cruise at $279$529 but on the website it's at $299/$549. Hey OP - this might be your ticket to save $20pp if you give them a call.

Edited by jeansaussie1

OMGOSH I almost booked that!! hey we're waiting for you in the room

Book it and go! Rates are great right now!

Sorry, I've been so busy tonight and could not go to the room ...I will try to get there this weekend sometime - be there or be square! LOL:D

They show up Wednesday to Friday. I find them by checking the cruise I'm interested in online. But there is a master list at the link below.

The strange part on the list I see the cruise at $279$529 but on the website it's at $299/$549. Hey OP - this might be your ticket to save $20pp if you give them a call.

Thanks so much for the useful info. I have sent an email with the info to my PVP.

Good for you! I'm on the 6/23 Glory 5 day sailing with a pack and go rate too. Not to mention numbers here but I booked when it dropped to the same price you just got. It's the lowest I've seen it:D. We got a bargain!

It took about 2 weeks to get the cabin assignment and I wound up on deck 9 forward which I was very happy about. There was really no way to logic out what room they were going to give. After the assignment, there were still rooms available on all decks so it wasn't like they filled a certain deck first.

BTW - I never received an email with my cabin number. Just keep checking your online account.

Glory is a great ship. Don't miss the Fish and Chips in the upper dinning room area!

Thanks, I will keep checking the online account. And we for sure won't miss the fish and chips in the upper dining area, DH LOVES his fish and chips!!:)

MY PVP said that this was the price when it first was introduced, but due to popular selling the price increased and 299 was now the price at Carnival.com. Then she said there is fine print at the bottom regarding availability. Does this sound right to you? At the company I work for, if they find a section of our website where a price is listed and not removed by error, we honor it!!!!

:eek:

Hey funinthesun, we'll be on the cruise!! We just booked last night...we did the "More = Merrier" method...we got to pick our room. We got a balcony on deck6 forward! We're looking forward to a balcony.

MY PVP said that this was the price when it first was introduced, but due to popular selling the price increased and 299 was now the price at Carnival.com. Then she said there is fine print at the bottom regarding availability. Does this sound right to you? At the company I work for, if they find a section of our website where a price is listed and not removed by error, we honor it!!!!

Hmmm, yep really small print on bottom

"capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice."

Depends how far you want to push it for $40.

A squeaky wheel type person might consider calling Carnival directly - not the PVP. Plus asking for the 110% guarantee since you did find a lower advertised rate within 48 hours.

Gook luck and enjoy the cruise no matter what.

Edited by jeansaussie1

Hmmm, yep really small print on bottom

"capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice."

Depends how far you want to push it for $40.

A squeaky wheel type person might consider calling Carnival directly - not the PVP. Plus asking for the 110% guarantee since you did find a lower advertised rate within 48 hours.

Gook luck and enjoy the cruise no matter what.

LOL, now that is really pushing it for Carnival! Ive heard so many excuses from them regarding price drops, etc..they will come up with just about any reason to deny giving a lower price!!!

also a big LOL for the small print, my reading glasses are safely tucked away in my desk drawer !!!! They are only 1.5 though...need a magnifying glass to see that small of print! :D:D

Ive seen some posts where people booked online and got confirmed rates that Carnival came back later and said ooops that was a misprint. .. they would not honor it.

When I booked a pack n go, I was on the site a midnight (the night before they actually opened) and so was my PVP to grab a cabin at the price .. there were only 2 cabins at that price she said, and she had a hard time getting the printed price, took her hours of clicking and it wasnt there, then it was, not .. finally she got it. Someone else must have been looking at the cruise and every time they clicked it takes the cabin left out of inventory.

Edited by firefly333

Ive seen some posts where people booked online and got confirmed rates that Carnival came back later and said ooops that was a misprint. .. they would not honor it.

When I booked a pack n go, I was on the site a midnight (the night before they actually opened) and so was my PVP to grab a cabin at the price .. there were only 2 cabins at that price she said, and she had a hard time getting the printed price, took her hours of clicking and it wasnt there, then it was, not .. finally she got it. Someone else must have been looking at the cruise and every time they clicked it takes the cabin left out of inventory.

Your PVP was on the site at midnight? Maybe the two of you were clicking on it at the same time and you were counteracting each other?

Your PVP was on the site at midnight? Maybe the two of you were clicking on it at the same time and you were counteracting each other?

No, I was just there waiting for it to come up. She has given me her cell phone and we know that you need to grab it quick to get the prices if they are really good. .. as the OP found out.

No, I was just there waiting for it to come up. She has given me her cell phone and we know that you need to grab it quick to get the prices if they are really good. .. as the OP found out.

I think if the price increases, then it should be changed on the pack n go page - or be taken off altogether. Its very misleading. Either that, or it should say at the top of the page - in a regular size print...that the prices could change and don't count on the price listed. I work in a web-based sales office and we have to honor prices all the time that are listed on different sections of our website, if the webmaster forgets to delete them in any of the numerous places they could appear. JMO. Oh well, it was only 40$. Not going to bankrupt me, just my thoughts on it.

We booked a pack and go rate in April for our June 14th cruise on the Ecstasy. I had never booked that way either. We also chose anytime dining. My only concern with booking that way was I was a little that we would get a cabin with an upper and lower berth. I checked my booking constantly and about 2 weeks after I booked my cabin assignment was there and it is on the Main deck pretty close to the front but most importantly not an upper and lower. I was surprised that I got the cabin assignment so quickly. Have a great time.

We booked a pack and go rate in April for our June 14th cruise on the Ecstasy. I had never booked that way either. We also chose anytime dining. My only concern with booking that way was I was a little that we would get a cabin with an upper and lower berth. I checked my booking constantly and about 2 weeks after I booked my cabin assignment was there and it is on the Main deck pretty close to the front but most importantly not an upper and lower. I was surprised that I got the cabin assignment so quickly. Have a great time.

Thanks, we will. My PVP told me that with the pack and go we would not get an upper and lower.

I kind of like the surprise element of it all though, wonder where we will end up? I'll let you all know!