Review of Equinox E. Med. Cruise 5/11/12

sooper

Super thread, Sooper. We just booked for November for the same cruise and your comments and photos are invaluable. Thanks it must have been hard work and our group of 4 just wanted to say thanks.

Super thread, Sooper. We just booked for November for the same cruise and your comments and photos are invaluable. Thanks it must have been hard work and our group of 4 just wanted to say thanks.

Thank you for the nice words! :) I've gotten so much from CC in my cruise planning, so I'm really glad my review is helpful to others.

Thank you for the nice words! :) I've gotten so much from CC in my cruise planning, so I'm really glad my review is helpful to others.

Hi Jill,:) congrats...I did not realize you are going back to the Med so

soon......hope you have a wonderful time again.....anyone from our

cruise going with you?

Hi Jill,:) congrats...I did not realize you are going back to the Med so

soon......hope you have a wonderful time again.....anyone from our

cruise going with you?

Hi Lois ~ I'll be taking my mom as she's never been to Europe. The itinerary is so port intensive so I thought the sooner the better while her mobility's still good! ;) Don't think anyone we know is going again.

Hi Lois ~ I'll be taking my mom as she's never been to Europe. The itinerary is so port intensive so I thought the sooner the better while her mobility's still good! ;) Don't think anyone we know is going again.

Hi Jill, I am sure you will both have a wonderful time:)

To Oia the taxi stand was right next to the bus station, but there were not many taxis waiting. We had to wait a few minutes for ours. I don't know about the taxis from Oia, since we left from Ammoudi Bay. We didn't have an issue because the restaurant called a taxi for us and it was only a few minutes wait.

What restaurant did you have lunch in Ammoudi Bay?

Your photos are fantastic and your narrative is a great help in planning our trip. Many thanks!

We had not planned to dine in the specialty restaurants, but with a group and a 2-for-1 special we were glad to try Tuscan Grille for dinner.

When did they announce the 2 for 1 at specialty restaurants? Did they offer 20% if you dined the first night at a specialty restaurant?

Thanks!

Thanks all!

What restaurant did you have lunch in Ammoudi Bay?

Your photos are fantastic and your narrative is a great help in planning our trip. Many thanks!

We went to Dimitris...walk to the end on the left side from the path down to the bay.

When did they announce the 2 for 1 at specialty restaurants? Did they offer 20% if you dined the first night at a specialty restaurant?

Thanks!

I didn't see any announcement. The first night 20% off offer was via email, but I didn't take up on that.

Thank you dln929. I'm trying and learning. I try to shoot everything as I know I'll forget sooner than I thought I would! :p

You take amazing pictures. What type of camara do you use?? Any special lenses??

We will be sailing to the eastern med on the equinox in aug. We really appreciate all your pics. Thank You :)

• 4 weeks later...
You take amazing pictures. What type of camara do you use?? Any special lenses??

We will be sailing to the eastern med on the equinox in aug. We really appreciate all your pics. Thank You :)

Thanks! I used a Canon T3 with the 18-55 kit lens and infrequently a nifty fifty. Wished I had brought the 55-250 though...would've been nice for the ruins. But was trying to pack light.:rolleyes:

Incredible review. Beautifully crafted. Thank you!

Do you recall the restaurant where you had the amazing gyros in Athens? Guessing it was a place that Hugh Jackman you to.

Nancy

Aww...thanks! Yes, "Hugh" recommended the place. There was a display stand outside the restaurant (with outdoor tables) with "Cafe Restaurant Musses" at the top with some menu items listed. Hope you find it! I'll have to wait a little to see those gyros again...

Day 2 - Messina: Woke up excited about the first day of tour.

7313238366_5fca229851_z.jpg

As it's the only day with a late start so we could have breakfast in Blu, we went there. The mango smoothie was delicious, but the salmon frittata, while the ingredients were fresh, was dry (sensing a theme??):

7313237900_06ea914a40_z.jpg

I think I just chose the wrong item. We ate quickly and met our tour group, pre-arranged through our fantastic roll call. There were some miscommunication and too bad we were missing two members. (Learning lesson for future tour arrangements...)

First stop was Taormina, where we had free time to self tour. Most of us stayed together and went to the Greek theatre first - amazing views:

7313239170_b382b21860_z.jpg

7313239834_4fc1fb49a4_z.jpg

7313240132_94ce72f474_z.jpg

I amazing pictures....what kind of lens/camera did you use?

• 9 months later...
Browsing thru posts and saw this. Can't believe it has been almost a year since we were on this absolutely wonderful cruise. Loved the Equinox and this itinerary. Great group on our CC roll call.

I agree:).....this coming week will be a year:):eek:.......we did have

a wonderful time. Where has the time gone?

Archived