MTD Bookings - whats the best time??

Im very excited - the MTD booking have opened for my sailing, but now Im wondering, what is the best dining time if you want to go to the shows/ship activities?

Im sailing on Rhapsody and would love some advice about what are good times to book in for dinner. There is a block on 6.30 to 7.30 bookings so they are out.

I know I dont have to book, and that the other things happening on board may mean I end up changing them all anyway but I am still interested in knowing what time people think works best or even just what time the shows typically are so I can factor that in

We like the very latest time but we never make reservations ahead of time and many times not at all. If you have a larger party you might need too.

We like to take a nap in the afternoon around 5:00 or so and then wake up shower, dress and get a drink before dinner. With MTD you will still finish before some of the regular late diners so you won't miss a show. Sometimes there is only one show per night but it is either early or late enough that both seating can attend. Anyway, then we stay up LATE.

When we have our kids we still do the same because we feed them from room service or WJ and then take them to the OA before we go to eat. That way they get a good nap because they never want to leave OA before midnight or so. They only eat with us the first night and one formal night but even formal night is up for negotiation.

Since the shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional dining times, you pick which show you'd rather see, and eat dinner around the show times.....you still get a choice of shows, but you'll need to eat at or around one of the traditional times if you wish to attend the show. If the show isn't an issue, you can eat any time.

I was told by the head waiter in charge of MTD on the Mariner that booking at the 15 or 45 after the hour was best. Most crowds show up for on the hour or half hour times, while most people are leaving at the 15 and 45. So, I would suggest 7:45PM to avoid any crowds or lines waiting to be seated.

Archived