Self serve Laundry on Coral Princess

MeAgain2222

Trying to pack light - There is a self serve laundry on the Coral Princess (actually close to our stateroom) Is this busy? Expensive? Do they have soap, etc available? I really don't want to do laundry on vacation, but it might work out better than taking a checked suitcase on the airline. It would be great if our family of four could manage with carryons :)

We were on the Coral in December. The self-serve laundry was quite close to our cabin, which made it very convenient. It was not noisy and there was no additional noticeable traffic because of it.

It was fairly busy at times, but if you are flexible, and since you are close to the laundry, you can just check it out and use when not busy.

It was $2 a load for wash and the same for drying. The dryer holds a lot and does get things dry with just one cycle.

There is a change machine, which worked fine for me, though I know others have had problems. You can get quarters at the purser's desk, if needed.

I brought Purell 2-in-one sheets along, but there is detergent and softener for sale. I'm not sure of the price, maybe $1 per load? There is also an iron and ironing board.

I like using the laundry on longer cruises; I don't need it obn a 7 nighter, but with a family of four it might cut down on packing to wash a few favorites mid-cruise.

Archived