I AM SORRY, I asked a STUPID question.

Nisi

:( I asked previously if anyone was cruising on our ship with a child under 2 so our kids could make friends or have a playdate, and now I realize that was a dumb thing to do. Sadly, there are crazy people out there and they probably take cruises, too. I think I can bring the baby to the Camp from 12-2 on certain days and meet others at that time. I let my guard down about a cruise, but I shouldn't have. I will try not to post anything else quite that stupid.

No such thing as a stupid question LOL. I remember reading your thread and I think someone suggested the roll call boards?

You can always ask one of the hosts to remove your thread.

No such thing as a stupid question LOL. I remember reading your thread and I think someone suggested the roll call boards?

You can always ask one of the hosts to remove your thread.

Liv, it was moved to the roll call board ;)

On our last cruise we had an overbearing mother who wanted her 12yo to be "friends" with my 2 boys. This was fine with us and we introduced the boys. After a day or so, my boys came to me and said that the mother was driving them crazy. She would stalk our boys down and try to force them to play with her son all the time. My boys were spending most of their time trying to avoid this overbearing mother.

DW was very concerned about what to do as she didn't want the situation to continue but didn't want to offend anyone. My feeling were that I really didn't care if I offended her beacuse she was being an ass at the expense of my boys. So I tracked her down and explained the situation to her. Never sae her or her son for the rest of the cruise.

:( I asked previously if anyone was cruising on our ship with a child under 2 so our kids could make friends or have a playdate, and now I realize that was a dumb thing to do. Sadly, there are crazy people out there and they probably take cruises, too. I think I can bring the baby to the Camp from 12-2 on certain days and meet others at that time. I let my guard down about a cruise, but I shouldn't have. I will try not to post anything else quite that stupid.

Like Liv said there is no question that is too dumb.....perhaps some that should be asked on another board ..... but in any event take some of the answers that you get with a grain of salt:D

I could be wrong but as I read this Nisi is concerned not that it was posted to the wrong place but that info was put out there on an internet message board.

If this is the case, I certainly understand your concern. On previous cruises I had read these boeards but never met people from them...until my recent voyage. As a single woman trvelling either alone or with my children I was a bit cautious.

When I cruised last month I did join a roll call thread here at CC. AT first I was hesitant to post personal info. When I did go and post a few things I second guessed myself a bit. But I have to tell you that it was a GREAT forum! I met some really wonderful people and my DD had a chance to "meet" some kids before we actually got on the ship. We even wound up sharing cabin #'s and some of us cell #'s for our pre-stay time in Miami.

I am including a link to the review I just wrote because it includes info on what the CC Group did on the cruise and how much fun we had together!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=173545

People post questions all the time... You will be WITH your 2 year old, it's not like you are leaving him/her anywhere by themselves or with strangers... You were simply asking if others were traveling with children that age, not asking them over for a sleepover :D You have to be cautious REGARDLESS on a ship as there are many wackos out there in all parts of the world... be cautious of your surroundings, but honestly, I don't think you did anything wrong... you did not post a phone number, a picture, anything at all actually... don't stress!!! ;)

I was concerned about putting too much info out there and asking others to do it as well. This seems to be such a nice and informative site and I just didn't think about being guarded.

NIsi: it is a nice informative site. And whole groups sail together...they meet as strangers but by the end of the cruise some are very good friends.

If you head to the group board and read some postings--you will find the majority of those people are strangers giving out information to each other.

Trust people to an extent...thats all.

Nisi, I'm the person who posted a question about getting rather creeped out at the concept of someone asking about which kids will be on which ships.

I looked over a couple threads and i don't see anything from anyone that says anything on the line of "that's a stooopid question, go away," so I'm not sure if you're being defensive or if I'm just mis-reading. For what it's worth, I thought your question was fine, and was a legitimate question.

Anyhow- I'm rather particular about privacy issues, especially when it comes to my kids. I don't use their names in internet postings, and I absolutely do NOT post their photos on the internet, no matter HOW adorable I think they are. I don't have a "personal webpage" that includes laundry lists of my phenomenal childrens' exploits, and I don't tell the world where I live (other than a general location), what improvelments we're making on the house, etc.

Every day at work I get the typical inter-office emails from my ..... interesting...... coworkers. Most of them are hilariously funny, but lately there's a series of Michael Jackson pics that have been photo-shopped with pictures of kids that are available on the internet. They're jokes, but I'm sure glad it's not MY kids' pictures that were put in there. That's just too creepy for me. I don't want to see my daughters' heads cropped onto ANYONE's body.

So more than anything, my question/statement was intended more for the people who tell us that their "...three boys- Michael (14), Darren, (12) and Adrian (10), who will be on the Glory on March 12th, in Cabin 5403 on the Panorama Deck, and what wll be there to entertain my boys who really, really prefer video games to the pool, so we're thinking of leaving them ont he ship while we go on a shore excursion....." or that sort of thing. Granted, most people don't write single posts like that, but over the course of an entire thread, or various posts throughout the board, it's surprising how much info people give out on themselves, much less on their kids.

It might help to know that I'm a defense contractor and people I work with get paid a lot of money to glean information from websites. It's amazing- and frightening- how much you can learn about people who talk on chatboards. It seems that they start to feel "comfortable" with the atmosphere-- and I admit, it's easy to feel comfortable in here-- but they let their guard down and post things on the internet that they'd never say to strangers in the grocery store, or someone who just walked up to their house and rang the doorbell.

I was just curious to the fact as why bring a child that young on a cruise,, what is wrong with DisneyWorld or Land,,, I know my parents travelled alot when i was younger and I have been to Bahamas, DisneyWorld and honestly I remember DW the best although I was 5,, sorry but I honestly dont get bringing a child that young on a cruise... Sorry my 2 cents..

I can see several reasons for bringing the child on the cruise. The first thing that came to my mind is, this is a family vacation, and the 2 year old is part of the family. Who cares what the child wil or won't remember? There will be "together time," and there will be Camp Carnival time when the parents will have their alone time.

Also, there may not be someone who the parents are comfortable about leaving their child with for that long..... or, who they would feel like they could ask (it might be an imposition).

Maybe it's a family-reunion-type cruise, with lots of folks from different branches of the family tree. What do you say then- No, Aunt Ethel, we didn't bring little Brooke because she's only two...... This might be Aunt Ethels' only opportunity to see her assorted family members all together at the same time.

No matter- there are any number of reasons, and Nisi isn't obligated to justify to us or anyone why she chose to bring her child along.

I was just curious to the fact as why bring a child that young on a cruise,, what is wrong with DisneyWorld or Land,,, I know my parents travelled alot when i was younger and I have been to Bahamas, DisneyWorld and honestly I remember DW the best although I was 5,, sorry but I honestly dont get bringing a child that young on a cruise... Sorry my 2 cents..

I didnt take my kids on any vacations in the hopes they remember. Mostly took them because it was quality family time to spend as a family. I took my kids to the North Pole and they were old enough to enjoy it...they just dont remember going.

Archived