shuttle to airport

mkgwhite

We arrive in tampa and need to be off the ship by 11am. Our flight leaves at 3:00. Do we pre-arrange a shuttle or do they wait out side the port. If you pre-arrange one how do you find them, i am sure there are lots of people trying to get to the airport. Is there a good place to eat lunch at Tampa airport, or can we walk around somewhere?

They'll probably kick you off the ship earlier than 11:00am. Taxi is flat-rate to TPA, $25 when we were there last Nov. There are many choices at the Tampa airport for lunch. There are plenty of taxis at the port when you get off the ship and you'll have plenty of time to have lunch at the airport before your return flight.

We got off the ship and there was a stand selling shuttle to the airport. I cant remember how much, maybe $12 pp?? just cant remember to the exact dollar. We did this last time.

The time before I thought I had a prearranged shuttle and it drove me crazy looking for one particular shuttle who wasnt there when they said.

We just did this Saturday. Shuttles are everywhere once outside the terminal. Some were $12-20 each.

The taxis are all the way down on the corner and lined up forever. The sign said "Taxi Airport $25 - NOT per person". We indeed paid $25 for 4 of us.

We did self embarking and they called our floor at 8:40. We were checking in at the airport at 9:10.

[quote name='mkgwhite']We arrive in tampa and need to be off the ship by 11am. Our flight leaves at 3:00. Do we pre-arrange a shuttle or do they wait out side the port. If you pre-arrange one how do you find them, i am sure there are lots of people trying to get to the airport. Is there a good place to eat lunch at Tampa airport, or can we walk around somewhere?[/quote]

Grab a cab, much cheaper, is is about $25 for four people. You will be off the ship no later than 10:00 and at the airport before 10:30 and that is doing regular debarkation.

[quote name='mkgwhite']Can you walk from port to mall or restaurants. I don't want to be at the airport for 5 hours. Should we go to the aquarium?[/QUOTE]

You will have to store your luggage somewhere or keep it with you if you don't go on to the airport. There is a mall near the airport, if I remember correctly. If you can go ahead and check in at the airport and leave your luggage, you could grab a cab and go to the mall. Window shop, have a nice lunch, then return, go through security and on to wait for the plane.

Destination Tampa Bay has an office right in the terminal. They will store your luggage if you want to go to the aquarium. They have city tours with drop-off at the airport.
[url]http://www.destinationtampa.com/CruisePortServices/tabid/91/Default.aspx[/url]

Archived