OMGOODNESSSSSSSSS Shoes~~~ I am trying I promise ;-)

For MDR I have cute dresses.. And some Shoes to match.....Grrrrrrrr

I am having a problem with this HELP

7 day cruise 2 formal nights...

I have 3 outfits I can wear one pair of shoes with but other than that......:eek::eek::eek:

I know other things to be more stressed about but looking at the amount of stuff for 4 people to take for seven days WOW.

I am not sure how to pack them either..I will have to break them up in suitcases because my fear is they MIGHT get lost..:eek:

WHO ELSE has this problem?????

What do you do to cope?;)

Your shoes do NOT need to "match"...they simply need to "go" with things!

Something in a neutral color...bone, tan, metallics, etc....will "go" with almost anything.

Definitely put some in this bag...some in another. Better to HAVE a pair of any shoe, than not to have any at all! Put the outfit into the same bag as the shoes! All of your clothing should be "cross-packed" anyway.

I can't get below 5 pair of shoes as much as I try:

1 pair for formal nights

1 pair casual evening shoes

1 pair sandals that I can walk in (most of the time I also board in these)

1 pair walking sneakers

1 pair flip flops

I also take my slippers, but they are spa slippers that are flat.

I think the trick is to plan your clothing from the shoes up, instead of selecting a bunch of outfits and then needing shoes to go with each. I have large feet (10 wide), no way can I pack them inside my husbands shoes and to get them into my carry on, well they may take up about half the space.

I'm a 5 pair of shoes person too.

Cream heels, Black flats for night

sneakers and Birkenstock thongs (flip flops) day time

Gold sandals. For both day and night. If my feet swell and flats don't fit or heels rub then this is what i can barely get away with at night. if i am going somewhere a bit dressier during the3 day these work to.

I take a whole bunch of shoes. I sometimes have a complete suitcase of shoes. If you are willing to pay for the extra suitcase or, better yet, driving to the port do not stress about how much you bring. The cabins have plenty of storage and you will feel great wearing the things you want to wear. Have a great trip!

I take a whole bunch of shoes. I sometimes have a complete suitcase of shoes. If you are willing to pay for the extra suitcase or, better yet, driving to the port do not stress about how much you bring. The cabins have plenty of storage and you will feel great wearing the things you want to wear. Have a great trip!

I take my share also but when my best friend and her hubby went with us she actully had seventeen pairs with her for a seven day cruise...not to mention the clothes.

There are 2 options. 1. Bring all the shoes you want that you think match all the outfits you plan to bring. This might mean you have to pack more bags and pay for them, if you're flying and you're not elite on the airline with free bags. (or flying Southwest) 2. Plan your outfits around fewer pairs of shoes.

I try to plan my shoes around minimal colors & styles so I can get away with 3-5 prs shoes, but really, the trip and my planned activities dictate a lot. I can wear 3 colors the entire time, but if the temps will vary or I'm doing more than just being on a cruise ship, etc.

I do almost always wear my heaviest/clunkiest shoes on the airplane. Yes, it can be a PITA getting through security when I have to take off my hiking boots, but if I need my hiking boots on the trip, that's what I do. (I bring foldable slippers for airplane rides and use in hotel rooms/ship cabins)

I can't get below 5 pair of shoes as much as I try:

1 pair for formal nights

1 pair casual evening shoes

1 pair sandals that I can walk in (most of the time I also board in these)

1 pair walking sneakers

1 pair flip flops

I also take my slippers, but they are spa slippers that are flat.

I think the trick is to plan your clothing from the shoes up, instead of selecting a bunch of outfits and then needing shoes to go with each. I have large feet (10 wide), no way can I pack them inside my husbands shoes and to get them into my carry on, well they may take up about half the space.

I think 5 is about the minimum most of us can get by with. I take: Formal shoes (Patent or metallic), "nice sandals", walkign sandals (usually Birks, and usually worn onto the ship), Pool/beach shoes/flip flops (May take more than one pair - one for beach, one for pool); May take water shoes.

I was able to do 3 in Alaska but for whatever reason - the warm weather destinations I bring more:rolleyes: (in Alaska I had 1 pr goretex hiking shoes, 1 pr Privo mary janes, 1 pr black beaded evening sandals)

If i was just doing Alaska then maybe i could get away with 3 pairs.

Sneakers

Heels

Flats.

But i am doing some touring prior and ill need open shoes for that. I usually wear some of my bulkier items on the plane but that wont work this time. I am doing a tour for 15 days prior. So i wont be able to get the hotel and just chuk the items in the room and leave them there. We will be up and leaving almost everyday. So sneakers and fleece sweater will be packed down the bottom and kept there until i need them. Don't want to get to my destination and have to try and repack everything. :D

There are 2 options. 1. Bring all the shoes you want that you think match all the outfits you plan to bring. This might mean you have to pack more bags and pay for them, if you're flying and you're not elite on the airline with free bags. (or flying Southwest) 2. Plan your outfits around fewer pairs of shoes.

I try to plan my shoes around minimal colors & styles so I can get away with 3-5 prs shoes, but really, the trip and my planned activities dictate a lot. I can wear 3 colors the entire time, but if the temps will vary or I'm doing more than just being on a cruise ship, etc.

I do almost always wear my heaviest/clunkiest shoes on the airplane. Yes, it can be a PITA getting through security when I have to take off my hiking boots, but if I need my hiking boots on the trip, that's what I do. (I bring foldable slippers for airplane rides and use in hotel rooms/ship cabins)

BBM

Same here and it's always worked well for me!

I've decided not to even count anything, it's too stressful to try to conform and I do that all the time at work... "conform". As long as it fits in my one checked, carry-on and personal bag... we're going on vacation!

I tried to keep the shoe count down. Tried to wear black shoes for all the MDR dinning, not working so now

1 black dress shoe

1 gold dress shoe

2 flip flops

1-2 casual sandal (if bag over limit, will leave 1 casual sandal)

1 tennis shoe (wearing on plane)

So guess I'm only packing 5-6

For DS

1 black dress shoe

1 brown dress sandal (if luggage over weight limit will leave this shoe)

1 flip flop

2 tennis shoes (wearing one tennis shoe)

2 flip flop and 2 casual sandal? That is where I, personally, would cut back if necessary. 2 rubber or plastic flip flop? Why?

And the 2 flip flops are just flip flops to wear with swim suits. They take up little space and weigh nothing, I can wear them with my causal sun dresses if I want to.

Archived