Question about tipping Cabana Attendant

We will be going on the FOS in July and are very excited about the Cabana we reserved for Labadee. I know that we get a "cabana attendant" and was wondering the appropriate way and amount to tip him/her. I'm not sure what the attendent will do for us - do they get us drinks from the back, re-stock towels, etc.? Does each attendant have several Cabanas to tend to? I know if we order a drink, the gratuity is already on the bill but I wanted to know what what is fair - do we tip the attendant right away, for each service provided or at the end of the day? All input appreciated!

Tip at the end of the day...and tip what you feel their service was worth to you...and how many of you there are!

For 2 people with minimum needs, I'd tip around $25....if you have a bunch of folks and keep the attendant running, tip more!

I know if we order a drink, the gratuity is already on the bill but I wanted to know what what is fair - do we tip the attendant right away, for each service provided or at the end of the day?

When we were in the cabana area I asked the RCL barman if the gratuity on the bill went to the cabana attendant who got the drinks for us. He said no. I factored in what the attendant did in total for our stay and I believe we gave $15 for each person in the cabana. They do cover several cabanas.

Our "cabana boy" set up the cabana(towels, cooler of water), extra lounge chairs on the beach next to our cabana, brought us our float mats, and took orders for drinks (when we could find him). They are also supposed to sweep the cabana periodically to remove the sand that gets tracked in. Out "cabana boy" wasn't very attentive and we had to search him out or request beverages from someone else. We were his only cabana, but his brother in law was the Barefoot Beach concierge, so it was definitely a family deal. We tipped $10 pp. at the end of the day.

Our "cabana boy" set up the cabana(towels, cooler of water), extra lounge chairs on the beach next to our cabana, brought us our float mats, and took orders for drinks (when we could find him). They are also supposed to sweep the cabana periodically to remove the sand that gets tracked in. Out "cabana boy" wasn't very attentive and we had to search him out or request beverages from someone else. We were his only cabana, but his brother in law was the Barefoot Beach concierge, so it was definitely a family deal. We tipped $10 pp. at the end of the day.

We had the same deal. He set up the Cabana and disappeared. He pretty much sat on a stool and acted like a security guard. THe only time he acknowledged us was when it was time to tip.

We must of had an exceptional "cabana attendant" last year, as it seems like every time we turned around he was asking us if we needed anything! Very timely on the drinks and even brought food to the cabana. Kept it clean as well--wish I could remember his name, but we where in W2 and plan on getting the same cabana this Oct.!!;) We tipped him $30.00 for the day.(two of us)

Archived